Author Topic: Officiating  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Officiating
« on: January 04, 2014, 05:25:41 PM »
 :sdeek:

wtf?  Worst ever?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Officiating
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 05:27:02 PM »
Like, I've never screamed "what!!!" at the TV that much during a ball game ever.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 06:21:32 PM »
Did we watch a different game? Are you referring to the K-State vs Oklahoma State game played in Bramlage on January 4, 2014?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 06:32:26 PM »
ive seen worse. 

def a few wtf calls tho

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 06:33:20 PM »
The officiating is always fine.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 06:37:44 PM »
The officiating is always fine.

normally.  not always.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 06:43:46 PM »
There was one on forte w/no replay that everyone said was bad and nino got fouled hard with no call. Can't really remember many others. Was fine I thought.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 07:00:01 PM »
It was an embarrassment to basketball, which is why college basketball is such a joke.

However, goE faux pas, so carry on with your usual boring bullshit

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 07:05:44 PM »
The inconsistencies are maddening. 

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 07:14:30 PM »
The inconsistencies are maddening.

It really is.. it was very inconsistent on both sides though.  I truly believe refs just shoot to keep the number of calls even.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »
It was an embarrassment to basketball, which is why college basketball is such a joke.

Why watch?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 07:34:11 PM »

Why watch?

Works for you

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 03:10:39 AM »

However, goE faux pas, so carry on with your usual boring bullshit

no idea what this is. watching games w/you must be brutal.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 03:21:47 AM »
It was equally bad both ways, which is why overall b-ball officiating is pretty much a joke.

The only instance where I thought it was particularly bad against K-State was when it appeared that Nino was going up for a lay-up and got hammered by Smart I believe and no call.   

It also appeared that the "point of emphasis" stuff was pretty arbitrary yesterday.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 09:50:46 AM »
It was equally bad both ways, which is why overall b-ball officiating is pretty much a joke.

The only instance where I thought it was particularly bad against K-State was when it appeared that Nino was going up for a lay-up and got hammered by Smart I believe and no call.   

It also appeared that the "point of emphasis" stuff was pretty arbitrary yesterday.

What about late in the game when Wesley turned the ball over for stepping on the baseline? The replay on the video boards clearly showed two inches of space between Wesley's foot and the out of bounds line. That was a key "turnover" at an important point in the game.

What about when Forte was driving for a break away layup and one of our guys popped the ball free. The officials not only called a foul, they actually went to the monitors to see if there was anything intentional. Their review took a grand total of seven seconds because it clearly showed there was no foul at all, much less a hard/intentional foul.

There were numerous other examples of calls (that went both ways) that were blatantly BAD. Not just head scratchers or judgement calls that I thought should have gone the other way... they made calls that were just mind-bogglingly wrong. I was embarrassed for that crew. I have a feeling that they will receive a reprimand from the league for not just doing a poor job, but for literally making up calls. It won't be made public because those kinds of things never are unless they directly impact the outcome of games (see ISU/KU), but it will happen. I also imagine oscar and Ford will each put together some LENGTHY videos of blown calls and send them to the league office. 

to;dnr
The officiating was horrendous. Fortunately it didn't cost us the game.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 10:08:55 AM »

What about late in the game when Wesley turned the ball over for stepping on the baseline? The replay on the video boards clearly showed two inches of space between Wesley's foot and the out of bounds line. That was a key "turnover" at an important point in the game.

What about when Forte was driving for a break away layup and one of our guys popped the ball free. The officials not only called a foul, they actually went to the monitors to see if there was anything intentional. Their review took a grand total of seven seconds because it clearly showed there was no foul at all, much less a hard/intentional foul.

There were numerous other examples of calls (that went both ways) that were blatantly BAD. Not just head scratchers or judgement calls that I thought should have gone the other way... they made calls that were just mind-bogglingly wrong. I was embarrassed for that crew. I have a feeling that they will receive a reprimand from the league for not just doing a poor job, but for literally making up calls. It won't be made public because those kinds of things never are unless they directly impact the outcome of games (see ISU/KU), but it will happen. I also imagine oscar and Ford will each put together some LENGTHY videos of blown calls and send them to the league office. 

to;dnr
The officiating was horrendous. Fortunately it didn't cost us the game.

I was at the game and just watched the replay via dvr. It is surprising how much you can miss at the game vs TV. It goes both ways. Gipson clearly baited Nash by stopping in the lane and putting his shoulder into Nash as he was setting up in the lane .This occurred right before the Smart "flop" where Smart was called for the wrist foul on Gip before Gip clearly elbowed him out to Jack Hartman drive, thus both were guilty . I was livid too in the crowd on forte's breakaway layup. However, Gip bodied him good , and the right call.  The Westicles OB call is mind boggling. Clearly not out.

Watch the lane from the crowd. With all the screens and pushing, there could be a foul on every possession. Most players know that they can commit 10 fouls a game, and only get caught for 3 or 4.

"He's in Shape !"

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 06:33:40 PM »
Its nice to know there are a few non-goEtards capable of criticizing an embarrassing crew of walking wet flopknob refs

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 08:12:51 PM »
Most players know that they can commit 10 fouls a game, and only get caught for 3 or 4.
Unless you wore #1 Saturday.  Pretty clear they didn't want Shane to participate in the contest.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 02:12:24 PM »
My gawd  :sdeek:

Did UT's bonus carry over from the first half? They shot 2 on 3 floor fouls to start the 2nd half.

Other than that, completely lopsided effort.  Like they have $$ on UT.  Woof

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »
The enforcement of travelling has been mind boggling. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »
Please don't dork up this blog with officiating threads.