Author Topic: What a guy our old FRANK is!  (Read 30484 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: What a guy our old FRANK is!
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2014, 11:25:08 PM »
Belvis, MIR is right.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2014, 03:24:36 AM »
i'd still bet martin will win more games than kstate does, over the course of years that martin is an ncaa head bball coach.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2014, 06:13:06 AM »

i'd still bet martin will win more games than kstate does, over the course of years that martin is an ncaa head bball coach.

He is going to have to start winning soon to continue being one.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2014, 06:39:12 AM »
So, Frank had to get out immediately due to his own disposition that doesn't allow him to simply placate Currie while he gets his ducks in a row, but that's not Frank's Fault?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2014, 07:16:22 AM »
Frank was a crybaby loser who left on his accord.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2014, 07:55:23 AM »
Belvis, MIR is right.

LOL, he's no closer to being right than Belvis is.

Frank was a crybaby loser who left on his accord.
this is a pretty good summation of exactly who and what frank martin was at K-State and continues to be at SC.  of course, it's never his fault though, for being a cry baby.  it's his players fault, his AD's fault, his fans fault.  not frank's. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2014, 08:15:59 AM »
Belvis, MIR is right.

For starters, MIR's right about DePaul and Oregon.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2014, 08:37:33 AM »
Belvis, MIR is right.

belvis wasn't wrong about depaul and oregon

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2014, 08:38:47 AM »
Frank was g8 at Kst8.  Was glad 2 have him in conference!!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2014, 08:49:36 AM »
BW would have been more successful if he took over after Huggins left than FM was in that time. That's really all I need to know about this whole situation. Frank coached, possibly the only way he knew how, by forcing the team to meet adversity and sink or swim. Players earned his respect by being like him and overcoming harsh situations. You can't sustain success on a D1 level like that. Sometimes the math teacher from humble beginnings doesn't get a fairy tale ending, sometimes he gets 15 minutes of fame and goes back to teaching math. FM did a job at KSU, he was paid well to do so. His boss felt that he wasn't performing up to the level desired and got rid of him (by shady tactics). The end.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2014, 08:52:35 AM »
Well, BW sure as crap wouldn't have kept the recruiting class together.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2014, 08:53:52 AM »
Belvis, MIR is right.

was he right about JC being a mean jerk to poor ol' Frank, pulling rank, and "running him out of town?"  is it accurate that ahh-shucks Frank desperately wanted to stay at KSU, but that JC had created a hostile work in which faultless Frank simply couldn't focus on coaching basketball?  Essentially, constructively discharged him?   

The truth is none of us have any rough ridin' idea how this came to be.  It's all conjuecture and speculation.  MIR said it best - "we still, nearly 2 years later, don't know the exact circumstance as to how the issue came to be."  Us fans, on the periphery, can only look at past circumstances and available facts and make our best guess as to what really happened.  Unless this is just a Venzy scenario where the truth is too powerful for the average EMAWer and posting it publicly would melt down the internet. 

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2014, 08:58:46 AM »
I was speaking specifically about what happened at the end of the 11-12 season and his going to USC, the only job even open at the time, because his boss ran him out of town; but you knew that. And how in the hell could he salvage the relationship with Currie? He unilaterally suspended a senior for a round of 32 game for no reason at all to show the coach who had the bigger stick. The end game for any coach after that is pretty apparent.  BTW Currie is not forgiven ever for what he did to Jamar, what an amazingly shifty thing to do.

Frank was tied to the DePaul and Oregon jobs in previous seasons, but you knew that too. Weren't you one of the tucks people who complained when he was linked to these openings?

:facepalm:

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2014, 09:02:19 AM »
I think it would be awesome if John Currie would adjust my tie.  It would show how much he cares about me.   :blush:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2014, 09:07:13 AM »
Dang... I can't decide if I'm team Clams or team SD on this. 

:bwpopcorn:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2014, 09:07:30 AM »
:users:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2014, 09:12:03 AM »
If you honestly believe JC ran Frank out of town, it's pretty obvious who your "source" is, and it is :lol:.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2014, 09:14:51 AM »
If you honestly believe JC ran Frank out of town, it's pretty obvious who your "source" is, and it is :lol:.

Oh gmafb

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2014, 09:21:42 AM »
I was speaking specifically about what happened at the end of the 11-12 season and his going to USC, the only job even open at the time, because his boss ran him out of town; but you knew that. And how in the hell could he salvage the relationship with Currie? He unilaterally suspended a senior for a round of 32 game for no reason at all to show the coach who had the bigger stick. The end game for any coach after that is pretty apparent.  BTW Currie is not forgiven ever for what he did to Jamar, what an amazingly shifty thing to do.

Frank was tied to the DePaul and Oregon jobs in previous seasons, but you knew that too. Weren't you one of the tucks people who complained when he was linked to these openings?

:facepalm:

Did my post say shifty or shitty? If it said shifty it was auto-corrected. Currie didn't have to suspend Samuels for that game without a complete investigation & I hope you aren't arguing otherwise. There have been several cases of players playing in games with eligibility questions at other schools before and after that happened. Currie had a choice and he chose to suspend the player without consulting the coach and without completing the investigation. Certainly your ever enlightening :facepalm: isn't being used to indicate otherwise.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2014, 09:22:51 AM »
Well, BW sure as crap wouldn't have kept the recruiting class together.

Hahahaha, true. Pullen sure as crap wouldn't have stayed. :) I just think if you hand BW and FM the players from that team, BW does more. If you hand them both a team full of Pullens, FM does more. If BW takes over for Huggins and that recruiting class falls apart, do I think we are in the position we are now? No. I'm glad Frank was here, I'm glad we are in the position we are now.

If Frank wanted to stay he could have stayed. Frank didn't want to bow (again?) to JC's demands and so he left. Is the unreasonable? no. Frank could have stayed, but it isn't in Frank's make up to do what needed to be done to stay. Now Frank is in a shitty situation in SC. The flaw with Frank is not being able cater his manner in a way for a year or two more until he could get a better job than SC. Instead he took the first ship out and will probably lead to not having another D-1 job outside of SC.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2014, 09:27:40 AM »
Frank was g8 at Kst8.  Was glad 2 have him in conference!!
:lol:

:thumbsup:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2014, 09:29:39 AM »
Captain is back!  :D

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »

not for long, looks like

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2014, 09:34:29 AM »
Did my post say shifty or shitty? If it said shifty it was auto-corrected. Currie didn't have to suspend Samuels for that game without a complete investigation & I hope you aren't arguing otherwise. There have been several cases of players playing in games with eligibility questions at other schools before and after that happened. Currie had a choice and he chose to suspend the player without consulting the coach and without completing the investigation. Certainly your ever enlightening :facepalm: isn't being used to indicate otherwise.

It wasn't JC that recommended suspension, that would be the compliance director's job. JC did not unilaterally decide anything, and the player in question certainly did something that warranted the suspension. Players on K-State basketball teams and other schools' teams have been suspended in the past for the same type of infraction. It gets more attention because it turned out to be a senior's last game. It sucks, but ultimately it is the player's fault for committing an infraction (an infraction he was specifically warned about committing, btw).

Should JC have gotten Frank's input before the suspension was final? Maybe? It wouldn't have changed the outcome. Frank is the type of person that would take offense to just about anything, so I'm sure that pissed him off. And if you talk to people close to Frank, I'm sure his version is filled with persecution -- that's his thing, you're seeing it now at SC.

I would agree that JC didn't make a huge effort to keep Frank at K-State, and it was clear Frank wasn't making a huge effort to stay at K-State.

The  :facepalm: was because this has been discussed over and over and people still believe what they want to believe -- I thought it was clear what I know happened, I didn't realize you wanted me to go through it again. Apologies.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2014, 09:35:59 AM »

not for long, looks like
I wish he'd ignore dumbasses. He's great for this site and obviously is way more ITK than any fan who "thinks" they know what they're talking about. That includes me!