Author Topic: Responsible gun owner protects personal property  (Read 120564 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #1375 on: August 28, 2022, 06:30:49 PM »
pretty surprised no one died.

yeah.

Similar thing happened in Des Moines a couple of years ago. The state hired a company to break into county courthouses. They got caught and then the state screwed the guys over, badly. There are some circumstances in which these guys would have been shot, on sight. The story is pretty wild. Two Americas.

https://www.wired.com/story/inside-courthouse-break-in-spree-that-landed-two-white-hat-hackers-in-jail/

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 29, 2022, 08:43:12 AM »
That one probably belongs in the amazing animals thread.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 29, 2022, 02:38:00 PM »
Kansans more likely to due by gun than IL, NY, CA, TX citizens. Interesting, if true:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 29, 2022, 02:41:27 PM »
how is "10+" different than ">10"

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: November 29, 2022, 02:46:45 PM »
how is "10+" different than ">10"
Hmmm... Maybe it should read  <10?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: November 29, 2022, 02:48:10 PM »
Here is the 2020 data from the CDC in table form:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: November 29, 2022, 02:52:03 PM »
The only thing remotely surprising about that map is Texas being as low as it is.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: November 29, 2022, 03:10:30 PM »
i wonder if that includes people who were shot and killed by police

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 29, 2022, 03:17:19 PM »
Colorado also has a star indicating its one of the 10 states with the least amount of gun deaths, but it's colored orange. So something is wrong with the map.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 29, 2022, 03:34:11 PM »
Colorado also has a star indicating its one of the 10 states with the least amount of gun deaths, but it's colored orange. So something is wrong with the map.

the 10 starred states are the states with the strictest gun laws.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 12, 2023, 11:53:30 AM »
Number of children dead: who can even count as this point?
Number of Rights infringed upon: MOTHER-EFFING ZERO

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 13, 2023, 03:39:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1624457576539717633?s=20&t=2f-IwCWS0NIAPCE28KKOXg

So what the eff are the presenting to the prosecutor?
I’m sure there’s still criminal negligence or child endangerment stuff in play. Lots of things aren’t regulated to own but you can still face charges for letting kids have easy access to it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 13, 2023, 05:08:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1624457576539717633?s=20&t=2f-IwCWS0NIAPCE28KKOXg

So what the eff are the presenting to the prosecutor?
I’m sure there’s still criminal negligence or child endangerment stuff in play. Lots of things aren’t regulated to own but you can still face charges for letting kids have easy access to it.

If you don't mandate gun safety and allow open carry, stands to reason you're going to have a lot more accidental deaths. This is the government having their cake and eating it too. Does the government charge parents when kids accidentally harm or kill themselves with other things stripped of regulation? Kitchen knives, button batteries, cleaning chemicals, kids toys, furniture, tools?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 13, 2023, 06:31:42 PM »
I mean it’s always going to be circumstantial but I’d hope that in any of those cases the prosecutor at least looks into it when the child dies as a result.

Obviously for all the things you listed there are plenty of legitimate reasons for them to be easily accessible in the house, whereas there really isn’t a good reason to have a gun out in the open.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 14, 2023, 12:28:56 AM »
Obviously for all the things you listed there are plenty of legitimate reasons for them to be easily accessible in the house, whereas there really isn’t a good reason to have a gun out in the open.

Sure, that's your opinion, but the trend in abolition of gun laws says otherwise. Gotta have that gat out to always be ready for bad guys, or a sudden sounder of wild hogs.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 03, 2023, 10:18:29 AM »
https://youtu.be/tCuIxIJBfCY

i'm honestly shocked that any pub would ever agree to sit down and have a one on one civil discussion with Jon Stewart. Like, he is going to bring facts and defend common sense logic with such cogency that i just don't know why they would even walk in to that snake pit. Best case scenario, they come out looking like a doofus.

Like i have to believe that with a lot of these politicians they don't actually believe the crap they vote for, they just know that - if confronted about it - they'll be fine as long as they can either cut off the person asking the questions or pivot to a completely different topic w/ impunity, but JS is just waiting for that tactic and its kind of a thing of beauty.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 03, 2023, 10:23:55 AM »

i'm honestly shocked that any pub would ever agree to sit down and have a one on one civil discussion with Jon Stewart. Like, he is going to bring facts and defend common sense logic with such cogency that i just don't know why they would even walk in to that snake pit. Best case scenario, they come out looking like a doofus.

Like i have to believe that with a lot of these politicians they don't actually believe the crap they vote for, they just know that - if confronted about it - they'll be fine as long as they can either cut off the person asking the questions or pivot to a completely different topic w/ impunity, but JS is just waiting for that tactic and its kind of a thing of beauty.

Yes, this was amazing!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: March 03, 2023, 11:01:12 AM »

:horrorsurprise: holy crap, that dude got cooked

The frustrating thing about it though, is that it won't make a thimbles worth of difference

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 03, 2023, 11:07:58 AM »
^yep. this kind of stuff won't make a dent. which is sad. I hope someone like dax would watch that clip and provide his honest reaction, as i assume based on his posting style that his mind is already made up despite mounds of evidence to the contrary, but i just want to hear him explain all the reasons why JS is wrong.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 03, 2023, 11:15:01 AM »

The frustrating thing about it though, is that it won't make a thimbles worth of difference

Both of these observations are dead on

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 03, 2023, 05:35:02 PM »
Lol’d at this when the guy was saying “government has a responsibility to protect…”

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 03, 2023, 06:28:10 PM »

Both of these observations are dead on

Absolutely
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla