Author Topic: KU's new basketball dormitory facility  (Read 51972 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU's new basketball dormitory facility
« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2014, 11:06:30 AM »
None of K-State's recent facilities projects have translated into getting top recruits or winning national titles.  K-State is just trying to keep pace with the rest of the programs in the league.  Meanwhile, KU is setting a standard of excellence in college basketball and competing for the best players in the country.  That's the main difference.
and this is why we laugh at you.  have fun while Dax measures you up for your next clown suit.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »
ku athletics was so desperate to build a basketball dorm that it doesn't really need, that they were willing to try and get another department at ku to go into debt so they could build it.   

Plus, there's no doubt if a couple of EMAW elite boosters (like the one that's about to hand over a huge check to K-State) stood up and said that they'd like K-State to have a penis envy basketball dorm (even though there's a $100 million dollar apartment complex right next door to the $20 million dollar basketball training facility which is just 200 yards away from the new gajillion dollar training table) that K-State would have a penis envy basketball dorm.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 27, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »
Beams, we just landed the top KS HS QB prospect of the last couple decades :dunno:

I think your BBS'n work had more to do with that than facilities did, Pete.  :love:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 27, 2014, 11:21:18 AM »
None of K-State's recent facilities projects have translated into getting top recruits or winning national titles.  K-State is just trying to keep pace with the rest of the programs in the league.  Meanwhile, KU is setting a standard of excellence in college basketball and competing for the best players in the country.  That's the main difference.
and this is why we laugh at you.  have fun while Dax measures you up for your next clown suit.

When you have to rely on another poster to make your arguments for you, you've already lost. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 27, 2014, 11:21:56 AM »
ku athletics was so desperate to build a basketball dorm that it doesn't really need, that they were willing to try and get another department at ku to go into debt so they could build it.   

Plus, there's no doubt if a couple of EMAW elite boosters (like the one that's about to hand over a huge check to K-State) stood up and said that they'd like K-State to have a penis envy basketball dorm (even though there's a $100 million dollar apartment complex right next door to the $20 million dollar basketball training facility which is just 200 yards away from the new gajillion dollar training table) that K-State would have a penis envy basketball dorm.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2014, 11:23:26 AM »
Psss, ku housing, yeah, hey, we really want a basketball dorm, so could you guys like borrow $9-$10 million so we can build it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2014, 11:25:04 AM »

When you have to rely on another poster to make your arguments for you, you've already lost.
Yeah no.  Plenty of people do well making fun of you.  Its just great that Dax makes you look so foolish with hard numbers you can't "talking point" around.  And just because I appreciate Dax and his knowledge doesn't mean I, or many others aren't capable of doing the same.  It means we're having fun laughing at the mental gymnastics you have to contort your brain to in order to justify your arrogance.   Dax lead on!
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 27, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »
So look, if we can get that non-profit organization, and the endowment fund, and the city, and that land developer to front us all the land and money, we'll sign a 50 year lease because otherwise we couldn't dream of being able to afford to do this. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2014, 11:32:39 AM »
So look, if we can get that non-profit organization, and the endowment fund, and the city, and that land developer to front us all the land and money, we'll sign a 50 year lease because otherwise we couldn't dream of being able to afford to do this.

Oh yeah but KSU will have to pay back their loans in CORN, AMIRITE GUYS! ZOMG hope there isn't a drought or you can't make your next payment!   :Carl: :lol::Carl: :lol::Carl: :lol::Carl: :lol::Carl: :lol::Carl: :lol::Carl: :lol::Carl: :lol::Carl: :lol::Carl: :lol:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2014, 11:34:42 AM »

Yeah no.  Plenty of people do well making fun of you.  Its just great that Dax makes you look so foolish with hard numbers you can't "talking point" around.  And just because I appreciate Dax and his knowledge doesn't mean I, or many others aren't capable of doing the same.  It means we're having fun laughing at the mental gymnastics you have to contort your brain to in order to justify your arrogance.   Dax lead on!

So you appreciate anti-KU propaganda, incorrect information, and letting another person fight your battles for you.  Sounds good.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 27, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »

Except it's a 30-year lease that's being privately financed.  KU didn't go into any debt building the Rock Chalk Sports Park, unlike K-State, who has over $83 million in long-term debt. 

:ROFL:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 27, 2014, 11:41:34 AM »
Total long-term debt for K-State athletics: 

$83,340,903.03

:ksu:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 27, 2014, 11:43:06 AM »
Total long-term debt for K-State athletics: 

$83,340,903.03

:ksu:

Wish it was higher.  Then we would have more cool stuff.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »

So you appreciate anti-KU propaganda, incorrect information, and letting another person fight your battles for you.  Sounds good.
2nd grade reading level much?  You did exactly as I predicted.  I asked you to specifically state where Dax was wrong, than I predicted you would resort to a talking point retort to duck answering the question....what do you know you're response.....(drum roll).......

Keep in mind I said titles too, wish over the last few years I think we've picked up a few in the Big 12.  Oh and we have received national titles so that talking point is still void. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 27, 2014, 11:50:23 AM »
So proud of K-State Athletics for taking on the full responsibility of building its athletic facilities rather than trying to get other departments on campus to go into debt.   Heck K-State athletics has to get annual Student Senate approval to get $500K in student fees, while ku students have to fork over a compulsory $2 plus million a year from a rigged student election 5 years ago every time they write a check for tuition.

We can probably just chalk (pardon the pun) this little unveiling into the same basket as the Gridiron Club, how embarrassing, two failed projects over at ku, remember when you were bragging about this one Beems?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2014, 11:52:06 AM »

2nd grade reading level much?  You did exactly as I predicted.  I asked you to specifically state where Dax was wrong, than I predicted you would resort to a talking point retort to duck answering the question....what do you know you're response.....(drum roll).......

Keep in mind I said titles too, wish over the last few years I think we've picked up a few in the Big 12.  Oh and we have received national titles so that talking point is still void.

There's a 100% likelihood you haven't read any of my posts in this thread beyond this page.  I specifically pointed out Dax's incorrect information multiple times over the course of this discussion.  Oh and no K-State has never won a national title in any team sport.  Sorry.  Try again.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2014, 11:53:53 AM »

There's a 100% likelihood you haven't read any of my posts in this thread beyond this page.

There is a 100% chance you're wrong. 

By the way you still haven't corrected anything.  Digging deeper.

wait I need to edit too!

And now with the extra astrix of TEAM sports.  I'll email Erik Kynard and be sure to pass along your message of his accomplishment meaning nothing, hes a FPTC and a terrible, non-American Hero.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2014, 11:57:01 AM »

There's a 100% likelihood you haven't read any of my posts in this thread beyond this page.

Dax thought the Anderson Family Strength Center was built in '04.  It was built in '02.  Plus he's wrong and/or manipulating rhetoric in regards to the Rock Chalk Sports Park.  It's a 30-year lease.  Also, the $17 million luxury dorm is being privately financed, and yet, Dax is saying that in a hypothetical alternate universe that KU was begging for money from other departments.  It's a bunch of anti-KU bullshit and you eat it up. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »

Dax thought the Anderson Family Strength Center was built in '04.  It was built in '02.  Plus he's wrong and/or manipulating rhetoric in regards to the Rock Chalk Sports Park.  It's a 30-year lease.  Also, the $17 million luxury dorm is being privately financed, and yet, Dax is saying that in a hypothetical alternate universe that KU was begging for money from other departments.  It's a bunch of anti-KU bullshit and you eat it up.

LOL, I was off by 2 years, in in the grand scheme of where college athletic facilities was going and had been in the late 90's and early 00's, an $8 million dollar project ($4 million borrowed) isn't that significant.   As I said, ku completed exactly 1 major athletic facilities project between 1955 and 2008. 

We've discussed the lease before, it is a 50 year lease, the first 30 years are set, the next 20 will be set at FMV.   

ku athletics technically can't build a dorm, it has to be done under some other departments management.   So if they're asking for bonding, it has to be bonded under the controlling department.   
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:05:43 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2014, 12:03:17 PM »
yeah Beems if your entire justification of Dax being wrong is built on a two year error..... :whistle1:  :thumbsup:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 27, 2014, 12:05:20 PM »
Pad's just butthurt that K-State will never approach ten straight Big 12 titles or anything close to the amount of excellence that KU has achieved in the past couple of decades with Roy and Bill.  K-State had to go $83+ million in long-term debt just to give its fanbase something to feel good about.  Sad. 

:rolleyes:

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2014, 12:05:57 PM »
As an observer who wants to hear all sides of this debate, it is technically one person's word against the other without hard facts.  Personally I feel like it is all skewed unless you have real connections withing the department handling it.  That all being said, I am pretty TSC in my heart and I love that both schools are bringing prestige to the national athletics stage.  It only bothers me that because KSU is younger in its "tradition richness" it should be looked down upon.  I don't hear fans in lawrence humbly admitting that their program is worthless compared to the longer storied basketball programs outside the state of Kansas.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 27, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »
As an observer who wants to hear all sides of this debate, it is technically one person's word against the other without hard facts.  Personally I feel like it is all skewed unless you have real connections withing the department handling it.  That all being said, I am pretty TSC in my heart and I love that both schools are bringing prestige to the national athletics stage.  It only bothers me that because KSU is younger in its "tradition richness" it should be looked down upon.  I don't hear fans in lawrence humbly admitting that their program is worthless compared to the longer storied basketball programs outside the state of Kansas.

Pro tip in these threads.  Dax uses KBOR University disclosures as 'batin' material.  Beems knows the numbers phog posts, which are largely based on rumor and conjecture and the occasional fact.