Author Topic: Say something controversial  (Read 94711 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Say something controversial
« Reply #275 on: April 22, 2014, 12:16:21 PM »
I think ku's football uni's this year are pretty nice

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2014, 12:25:49 PM »
Some of the better relationships I've had were squawks. I feel like most K-State girls have daddy issues.  :surprised:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »
LHC Bill Snyder would have a national championship if he had been at KU all these years.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2014, 12:37:01 PM »
LHC Bill Snyder would have a national championship if he had been at KU all these years.

meh.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2014, 12:38:23 PM »
I definitely will take that adive tho, CNS. That's good stuff. I'm mad, cause I showed up 2 hours early today to meet with that student and I have nothing to show for it.  :curse:
Sounds like you should have showed up 2 hours and 15 minutes early.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2014, 12:39:42 PM »
Religion does more harm than good.

I bet we could be best buds irl.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2014, 12:42:52 PM »
gE did not win the BBS championship in 2013.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2014, 12:43:40 PM »
Oh man!   :Wha:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 22, 2014, 12:45:06 PM »
Religion does more harm than good.

I bet we could be best buds irl.

I still want to know where I can get that wheat jesus painting from the i70 billboard.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »
gE did not win the BBS championship in 2013.

whatever the opposite of meh is, is my reaction to this

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 22, 2014, 01:07:30 PM »
Punch her with success.
I'm trying to. My students showed up early the last two days. Like 15 minutes early. I had appointments w/ them to enroll. Instead of having them wait for me to show up, she snuck them into her cube to enroll.  :curse:

Your boss just lets the whole wild west office thing go on? 

Start telling your appointments that they have to meet with you and prompt them that someone else may try to help them but not to go along with it.  Students won't care and will wait.
He really does. She's been the top performer for 3 years and i've been giving her a little competition here lately. She's gotten very aggressive with student appointments since then. I stormed into his office today and told him that this is two days in a row now. He kind of burrowed and said "I'll try to make it up to you". He's been saying this since I got here, but he never does. I like him, but he's weak in his position and they want to continue to make her happy since she's been so successfull before.

Your business model sucks, and people who graduate from "real" universities laugh at your students and graduates.

Do your soul a favor and quit signing up kids for shitty education they can't afford.

Just saying.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 22, 2014, 01:45:17 PM »
Most Republicans are Republicans simply because they are selfish assholes that want to pay less taxes. They don't give two shits about abortion, Unions, Healthcare, Trickle Down Economics, Limited Govt, Liberating Foreigners from oppressive Dictators, Immigration, Strong Defense, Border Security, Debt Ceiling, Personal Liberty, et all but pretend they do for the sake of looking like they have more than, "I don't want to pay more taxes," for justifying their vote.

:gocho:

Lets take money from the most efficient form of allocation known to man (free market) and give it the the most inefficient form of allocation in the world. Government.

Most democrats are chartered dumb asses when it comes to money. They have essentially no understanding of it at all, like nearly as dumb as children and teenagers. Alot of them think rich people have millions in cash.

Democrats are generally way smarter than Republicans about, like, everything.  (Is that controversial if studies back it up?)  Republican voters -- other than the very rich -- constantly vote against their own interests without even realizing it.

P.S.  Nobody will take you seriously if you think the U.S. has free market policies.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 22, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »
Most Republicans are Republicans simply because they are selfish assholes that want to pay less taxes. They don't give two shits about abortion, Unions, Healthcare, Trickle Down Economics, Limited Govt, Liberating Foreigners from oppressive Dictators, Immigration, Strong Defense, Border Security, Debt Ceiling, Personal Liberty, et all but pretend they do for the sake of looking like they have more than, "I don't want to pay more taxes," for justifying their vote.

Lets take money from the most efficient form of allocation known to man (free market) and give it the the most inefficient form of allocation in the world. Government.

Most democrats are chartered dumb asses when it comes to money. They have essentially no understanding of it at all, like nearly as dumb as children and teenagers. Alot of them think rich people have millions in cash.

Democrats are generally way smarter than Republicans about, like, everything.  (Is that controversial if studies back it up?)  Republican voters -- other than the very rich -- constantly vote against their own interests without even realizing it.

P.S.  Nobody will take you seriously if you think the U.S. has free market policies.

Same goes the other way.  The rest of us do it willingly, of course.  I'd like to hear one presidential candidate from my lifetime whose policies you supported 100%.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 22, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »
Sometimes I want to physically harm one of my coworkers. She's a chick, so I think that's where the controversy lies.

Are you saying you naturally want to harm chicks?
Not at all. I knew it would spin this way. Sometimes, when she talks in her high squeaky voice and steals students from me, I can mentally picture me punching her botox face. That's all. I'd never act on it.

Next time you are on the phone with a student scheduling an enrollment appointment say something like "You're lucky you didn't get stuck with (bitch student stealer) because she always screws up the enrollments."

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 22, 2014, 01:56:51 PM »
honestly, it sounds like fanning's coworker is practicing great customer service.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 22, 2014, 01:57:25 PM »
@kellyinvegas is a dumb $!#*

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 22, 2014, 01:57:40 PM »

Same goes the other way.  The rest of us do it willingly, of course.  I'd like to hear one presidential candidate from my lifetime whose policies you supported 100%.

Disagree.  Most rich Democrats realize they're voting against their pocketbooks, but think better funded social safety nets and public services offset that.  Poor Democrats are voting in their own best intersts.  Rich Republicans look at the bottom line and make their decision based on taxes, and I can somewhat respect their logic, even though it's shallow because they fail to consider how an improved and stable society benefits them.  Poor Republicans are just shooting themselves in the head (idiots).
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 22, 2014, 02:00:35 PM »

Disagree.  Most rich Democrats realize they're voting against their pocketbooks, but think better funded social safety nets and public services offset that.  Poor Democrats are voting in their own best intersts.  Rich Republicans look at the bottom line and make their decision based on taxes, and I can somewhat respect their logic, even though it's shallow because they fail to consider how an improved and stable society benefits them.  Poor Republicans are just shooting themselves in the head (idiots).

I wasn't talking about just taxes. 

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 22, 2014, 02:03:08 PM »

Well, you should be.  Along with the stuff taxes fund.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 22, 2014, 02:04:46 PM »

No offense but this is really, really dumb.  Just shockingly stupid.  Again, no offense.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 22, 2014, 02:06:05 PM »

Taxes are the only thing relevant to you when you vote?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 22, 2014, 02:06:46 PM »
Punch her with success.
I'm trying to. My students showed up early the last two days. Like 15 minutes early. I had appointments w/ them to enroll. Instead of having them wait for me to show up, she snuck them into her cube to enroll.  :curse:

Your boss just lets the whole wild west office thing go on? 

Start telling your appointments that they have to meet with you and prompt them that someone else may try to help them but not to go along with it.  Students won't care and will wait.
He really does. She's been the top performer for 3 years and i've been giving her a little competition here lately. She's gotten very aggressive with student appointments since then. I stormed into his office today and told him that this is two days in a row now. He kind of burrowed and said "I'll try to make it up to you". He's been saying this since I got here, but he never does. I like him, but he's weak in his position and they want to continue to make her happy since she's been so successfull before.

Your business model sucks, and people who graduate from "real" universities laugh at your students and graduates.

Do your soul a favor and quit signing up kids for shitty education they can't afford.

Just saying.
Traditional school do the same ammount of screwing. Don't be so naive. We turnover nurses here. They make that investment back quickly.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 22, 2014, 02:07:41 PM »
Sometimes I want to physically harm one of my coworkers. She's a chick, so I think that's where the controversy lies.

Are you saying you naturally want to harm chicks?
Not at all. I knew it would spin this way. Sometimes, when she talks in her high squeaky voice and steals students from me, I can mentally picture me punching her botox face. That's all. I'd never act on it.

Next time you are on the phone with a student scheduling an enrollment appointment say something like "You're lucky you didn't get stuck with (bitch student stealer) because she always screws up the enrollments."
Sounds like a great idea.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 22, 2014, 02:08:07 PM »
honestly, it sounds like fanning's coworker is practicing great customer service.
:lol: Yeah, that's what she's trying to do.

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 22, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »

Taxes are the only thing relevant to you when you vote?

I know for a fact that taxes -- and the things they fund -- are the only relevant items consdiered by most politicians when they govern.  Or rich donors of both parties.  (There are a few folks on the fringe of both parties who act based on social issues or foreign policy, but ~90% of politicians and rich folks only care about taxes.)  Since that's the case, I have to think about these issues first and foremost, yes.  Other voters should also.

I tend to think about what taxes will fund.  I would like to be taxed more and have better social services.  Also, it's not fair that the rich get all the tax breaks.  Why do I get full social security when I retire, but I stop being taxed for it after my income for the year goes above a certain level?  That's a load of crap.