Author Topic: Responsible gun owner protects personal property  (Read 121099 times)

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #1400 on: March 03, 2023, 08:42:59 PM »

i'm honestly shocked that any pub would ever agree to sit down and have a one on one civil discussion with Jon Stewart. Like, he is going to bring facts and defend common sense logic with such cogency that i just don't know why they would even walk in to that snake pit. Best case scenario, they come out looking like a doofus.

Like i have to believe that with a lot of these politicians they don't actually believe the crap they vote for, they just know that - if confronted about it - they'll be fine as long as they can either cut off the person asking the questions or pivot to a completely different topic w/ impunity, but JS is just waiting for that tactic and its kind of a thing of beauty.

Got Dayum that was surgical!

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 06, 2023, 08:38:05 AM »
That guy sat down to that interview because he thought he was smarter than Jon Stewart and was going to own him.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 06, 2023, 08:53:51 AM »
That guy is term limited. He’s ran for higher office 3 times & never really had a chance. In 2 years his political career is over. It was a Hail Mary to try to kick-start something for the next phase, i.e. a Newsmax show. He showed why he keeps losing primaries for higher office.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 06, 2023, 09:41:28 AM »
In an interview about his interview:

GELFAND: “Do you believe that the Constitution is a living document, or do you think that it’s static?”

DAHM: “I do not believe that it is a living document.”

GELFAND: “If you do not believe that the Constitution is a living document, do you believe that the Bill of Rights should have been added to it in the first place?”

DAHM: “Oh, well, yes, the Constitution can always be amended. It has been amended over 20 times, including the Bill of Rights, so that is a possibility. But that’s not making it a living document just because it has been amended.”

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 06, 2023, 09:57:45 AM »
The problem is that in Oklahoma (and I'm sure Kansas) is that the "next guy up" is equally or more dumb as this guy, and he will get elected because R

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 06, 2023, 10:04:33 AM »
That guy is term limited. He’s ran for higher office 3 times & never really had a chance. In 2 years his political career is over. It was a Hail Mary to try to kick-start something for the next phase, i.e. a Newsmax show. He showed why he keeps losing primaries for higher office.

yeah there's a reason Stewart had to interview an Oklahoma State Senator to begin with. No serious politician will agree to a conversation like that.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 06, 2023, 10:09:20 AM »

yeah there's a reason Stewart had to interview an Oklahoma State Senator to begin with. No serious politician will agree to a conversation like that.

do you think that a more serious republican politician would have a more salient counter-argument to Jon Stewart?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 06, 2023, 10:33:52 AM »
Dahm has gone on a dax-level string of tweets since the interview came out, and you guessed it.....EDITING!

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 06, 2023, 10:51:11 AM »
IMO this is the correct play by Dahm. Claim that the interview was edited to make him look stupid. It isn't even a lie, because a) rarely would a show with as much high production value just post the raw footage so yes, some editing has been done (Choosing when to cut from one camera to the other, for example), and b) Dahm looked like a total doofus. both a) and b) are true, and he can insinuate that b) is only true because of a). He will never have a recorded one on one conversation with Jon Stewart ever again, and he will "trust the process" and that process is "if confronted, drown out the person asking the question, pivot, deflect, and know that the general public will move on to something else soon enough"

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: March 06, 2023, 12:13:37 PM »
Being owned by the libs and denying it despite video proof is just the latest way that MAGAs are owning the libs.

And it works. I hope he’s ready for all the money and pillow sponsorships about to roll in.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 13, 2023, 09:43:10 AM »
Too lazy to look but this has probably been discussed elsewhere on the board. 

Guy takes a gun to a BLM protest and confronts a rifle-toting protester.
Guy claims that he was afraid he would be shot by the protester he had gone out of his way to confront and kills him.
Jury convicts guy for killing protester with rifle.
Now Law and Order guy Abbott is working to get the guy pardoned.

https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/status/1646517378505936904?s=20

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 13, 2023, 10:36:14 AM »

Guy claims that he was afraid he would be shot by the protester he had gone out of his way to confront and kills him.

I think it's worth noting that he issues a statement on the pardon right after Tucker Carlson tells him to.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 13, 2023, 11:19:22 AM »

I think it's worth noting that he issues a statement on the pardon right after Tucker Carlson tells him to.
The politicians used to think they could use Fox News as a tool. Now the infotainers are calling out the dance steps for the politicians.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 13, 2023, 04:15:41 PM »

The politicians used to think they could use Fox News as a tool. Now the infotainers are calling out the dance steps for the politicians.
I don't think greg is getting his talking points from anyone over at fox news. he is just authentically that big of a piece of crap.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 13, 2023, 04:19:35 PM »
It was brought up in the Greg Abbott thread.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 13, 2023, 04:35:23 PM »
Amazing, I saw a few ags threads right after the verdict saying Abbott should pardon him but I never thought he'd actually do it. That's some grade a tough on crimin'
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 13, 2023, 07:16:29 PM »

i'm honestly shocked that any pub would ever agree to sit down and have a one on one civil discussion with Jon Stewart. Like, he is going to bring facts and defend common sense logic with such cogency that i just don't know why they would even walk in to that snake pit. Best case scenario, they come out looking like a doofus.

Like i have to believe that with a lot of these politicians they don't actually believe the crap they vote for, they just know that - if confronted about it - they'll be fine as long as they can either cut off the person asking the questions or pivot to a completely different topic w/ impunity, but JS is just waiting for that tactic and its kind of a thing of beauty.

Got Dayum that was surgical!
Like Mike Lindell in the stuffed animal machine.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 17, 2023, 09:34:31 AM »
Welp.
:adios:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 17, 2023, 09:42:12 AM »
Amazing, I saw a few ags threads right after the verdict saying Abbott should pardon him but I never thought he'd actually do it. That's some grade a tough on crimin'

To be fair to No Leg Greg, he hasn't pardoned him yet.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 19, 2023, 08:53:44 AM »

To be fair to No Leg Greg, he hasn't pardoned him yet.

Greg has legs. He's just too lazy to use them.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 19, 2023, 11:42:35 AM »
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1648656571696656385?s=46&t=odWzhuZU7P443NcVwlC1iQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rough ridin' disgusting. This is why limiting this discussing to banning AR-15s is a joke. How many are people getting shot like this every day that we don't even hear about?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 19, 2023, 12:57:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1648656571696656385?s=46&t=odWzhuZU7P443NcVwlC1iQ

rough ridin' disgusting. This is why limiting this discussing to banning AR-15s is a joke. How many are people getting shot like this every day that we don't even hear about?

The stats are kind of vague but it’s roughly

45k total
25 suicide
20k non suicide

The 20k non suicide includes accidental death and police involved deaths (call it 1k)

Everything else in the non suicide bucket is labeled homicide, mass shooting deaths in 2022 was around 1k I think.

So 18k or so people are dying from non mass shooting homicides.

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 19, 2023, 01:22:42 PM »

The stats are kind of vague but it’s roughly

45k total
25 suicide
20k non suicide

The 20k non suicide includes accidental death and police involved deaths (call it 1k)

Everything else in the non suicide bucket is labeled homicide, mass shooting deaths in 2022 was around 1k I think.

So 18k or so people are dying from non mass shooting homicides.

And the people who don't die, the ones like Payton Washington and Ralph Yarl, whose lives are forever changed, don't even count in those stats. There's literally thousands more.