Author Topic: The Kansas Supreme Court is legislating today  (Read 8136 times)

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: The Kansas Supreme Court is legislating today
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2014, 11:20:19 AM »
But the silver lining of this ruling for conservtives is that it now appears at least a little more likely that the courts are not going to order a massive hike in education spending.

congrats conservatives

Throwing money at education has been proven ineffective. A moderate like yourself should know this. The more money earmarked for education, the lower our world standing in education.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »
This one is probably easier to read for libs:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »
But the silver lining of this ruling for conservtives is that it now appears at least a little more likely that the courts are not going to order a massive hike in education spending.

congrats conservatives

Throwing money at education has been proven ineffective. A moderate like yourself should know this. The more money earmarked for education, the lower our world standing in education.

That is pretty meaningless unless you subtract spending that goes to athletics from the US figure, though.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/10/the-case-against-high-school-sports/309447/

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2014, 01:43:03 PM »
This one is probably easier to read for libs:

But the first chart was much prettier.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2014, 01:45:56 PM »
What did George Bush do when he was in office to increase federal funding on education by that extent? It has to be more than just NCLB, doesn't it?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2014, 02:22:26 PM »
What did George Bush do when he was in office to increase federal funding on education by that extent? It has to be more than just NCLB, doesn't it?

SEC. 1002. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.

(a) LOCAL EDUCATIONAL AGENCY GRANTS- For the purpose of carrying out part A, there are authorized to be appropriated —

(1) $13,500,000,000 for fiscal year 2002;

(2) $16,000,000,000 for fiscal year 2003;

(3) $18,500,000,000 for fiscal year 2004;

(4) $20,500,000,000 for fiscal year 2005;

(5) $22,750,000,000 for fiscal year 2006; and

(6) $25,000,000,000 for fiscal year 2007.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »

Not sure, but it evidently didn't do crap. I wonder if they're including all the money we spent building schools in Iraq and Afghanistan? :dunno:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:59 PM »

Not sure, but it evidently didn't do crap. I wonder if they're including all the money we spent building schools in Iraq and Afghanistan? :dunno:

I know Obama spends a ton of money on breakfast and lunch and we call that education spending. Maybe Bush started that? Either way, it's a joke that it gets considered as education funding, rather than welfare.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2014, 03:00:23 PM »

I know Obama spends a ton of money on breakfast and lunch and we call that education spending. Maybe Bush started that? Either way, it's a joke that it gets considered as education funding, rather than welfare.

Agreed. Sadly, the free lunches being doled out at the schools is probably the best and/or only meal for millions of kids in this country each day.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2014, 03:34:13 PM »

Agreed. Sadly, the free lunches being doled out at the schools is probably the best and/or only meal for millions of kids in this country each day.

Yeah. I'm not saying that they absolutely need to go away. We probably shouldn't include them in charts that show that we are spending ridiculous amounts of money on education and getting no benefit in the form of test scores, though. I don't like bundling spending on athletics into overall education spending, either. It would be nice if there were a source out there that broke down education spending on separate items like labs, salaries, after school programs, etc. so that the public could actually make informed decisions on what works and what doesn't. Of course our overall education spending is going to look completely ineffective compared to the rest of the world when we include things like meals and football stadiums in our spending per pupil and the rest of the world does not.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2014, 04:32:02 PM »
good to see these liberals running the state finally getting what they deserve.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2014, 01:14:46 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear about the evil liberal justices legislating from the bench. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting