Author Topic: Media loves us, knows to respect us, talks about us being awesome thread  (Read 130862 times)

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Media loves us, knows to respect us, talks about us being awesome thread
« Reply #675 on: August 26, 2022, 07:05:19 AM »
Chris Kleinman thought he had the monkey pox, but it was just media members clinging to his privates.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 26, 2022, 11:06:01 PM »
 :surprised: :lynchmob:

https://apnews.com/article/college-football-sports-ohio-texas-b8dee5dae55c7e60694209e07f35e85d

NEW YEAR’S SIX BOWLS

Rose Bowl — Michigan vs. USC.

Sugar Bowl — Georgia vs. Kansas State.

Cotton Bowl — Houston vs. Oklahoma.

Orange Bowl — North Carolina State vs. Texas A&M.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 27, 2022, 05:22:24 PM »
Is this after we win the conference, because you know we don't stand a chance in hell of playing in the CFP?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 27, 2022, 07:08:51 PM »

https://apnews.com/article/college-football-sports-ohio-texas-b8dee5dae55c7e60694209e07f35e85d

NEW YEAR’S SIX BOWLS

Not surprised

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 27, 2022, 07:41:48 PM »

NEW YEAR’S SIX BOWLS

Not surprised

Boner alert

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 14, 2022, 12:02:34 PM »
Look at us getting top billing.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 14, 2022, 12:11:36 PM »

I think it might be the first ever saturday night game edition of the sunflower showdown
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 14, 2022, 12:15:40 PM »
Cats...Hawks...prime time saturday night...SEE YOU THERE

:ksu: :emawkid: :lynchmob: :katpak:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 14, 2022, 12:22:14 PM »

I think it might be the first ever saturday night game edition of the sunflower showdown
2004 in Lawrence was a night game. I remember, because it was depressing. Also, 2010 too. The juke game. That might have been a Thursday night game tho.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 14, 2022, 12:25:48 PM »
Off the top of my head the 2010 game was a Thursday night and 2004 was not on TV

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 14, 2022, 12:26:32 PM »

2004 in Lawrence was a night game. I remember, because it was depressing. Also, 2010 too. The juke game. That might have been a Thursday night game tho.

2004 was the last one you are right.  2010 was a Thursday night game.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 15, 2022, 12:27:14 PM »

Not sure of the year but it should have been the early '80s when KSU wore the alternate uniforms for the first time (mauve jerseys). That game was a Sat night under temporary lights. I believe the first "night" KSU/the other KS team was in 1947. Don't know how they pulled that off but apparently they did.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 15, 2022, 12:30:33 PM »

Not sure of the year but it should have been the early '80s when KSU wore the alternate uniforms for the first time (mauve jerseys). That game was a Sat night under temporary lights. I believe the first "night" KSU/the other KS team was in 1947. Don't know how they pulled that off but apparently they did.
Was just reading some Olds posts on the phog about this. Sounds like some fights and boot barfin may have happened too.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 15, 2022, 12:33:52 PM »
While I'm as excited as the next person about our potential and bowl possibilities, I've seen on prediction already that has UT in the Sugar Bowl with KSU headed to the Cheez-it Bowl in Orlando, Fla.

Trust me, some of the media may purport to "love" us right now but, even if we win the next two but not the Championship, they wouldn't waste one minute picking UT over us, regardless of record and standing, to go to a more presitious bowl game.

It's all about the economics and unfortunately, we don't have one of the country's largest endowments and our alumni wealth and subsequent influence, pales in comparison as well.

IMO but based on previous experience, we have to win the next three games IOT even get a whiff at a New Years Six bowl game.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 15, 2022, 12:44:48 PM »
You're not wrong except I believe the sugar bowl is contractually obligated to take the second best record if #1 is in the playoffs.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 15, 2022, 12:49:04 PM »
You're not wrong except I believe the sugar bowl is contractually obligated to take the second best record if #1 is in the playoffs.

Won't be the first time that a contract was ignored when it was KSU vice someone with a bigger/wealthier fanbase (see 1998).

As it always is, we have to win out. Then they have absolutely no choice.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 15, 2022, 12:49:32 PM »
Yeah I think it’s been covered elsewhere but I don’t even think it’s debatable at this point. If KSU wins the next two it’s bound for the Sugar.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 15, 2022, 12:59:55 PM »
Yeah I think it’s been covered elsewhere but I don’t even think it’s debatable at this point. If KSU wins the next two it’s bound for the Sugar.

only a "guarantee" if both kstate and TCU win their last two regular season games. because if 11-1 TCU beats kstate in dr pepper, TCU probably misses cfp and goes to Sugar.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 15, 2022, 01:53:59 PM »

only a "guarantee" if both kstate and TCU win their last two regular season games. because if 11-1 TCU beats kstate in dr pepper, TCU probably misses cfp and goes to Sugar.
Good clarification. Yeah would need both teams to win the next two, but then I think it would be locked in.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 15, 2022, 02:48:06 PM »

1982.  Was on TBS. Cats warmed up in regular unis and had silver/gray jerseys handed out to them to switch into in the locker room before kick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Kansas_State_Wildcats_football_team
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 02:52:22 PM by Woogy »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 15, 2022, 03:19:24 PM »

1982.  Was on TBS. Cats warmed up in regular unis and had silver/gray jerseys handed out to them to switch into in the locker room before kick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Kansas_State_Wildcats_football_team

That schedule even by today's standards was fire. Noncons vs Arizona St and Kentucky? Bowl vs Wisky? Even throwing in the now defunct (rip) Wichita St? Amaze
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla