Author Topic: Responsible gun owner protects personal property  (Read 120661 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #1125 on: May 08, 2020, 01:13:29 PM »
Has anybody posted or read this yet? It's the second prosecutor's explanation for why he didn't think the McMichaels should be charged. It's  :sdeek:

wow he says Arbery may have actually fired the weapon himself. this is after leading off with "the mom thinks I'm biased, not sure why"

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 08, 2020, 01:14:53 PM »
Also my guy Dan Carlin is absolutely destroying people on Twitter about rushing to defend these murderers
Dan's explanation of the Rodney King event/response was a significant point in my intellectual progression.

I'm not familiar with it, is it audio or written?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 08, 2020, 01:47:16 PM »
HO-LEEEE crap at that absurd report that waks just posted. Texags is gonna be all over that one. Btw I spent a few minutes last night on just the first two pages of their 20+ page thread and let me just say I can't recommend it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 08, 2020, 01:53:34 PM »
https://www.bet.com/news/national/2020/05/07/trump-s-response-to-arbery-shooting.html

On a second look I do think Trump's statements are pretty measured, which they should be. Interesting juxtaposition to Biden. I do think it's terrible that when black people (and other people) are killed (especially) by cops a lot of people (me included) initially wonder "what was the black dude doing."

Uh, that's exactly what trump did and his response is in line with exactly other statements he's made of this nature, real both sides have good people type crap. I don't know what you guys expected him to say that he gets even a sliver of credit for leading his statement with essentially "well he probably did something, what else would cause those men to do that."

I'm trying to formulate what i think would be the perfect response from Trump or any politician type, but I think I'd rather hear it from you, cuz you prob have better perspective.

Honestly I'd be fine with a terse answer. While I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, I think Trump and Biden's opinions come with broader consequences. They should only offer an opinion if asked, and when they do it should be something to the effect of "my heart goes out to the family of Ahmaud Arbury, his life was cut far too short..." trump could/should add at the end, "the department of justice will be available to assist if called upon." Biden could just finish with something to the effect of "I trust the investigation into his death will be handled properly and justice will be doled out if the investigation deems it necessary."

Both Biden and Trump have dubious records on gun violence and social justice, so their words amount to clout chasing and they don't mean anything to me.

Remember when white people lost their rough ridin' minds when Obama said the Cambridge police acted stupidly for arresting Henry Louis Gates for "breaking into" his own house? LOL

Thanks man. I def feel like Biden's crap is clout chasing. It reminded me of the dem debates when all the candidates were one-upping each other about how much black people liked them. it was really weird and phony AF. Trump's comments are always weird to me. It's almost like he knows what's up, but he doesn't want to piss off the MAGAs by being anti cop.

Edit: I kinda remember the Gates uproar. I imagine it was mostly just partisan con/lib stuff, but def a lot of the conservatives all pissed off were racially motivated as well.

I don't see Biden's comments as insincere, but of course that's open to everyone's individual interpretation. For Biden's many faults, empathy for others who have experienced personal tragedy isn't really one of them. In fact a lot of people (myself included) think his biggest strength is the person he turns into when he's listening to a family has experienced loss.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 08, 2020, 01:58:39 PM »
yeah, agree with skinnybenny on that

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 08, 2020, 02:02:40 PM »
Good news, to paraphrase my guy, former prosecutor and Congress Person Trey Gowdy:  The Grand Jury is (was) a farce, arrest (now arrested), charge (now charged), prosecute, the defendants can make their case in front of a jury of their peers in criminal court.

Pretty much what I said a few days ago.
Wait, is Trey Gowdy irl your guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course you hate him, SD

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 08, 2020, 02:04:51 PM »
Good news, to paraphrase my guy, former prosecutor and Congress Person Trey Gowdy:  The Grand Jury is (was) a farce, arrest (now arrested), charge (now charged), prosecute, the defendants can make their case in front of a jury of their peers in criminal court.

Pretty much what I said a few days ago.
Wait, is Trey Gowdy irl your guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irl guffaw when I read that. Totally on brand to be dax's guy lol

I feel the same way about every Twitter Rando you guys find and pretty much the entirety of Useful Idiot Nation "leadership" which is part and parcel to the most corrupt political party on the planet aka The DNC.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 08, 2020, 02:05:27 PM »
Lol, k

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 08, 2020, 04:28:33 PM »
I'm trying to formulate what i think would be the perfect response from Trump or any politician type.

biden hit the mark pretty perfectly.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 08, 2020, 06:00:27 PM »
I'm trying to formulate what i think would be the perfect response from Drumpf or any politician type.

biden hit the mark pretty perfectly.

He did, and I agree with the above that despite other faults, Biden is BITB at being empathetic to people who have experienced tragedy (after all he's had plenty of that in his personal life).

I do agree with Spracs though about commenting about a case from his position (I think about Nixon commenting on Marilyn Manson and Manson subsequently taking that headline literally into court) as it makes it murky, but eventually you do have to a) make a stand which I think many people wary of Biden think he's incapable/unwilling to do and b) the justice system has to be trusted to pick a jury that will provide these guys a fair trial. So I think Biden is fine doing what he did, as is Trump playing his both sides card. Right or wrong
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 08, 2020, 07:13:26 PM »
I think about Nixon commenting on Marilyn Manson and Manson subsequently taking that headline literally into court

:surprised:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 08, 2020, 08:49:00 PM »
I think about Nixon commenting on Marilyn Manson and Manson subsequently taking that headline literally into court

Lol I meant Charles Manson, that is a pretty hilarious mistype by me
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 08, 2020, 09:32:31 PM »
https://www.bet.com/news/national/2020/05/07/trump-s-response-to-arbery-shooting.html

On a second look I do think Trump's statements are pretty measured, which they should be. Interesting juxtaposition to Biden. I do think it's terrible that when black people (and other people) are killed (especially) by cops a lot of people (me included) initially wonder "what was the black dude doing."

Uh, that's exactly what trump did and his response is in line with exactly other statements he's made of this nature, real both sides have good people type crap. I don't know what you guys expected him to say that he gets even a sliver of credit for leading his statement with essentially "well he probably did something, what else would cause those men to do that."

I'm trying to formulate what i think would be the perfect response from Trump or any politician type, but I think I'd rather hear it from you, cuz you prob have better perspective.

Honestly I'd be fine with a terse answer. While I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, I think Trump and Biden's opinions come with broader consequences. They should only offer an opinion if asked, and when they do it should be something to the effect of "my heart goes out to the family of Ahmaud Arbury, his life was cut far too short..." trump could/should add at the end, "the department of justice will be available to assist if called upon." Biden could just finish with something to the effect of "I trust the investigation into his death will be handled properly and justice will be doled out if the investigation deems it necessary."

Both Biden and Trump have dubious records on gun violence and social justice, so their words amount to clout chasing and they don't mean anything to me.

Remember when white people lost their rough ridin' minds when Obama said the Cambridge police acted stupidly for arresting Henry Louis Gates for "breaking into" his own house? LOL

Thanks man. I def feel like Biden's crap is clout chasing. It reminded me of the dem debates when all the candidates were one-upping each other about how much black people liked them. it was really weird and phony AF. Trump's comments are always weird to me. It's almost like he knows what's up, but he doesn't want to piss off the MAGAs by being anti cop.

Edit: I kinda remember the Gates uproar. I imagine it was mostly just partisan con/lib stuff, but def a lot of the conservatives all pissed off were racially motivated as well.

I don't see Biden's comments as insincere, but of course that's open to everyone's individual interpretation. For Biden's many faults, empathy for others who have experienced personal tragedy isn't really one of them. In fact a lot of people (myself included) think his biggest strength is the person he turns into when he's listening to a family has experienced loss.

I was kind of all over the place there, let me clarify a bit. First, I completely agree with spracs, these guys shouldn't comment on local affairs unless asked.

Do I think that Biden saw that video and was disgusted and had the same visceral reaction most of us did, yes I do. However, I don't think he would or he has legislated to match his tweeted feelings on the matter, therefore his words don't mean dick to me. The Department of Justice has spent my entire lifetime taking a hands off approach in prosecuting potential civil rights violations, a Biden presidency would be no different.

If he does win the election (he won't) we'll definitely get to see if he truly means it, because there isn't a jury of 12 in this county that will find these guys guilty.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 08, 2020, 10:25:15 PM »

Especially considering I spent the last four hours trying to find this Nixon quote about Marilyn Manson.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 08, 2020, 10:28:22 PM »
Do we know for sure that tricky dick didn't absolutely rip the knob off for Beautiful People once in a while?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: May 08, 2020, 10:28:56 PM »

Especially considering I spent the last four hours trying to find this Nixon quote about Marilyn Manson.

I read that post then immediately Googled "when did nixon die". 1994. I thought, well, I guess it's possible, and left it at that.

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 08, 2020, 10:32:52 PM »

I read that post then immediately Googled "when did nixon die". 1994. I thought, well, I guess it's possible, and left it at that.
LOL, I wikipedia'd Marilyn Manson and saw that he was born in '69 and assumed he meant Charles.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 08, 2020, 10:39:15 PM »
Do we know for sure that tricky dick didn't absolutely rip the knob off for Beautiful People once in a while?

It's @Bqqkie_Pimp

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 08, 2020, 10:41:50 PM »

It's @Bqqkie_Pimp

Sorry, I don't go with the herd.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 21, 2020, 01:09:23 PM »
Active shooter situations in Arizona and Corpus Christi...signs we're getting back to normal in the Age of Covid?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 21, 2020, 01:37:26 PM »
It's probably all the stress from being asked to wear a mask a few minutes per day like some kind of sheeple that is wearing on these patriots.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 24, 2020, 02:15:26 PM »

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones