Author Topic: Say something controversial  (Read 95462 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Say something controversial
« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2014, 11:21:10 PM »
Most Republicans are Republicans simply because they are selfish assholes that want to pay less taxes. They don't give two shits about abortion, Unions, Healthcare, Trickle Down Economics, Limited Govt, Liberating Foreigners from oppressive Dictators, Immigration, Strong Defense, Border Security, Debt Ceiling, Personal Liberty, et all but pretend they do for the sake of looking like they have more than, "I don't want to pay more taxes," for justifying their vote.

:gocho:
On the other hand, they're tired of supporting a bunch of deadbeats who serve nothing to society and disagree w/ ppl who want to milk off the teet of the hard working, while they blaze up watching South Park on cable, that they can't afford themselves without the ppls tax paying dollars. :gocho:

Offline Matt Siebrant's Left Hand

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2014, 11:32:14 PM »
Most Republicans are Republicans simply because they are selfish assholes that want to pay less taxes. They don't give two shits about abortion, Unions, Healthcare, Trickle Down Economics, Limited Govt, Liberating Foreigners from oppressive Dictators, Immigration, Strong Defense, Border Security, Debt Ceiling, Personal Liberty, et all but pretend they do for the sake of looking like they have more than, "I don't want to pay more taxes," for justifying their vote.

On the other hand, they're tired of supporting a bunch of deadbeats who serve nothing to society and disagree w/ ppl who want to milk off the teet of the hard working, while they blaze up watching South Park on cable, that they can't afford themselves without the ppls tax paying dollars. :gocho:

Anyone have a clothes hanger handy to abort this conversation?

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 21, 2014, 11:33:37 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2014, 11:34:48 PM »

Anyone have a clothes hanger handy to abort this conversation?
:lol:

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2014, 11:35:25 PM »

Yeah,  that's what I said above

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2014, 11:43:25 PM »

I'll go the other way on you.  Most republicans actually believe they give two shits about that stuff because they want to feel like they are a part of something.  If you want to feel good about yourself because you think you're better than others, being a 'pub is right in your wheel house.  They don't actually want to pay lower taxes (they already pay a relativly small amount), they just use that to rail against the lazy.  The ones who actually want to pay less in taxes are a small portion of 'pubs and don't really give a crap about the other stuff.  Most of them care less about the actual amount of taxes they pay and care more that they think a portion of it is being wasted on stupid crap.  A lot of them would be a lot closer to Adam Carolla than your average 'pub.  You're lumping two groups into one because they are one party.  The two groups within the one party are very different.  The "rich" group just latch onto the modern 'pubs because they are closer to them then the Dems.  Most of the rich, non-politician 'pubs never say a word about the other stuff.  The ones that do do it more for the admiration of the first group rather than justifying their vote.

Also, there being two groups within the party and the party trying to be everything to each group is why the party sucks at elections.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:46:50 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2014, 11:54:42 PM »

If you don't want to pay less taxes, then you are a rough ridin' idiot.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2014, 01:22:42 AM »
Chappie?  He sucks.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2014, 01:44:21 AM »

Seriously, who the eff wants to pay more taxes?!?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2014, 08:19:34 AM »

Seriously, who the eff wants to pay more taxes?!?

Depends upon what kind of tax it is. Those .5% sales tax increases for special city projects have never bothered me that much.  :dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2014, 09:05:15 AM »
It seems like Republicans favor the rich because they favor people with good business sense.  People with initiative who go out and earn their fortunes tend to be republicans because they like people who also have initiative to go out and earn fortunes.

I know this guy who's a self made millionaire.  He freely admits that before he was rich he was a pot smoking Dem voting hippie.  But now that he's rich eff the hippies.  Those are pretty much his words. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2014, 09:08:10 AM »
1% earnings tax for performing work in a city that you don't live in and therefore have no ability to participate in the political reform of, on top of the standard sales tax, is basically Revolution type stuff.

KCMO is basically the Red Coats.

I brought this up to a City Councilman once and his response was: "you have every right to move here".   Like anyone would be interested in that.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 22, 2014, 09:09:47 AM »
I will use the streetcar.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2014, 09:34:40 AM »
taxes don't bother me.

edit: I'm not gE'ing.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:38:53 AM by Metalhead »

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2014, 09:46:28 AM »
if you vaccinate yourself or your children, you are a monster and you should die in a fire.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2014, 09:52:00 AM »
if you vaccinate yourself or your children, you are a monster and you should die in a fire.

Exactly. I hate the way vaccinators push their lifestyle onto everyone.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2014, 09:57:59 AM »

Exactly. I hate the way vaccinators push their lifestyle onto everyone.

Totally agree. Polio? Yeah, the 1950's called, they want their old-timey mad men disease back. Mumps? Has there ever been a less threatening sounding thing? I'll take my chances with "mumps", Dr. Scare Tactics.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2014, 09:58:32 AM »
I will use the streetcar.
I will use my legs.  :gocho:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
Last time I checked "The Greatest Generation" aka my awesome grandparents didn't even complain about being shipped off to war in jungles and extremely cold european places they'd never heard of, much less fake sounding diseases with funny names.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2014, 10:09:50 AM »
RE:  vaccinations

Trim 3:16 applies here

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 22, 2014, 10:34:29 AM »
RE:  vaccinations

Trim 3:16 applies here

It's pretty irresponsible.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2014, 10:40:23 AM »
Sometimes I want to physically harm one of my coworkers. She's a chick, so I think that's where the controversy lies.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2014, 10:43:30 AM »
Sometimes I want to physically harm one of my coworkers. She's a chick, so I think that's where the controversy lies.

Are you saying you naturally want to harm chicks?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2014, 10:47:12 AM »

Are you saying you naturally want to harm chicks?
Not at all. I knew it would spin this way. Sometimes, when she talks in her high squeaky voice and steals students from me, I can mentally picture me punching her botox face. That's all. I'd never act on it.