Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 40895 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes
« Reply #475 on: April 04, 2022, 03:00:33 PM »
Getting $5700 back. That was unexpected.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 14, 2023, 12:50:42 PM »
I did not enjoy filing my taxes this year.

@mikec2w

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 14, 2023, 12:57:10 PM »
Big rebate this year for the EV tax credit. Also getting an unexpected 30% rebate on the home charger and electrician install bill was nice. I thought that this program had expired, but no! Should get another nice chunk back next year on the additional solar panels we will have installed in the fall.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2023, 11:49:24 AM »
That green/solar items are nice until you end up selling your home.  No one will want to pay for that stuff, so it will be a tuff decision when the time comes.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 06, 2023, 03:08:03 PM »
I did not enjoy filing my taxes this year.

ugh, same.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: April 07, 2023, 08:53:36 AM »
The federal government will be collecting $0.00 worth of income tax from my household this year.

I want to flash my crotch, Braveheart style, to uncle Sam. Flash McCrotch, hmmm there's a little je ne sais quoi with that name I do believe.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 13, 2023, 03:48:14 PM »
any accountants or IRS workers here? I'm about to lose my crap. I'm trying to file an extension for a deceased person that I have no tax info on. I'm working on getting that info, but it def isn't coming by the deadline so I just need to file an extension. I've spent all afternoon and multiple calls with the IRS and I can't get anywhere. All of the extension forms require info that I just don't have right now. I'm trying to do the right thing here, but it seems impossible. Any tips?

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 13, 2023, 03:51:41 PM »
any accountants or IRS workers here? I'm about to lose my crap. I'm trying to file an extension for a deceased person that I have no tax info on. I'm working on getting that info, but it def isn't coming by the deadline so I just need to file an extension. I've spent all afternoon and multiple calls with the IRS and I can't get anywhere. All of the extension forms require info that I just don't have right now. I'm trying to do the right thing here, but it seems impossible. Any tips?
This is probably really bad advice, but eff paying taxes for someone who has passed. Like, just don't and see what happens.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 13, 2023, 03:53:34 PM »
This is probably really bad advice, but eff paying taxes for someone who has passed. Like, just don't and see what happens.

You're right, that probably is really bad advice, if the estate is of any appreciable size.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 13, 2023, 03:57:51 PM »

This is probably what is going to happen at least for a while. I've talked to 2 different people at the IRS and they either have no idea what to do or they tell me to do something impossible. It enraging.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 13, 2023, 04:14:34 PM »
Try calling the state department of revenue. Their answers probably will apply to your federal forms.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 13, 2023, 04:18:33 PM »
Do you normally do your own taxes?

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 13, 2023, 10:16:37 PM »

You're right, that probably is really bad advice, if the estate is of any appreciable size.
You can't put unknown qualifiers in there and say it's bad advice. I say of they want to jail that corpse in debtors prison after the estate has all been sold off and laundered, that's up to them.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 13, 2023, 10:17:46 PM »
If laundering is out of your wheel house. Just spend the money on something highly depreciable, like coke.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 13, 2023, 10:20:08 PM »
Because that vanishes.... Less like a fart in the wind than a balloon in a forest fire

Smash that subscribe button for more tax advice

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 13, 2023, 10:32:15 PM »
I would not subscribe to KITN's tax advice. Sorry, bud.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 13, 2023, 10:39:57 PM »
I would not subscribe to KITN's tax advice. Sorry, bud.
But you subscribed to the SD crypto strategy, interesting.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 13, 2023, 10:41:50 PM »
Steve Dave is a very good poster though
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #493 on: April 14, 2023, 04:42:09 AM »
Yes. Tax software does all the heavy lifting.

Have you ever watched an accountant do taxes? It's just fancier software.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 14, 2023, 08:10:04 AM »

You can't put unknown qualifiers in there and say it's bad advice. I say of they want to jail that corpse in debtors prison after the estate has all been sold off and laundered, that's up to them.
I assumed the reason he wanted to file income taxes for the dead guy is because he’s hoping to get money FROM the government.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 14, 2023, 09:03:13 AM »

I assumed the reason he wanted to file income taxes for the dead guy is because he’s hoping to get money FROM the government.

Nope, I'm the administrator for the estate. I have no knowledge of anything as of yet so I'm trying to get an extension until I get the info I need to file 2022 taxes. In order to get an extension, you need info and every person I talk to tells me to do something that is impossible so i've just given up and will file the taxes whenever I can. Get a will guys.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 14, 2023, 09:05:21 AM »

Nope, I'm the administrator for the estate. I have no knowledge of anything as of yet so I'm trying to get an extension until I get the info I need to file 2022 taxes. In order to get an extension, you need info and every person I talk to tells me to do something that is impossible so i've just given up and will file the taxes whenever I can. Get a will guys.

How are you the administrator of the estate if there wasn’t a will?  Has it already gone through probate?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 14, 2023, 09:08:28 AM »
Yes. Tax software does all the heavy lifting.

Have you ever watched an accountant do taxes? It's just fancier software.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

sorry this was directed at Stupid Fitz

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 14, 2023, 09:26:11 AM »

How are you the administrator of the estate if there wasn’t a will?  Has it already gone through probate?

yes. If he had a will, I would be the executor of the estate and that would have been a eff load easier. Since he didn't, I had to go through the probate court to become the administrator. Also, I know its the correct term here, but calling this an "estate" is generous.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 14, 2023, 09:34:48 AM »
Let me check with a guy (my mom) and I’ll IM you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk