Author Topic: Richard Sherman hates Crabtree, loves L.L. Bean  (Read 31955 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Sherman hates Crabtree, loves L.L. Bean
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2014, 05:20:47 PM »
Oh man, under my new Sherman Act, seven's gonna have to sit with all the anti-Sherman'rs at cat games instead of his buds.

crap  :curse:

good thing i was josh shea before josh shea was josh shea and don't go to games  :gocho:

What about the bars?

craaaaaaaaap
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »
Have fun at Dirty Dawgs or whatever Silverado is now!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2014, 05:26:35 PM »
 :blindfold:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2014, 05:31:07 PM »
yeah, he should be able to say whatever he wants.  he should also be judged for what he says.

trim 3:16 and trim 3:17
judged as "classless" "arrogant" "ignorant" "a n-word" for yelling into the mic after a personal and team victory. he plays a violent sport in a position where people talk after every single play. it was a hilarious expression of emotion, not cause to be hated. people who hate him for it have a deeper agenda that they may not even be aware of.

There's not always an agenda. A lot of people have one to be sure, but there are probably just many who are bent out of shape because, like seven said, they simply think the guy is being a "jackass." Stop painting with such a broad brush.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2014, 05:34:23 PM »
can anyone show me when a white guy (or hell, even another black guy) reacted this way in a postgame interview?  maybe the reaction is because of jackassery, not because of race.

Who exactly are you referring to? There was clearly lots of negative reaction that was real racist and some that were not.

The debate that followed your post lost me a bit, is anyone here seriously attempting to debate to debate that America doesn't prefer its black humble and well spoken?

I think he was saying that America prefers all of their athletes to be humble, for the most part.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2014, 05:36:03 PM »
Disregard my posts.  I'm way behind.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2014, 05:38:27 PM »
Disregard my posts.  I'm way behind.
You are way behind on your phone recovery efforts as well.   :impatient:
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2014, 07:21:56 PM »
can anyone show me when a white guy (or hell, even another black guy) reacted this way in a postgame interview?  maybe the reaction is because of jackassery, not because of race.

Who exactly are you referring to? There was clearly lots of negative reaction that was real racist and some that were not.

The debate that followed your post lost me a bit, is anyone here seriously attempting to debate to debate that America doesn't prefer its black humble and well spoken?
Doesn't America prefer it's white the same way?

If John mcenroe is any indication, they're fine with white athletes being rude and arrogant as long as they poke fun at themselves in a credit card commercial.
Sounds really similar to Muhammad Ali.  Is there any examples from this millennium?

Ali was perhaps the most hated athlete ever, he didn't become beloved until he got Parkinson's and stopped talking
crap I might have ruined my keyboard, because this made me LOL so hard I spit out the drink of water I was having when reading this.  :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2014, 07:27:11 PM »

Doesn't America prefer it's white the same way?

No. I've discovered the line between arrogant and confident gets moved around quite a bit.

Do you have any examples? I find that people hate arrogant players while they are still playing and love them when they retire, but I could be wrong. I know my grandpa still hates Joe Namath.
I would too.  He predicted that his AFL Jets would beat the living snot out of the NFL Colts.  Everyone knew that couldn't be done and heaven forbid anyone saying such a thing.  But I kind of like him; only because he looked so good in panty hose later on in life.  :cool:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2014, 07:38:17 PM »
yeah, he should be able to say whatever he wants.  he should also be judged for what he says.

trim 3:16 and trim 3:17
judged as "classless" "arrogant" "ignorant" "a n-word" for yelling into the mic after a personal and team victory. he plays a violent sport in a position where people talk after every single play. it was a hilarious expression of emotion, not cause to be hated. people who hate him for it have a deeper agenda that they may not even be aware of.

There's not always an agenda. A lot of people have one to be sure, but there are probably just many who are bent out of shape because, like seven said, they simply think the guy is being a "jackass." Stop painting with such a broad brush.
i really regretted saying "agenda." what i meant was that people are unaware of the decisions their subconscious makes for them. people who are not blatantly racist can still hold some pretty harmful opinions despite believing they treat everyone equally.

this test from harvard takes 10 minutes and will explain and expose some biases of which many people aren't aware.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/ you don't need to register or login.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2014, 07:43:29 PM »
Seven, just from the posts I read today, and not only in this thread, you are the type of guy a friend would have a hard time thinking of you a only a black man.  Because you blend with society.  Now MIR on the other hand will remind you he's black as many times as he can.  He is a black racist and doesn't know it.  By that, I mean he will always point out the differences and inequalities in all men by race.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2014, 07:49:22 PM »
 :buh-bye:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »
Here we go!  This might be the last time we all get to hang out together before seven and katdaddy get relegated to goEMAWforShermanHaters.com.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2014, 08:30:18 PM »
Seven, just from the posts I read today, and not only in this thread, you are the type of guy a friend would have a hard time thinking of you a only a black man.  Because you blend with society.  Now MIR on the other hand will remind you he's black as many times as he can.  He is a black racist and doesn't know it.  By that, I mean he will always point out the differences and inequalities in all men by race.

:surprised:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2014, 08:37:05 PM »

You don't need to speak for me.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »

I'm not trying to insult anyone.  I just feel like you're more like the engineers and directors that are my friends at work.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2014, 08:52:59 PM »
Here we go!  This might be the last time we all get to hang out together before seven and katdaddy get relegated to goEMAWforShermanHaters.com.
Where did I mention that I hated Sherman or his rant.  Personally, I love this type of interview from someone who is charged up after winning a championship game.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2014, 08:56:17 PM »

I'm not trying to insult anyone.  I just feel like you're more like the engineers and directors that are my friends at work.

What in the eff  :buh-bye:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2014, 08:56:56 PM »
Where did I mention that I hated Sherman or his rant.  Personally, I love this type of interview from someone who is charged up after winning a championship game.

Sorry seven, guess you're still sitting alone at the bar.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2014, 08:57:26 PM »
Is Katdaddy a gigantic racist? :frown:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2014, 09:00:39 PM »
Is Katdaddy a gigantic racist? :frown:
What in the eff  :buh-bye:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2014, 09:02:55 PM »

I don't understand what this means. :confused:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2014, 09:03:33 PM »

Sorry seven, guess you're still sitting alone at the bar.

this is not unusual  :frown:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2014, 09:47:39 PM »
I'm not trying to insult anyone.  I just feel like you're more like the "black" engineers and directors that are my friends at work.

Does this help.  They are successful because they get along and work with everyone.  Plus they have lots of common sense.  If you didn't know them and they called you, you would have no hint of what race they are.  Mainly because when they see a person, they don't see them as a "white, black, Hispanic, Asian etc..." just who they are by the way they act.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2014, 09:50:40 PM »
I'm not trying to insult anyone.  I just feel like you're more like the "black" engineers and directors that are my friends at work.

Does this help.  They are successful because they get along and work with everyone.  Plus they have lots of common sense.  If you didn't know them and they called you, you would have no hint of what race they are.  Mainly because when they see a person, they don't see them as a "white, black, Hispanic, Asian etc..." just who they are by the way they act.

I liked this joke better when Stephen Colbert told it 8 years ago.