Author Topic: Celtics believe Butler's coach better than Self, hire him don't even offer Self  (Read 8802 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
KU fans don't appreciate coach self at all.  They don't realize that they hit the rough ridin' 700 million dollar coach powerball, and place most of his success on "ku tradition".  Who wouldn't want to get away from fans like that?

You're better than that bill, don't let them ignore you any longer.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
KU fans don't appreciate coach self at all.  They don't realize that they hit the rough ridin' 700 million dollar coach powerball, and place most of his success on "ku tradition".  Who wouldn't want to get away from fans like that?

I don't feel like responding to this, but it is posts like this that make me think, "God Bless Tim."  Tim will come along to be the yin to your yang.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Don't beg Bill.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Self Hates Lawrence, can't wait to Go To NBA
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2013, 12:13:32 PM »
NBA pussy >>> college pussy

I think the secretary and realtor circuit that Self has allegedly worked would be comparable to what he'd be getting in San Antonio.  Plus, college enrollment, theoretically, turns over every 4 years, bringing in lots of new talent.  I'd think that preying on college women would offer more variety than city women. 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Self Hates Lawrence, can't wait to Go To NBA
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2013, 12:49:35 AM »
NBA pussy >>> college pussy

I think the secretary and realtor circuit that Self has allegedly worked would be comparable to what he'd be getting in San Antonio.  Plus, college enrollment, theoretically, turns over every 4 years, bringing in lots of new talent.  I'd think that preying on college women would offer more variety than city women.

San Antonio has many, many more women than LWK. Bill would be victimized by decisional paralysis. He would simply lock up.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
How long will he coach?: Self was asked by radio-talk-show host Jim Rome on Wednesday if he wants to coach as long as possible or perhaps walk away from the game at some point.

“I’ve thought about it. I thought about it when I got involved in coaching how long I’d want to do this. I respect so many, whether it be Bo (Ryan, who just retired at Wisconsin), or coach Boeheim (Jim, Syracuse) or Krzyzewski (Mike, Duke) or Williams (Roy, North Carolina) or whoever has been in this business for so long. I don’t think I’ll do that,” Self, 52, said.

“I know certainly I want to be able to fulfill my contract (through 2021-22 season) and maybe go beyond that, but I’m not going to be a lifer. I can’t see that right now. Now if I havc no hobbies and no other interests and certainly I need something to keep me busy ... that would be something if my motor is still running.

“To compete at the highest level for so long in any profession, it wears on you after time. I don’t think I’d want to do this unless I felt I could give the energy and be as good as I could be because there’s young guys coming up behind you trying to knock you off your perch or beat your butt without question. As long as I have the energy level I will do it and I’ll love to do it. As soon as I lose that, I can’t see staying in.”

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
To think he was one lucky (cough refs) run in the NCAA tournament away from being fired for losing to too many mid majors.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Just as true today as it was then. You deserve better, Bill.