Author Topic: Libya: Chaos  (Read 2341 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Libya: Chaos
« on: March 16, 2014, 06:09:32 AM »
What a sad, sorry, situation.

So desperate to recruit Al-CIAda "Freedom Fighters" to ship off to various wars of hegemony and overthrow.   We've now left a leadership Vacuum and terrorist hot bed.

There's actually people in this world that think overthrowing MQ was a "natural uprising".   Yes a "natural uprising" with CIA special operations teams on the ground, U.S. drones over head, and NATO F-15E's and Tornado Fighter Bombers, and the French AF flying support missions.

Hopefully those CIA teams in Benghazi got enough Libyan Army weapons shipped off to the highly radicalized "freedom fighters" in Syria to make a real difference for the terrorists . . . errr, "freedom fighters".

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/three-years-after-gaddafi-libya-is-imploding-into-chaos-and-violence-9194697.html

The Lockerbie lie is another story unto itself.    Gee, I wonder why we have conspiracy theories.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Libya: Chaos
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »
speak plainly
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 03:18:08 PM »
So crazy and chaotic Cinnabon has had amazing success for years!  :sdeek:
http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-02-27/looking-cool-place-hang-out-tripoli-try-cinnabon
http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=157764146&m=157764133

oh no whatever will they do if cinnabon is the only place to stay open!
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 05:43:52 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/17/world/africa/navy-seals-tanker/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

U.S. Navy SEALs have taken control of a commercial tanker that had been seized by three armed Libyans earlier this month.

No one was hurt in the Sunday night operation, the Pentagon said.

The tanker, Morning Glory, is carrying oil owned by Libya's National Oil Company.

It sailed last week from the rebel-held port of As-Sidra in the nation's east. Libyan forces fired on the vessel but were called off by the U.S. Navy, fearing an environmental disaster.

The situation remains unsettled in the North African nation, which the government is struggling to control more than two years after the ouster of longtime Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi.

In this case, the issue centers around the oil-rich eastern part of the country and one man in particular, Ibrahim Jadran. The militia leader was entrusted by the government to safeguard crucial oil ports. But last July, Jadran and his men seized them, blocking oil exports, and demanded more autonomy and shared revenues for his eastern region.

He said he acted because the government is corrupt.

The conflict over oil wealth is stoking fears Libya may slide deeper into chaos as the fragile government fails to rein in the armed brigades that helped oust Moammar Gadhafi in 2011 but now do as they please.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 09:20:53 AM »
do you think mh370 is in libya?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 10:03:10 AM »
do you think mh370 is in libya?

They would have had to stop to refuel.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 10:30:49 AM »

The conflict over oil wealth is stoking fears Libya may slide deeper into chaos as the fragile government fails to rein in the armed brigades that helped oust Moammar Gadhafi in 2011 but now do as they please.

At this point, I don't know if Libya can slide deeper into chaos or if it's just going to scoot around on its ass in chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 08:54:03 AM »
Barry and Hillary's BFF and the primary reason why we went in and destroyed Libya.  Now that country is in year 9 of civil war involving Turkey-Russia-Egypt and others.

But that rough ridin' Trump,man.   

Libya wrecked because Barry and Hillary didn't want to see their mega corrupt BFF Nic get caught taking money from Muammar.  They also couldn't tolerate some dark skinned guy talking about African Union's and a singular African currency and African OPEC (in partnership with the Chinese and Russians) with a bunch of other leaders with dark skin . . . so they blew the place up.    As Barrack, Hillary and Joe were want to do against nations run by people with dark skin during their reign of terror (while caging kids on the Southern U.S. border and deporting millions more dark skinned people).

--------------------------------------

But the PNF signed at the end of January a supplementary indictment broadening the investigations to facts of "criminal association," opening the way to the indictment of new suspects and an aggravation of the prosecutions against the protagonists already involved, including Mr. Sarkozy.

On Jan. 31, the magistrates indicted for "criminal association," one of the former collaborators of Mr. Sarkozy, Thierry Gaubert , suspected of having received funds from the Libyan regime which could have fueled the campaign for the presidential election of 2007.

During his last hearing, in June 2019, Mr. Sarkozy said he was "totally innocent in this affair," denounced a "conspiracy," then refused to answer the questions of the investigating magistrates, the time of the examination of appeal aimed at cancel the investigation.

But a judgment of the Paris Court of Appeal of Sept. 24 made it possible to relaunch the investigation: the investigating chamber, responsible for studying appeals against investigative acts, rejected most of the arguments of the Sarkozy camp which invoked nullities against these investigations. It has thus almost entirely validated the investigations launched eight years ago in this case with multiple ramifications.

Mr. Sarkozy appealed against this decision, just like Eric Woerth, Claude Guéant and Alexandre Djouhri, said a judicial source. - Le Monde

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 09:05:15 PM »
In some fantastic Libyan disaster news.  It is alleged that Libya is now the home of the first AI controlled drone strikes/assassinations. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/world/africa/libya-drone.html

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 03:15:35 PM »
Thanks Obama-Clinton

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/violent-clashes-in-libya-reignite-fears-of-civil-war/ar-AA11carg

Another 6 to midnight moment for the perpetual war #neocons running the country

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2023, 09:46:22 AM »
Thanks Obama-Clinton

What a real yellow cake crisis looks like. 

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/25-Tons-Of-Uranium-Missing-From-Libya-Amid-Rival-Government-Crisis.html

The concern is that while natural uranium cannot be used either for energy or weapons without a complicated enrichment process, if it ended up in the wrong hands it could be sold to regimes with this capability.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2023, 11:23:04 AM »
Thanks Obama-Clinton

What a real yellow cake crisis looks like. 

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/25-Tons-Of-Uranium-Missing-From-Libya-Amid-Rival-Government-Crisis.html

The concern is that while natural uranium cannot be used either for energy or weapons without a complicated enrichment process, if it ended up in the wrong hands it could be sold to regimes with this capability.
Lmao the algo was MADE for Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2023, 12:08:06 PM »
It's being reported by an entity owned by News Corp so that means it didn't actually happen . . . cire

When I don't like what the news says, algorithms matter (we used to get all  :curse:  whenever anyone brought up algorithms) . . . cire

Need a StalkerBot.7 mouthpiece rating

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2023, 12:26:18 PM »
Dax's links, if even provided, should always be treated with scrutiny. But this story is factual, per the UN and the BBC.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2023, 12:35:28 PM »
Great Scott!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2023, 01:54:46 PM »
Fact checking News Corp about a story regarding Yellow Cake.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is 10000% on brand for #blueanongE and I particularly appreciate @Spracne who literally trusts nothing if it's even slightly negative for one of his leaders.  It's just  :lol: :lol:  2 very very big  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

On the flip side #blueanongE including @Spracne will instantly glom all over even the most obscure Twitter rando (or similar) regarding anything negative about a conservative.   You guys are just adorable. 

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2023, 02:10:44 PM »
Brave of you guys to engage Dax ITT. When we all woke up this morning it had been 9 years to the day since someone other than Dax posted here. Nine. Years.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2023, 02:16:14 PM »
I'm always triggered and bothered by everything Dax says and does but I keep following him around and responding . . . BAC

I really only want posters who affirm my beliefs to post on this blog . . . BAC

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2023, 02:33:50 PM »
Et tu, dax? I stood up for the integrity of your story, and this is how you repay me? I invite--nay, encourage--you to assess the factual bases of anything I link here. Information hygiene is important.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2023, 02:45:04 PM »
Et tu, dax? I stood up for the integrity of your story, and this is how you repay me? I invite--nay, encourage--you to assess the factual bases of anything I link here. Information hygiene is important.

I don't fact check stories from credible entities because some individuals working at a completely different enterprise under the umbrella of the parent corp don't ascribe to my personal political ideals 24/7/365.  Only very weird and very paranoid people use that as a reason to fact check a story. 

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2023, 03:08:48 PM »
I'm always triggered and bothered by everything Dax says and does but I keep following him around and responding . . . BAC

Fwiw I don’t think I’ve ever expressed any kind of opinion about Libya on this blog

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2023, 03:40:16 PM »

Fwiw I don’t think I’ve ever expressed any kind of opinion about Libya on this blog
LMAO

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2023, 03:58:42 PM »

I don't fact check stories from credible entities because some individuals working at a completely different enterprise under the umbrella of the parent corp don't ascribe to my personal political ideals 24/7/365.  Only very weird and very paranoid people use that as a reason to fact check a story.

That's not why I check the sourcing of news articles. I do it because I don't want to internalize and then spread bullshit.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2023, 06:05:51 PM »
you can tell from the subject line this thread is pre-2022 (?)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2023, 06:48:30 PM »

That's not why I check the sourcing of news articles. I do it because I don't want to internalize and then spread bullshit.

Yep, media outlets like oilprice.com often just make up direct quotes from entities like the IAEA.   :thumbsup: