Author Topic: Can we accept oscar?  (Read 18174 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Can we accept oscar?
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »
@kfvsnews: Todd Richards here. SIU Sports Info Director tells me basketball team will spend night on  bus after getting stuck in a ditch near Champaign

:frown:

They'll freeze to death

Alive 2: Highway to Hell.  Or something.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2014, 12:36:43 PM »
@kfvsnews: Todd Richards here. SIU Sports Info Director tells me basketball team will spend night on  bus after getting stuck in a ditch near Champaign

:frown:

They'll freeze to death

Alive 2: Highway to Hell.  Or something.

There was nothing to worry about, one of my favorite Wildcats of all time, Anthony Beane, held down the fort (bus) until the tow truck arrived.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/01/05/southern-illinois-basketball-team-stranded-in-snow-storm/4334033/

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »
I'm much closer to accepting oscar as one of us than I was a couple months ago, but I saw someone mention Gottlieb at the top of the page and it got me thinking. A fair percentage of the #bid'ers were or currently are proponents of Doug being the HC at KSU, and I think that's pretty humorous considering he was always defending Weber as a very good head coach on Petro's show. So, Doug is smart/awesome enough to be the HC at KSU, but is too stupid/lame to know who is a good head coach at this level? I guess if that mindset is the alternative then I'll just be #teambruce.

That's kind of revisionist. He did say he was a good coach, I never recall him calling Weber a "very good coach" but he also said his firing at Illinois was justified. I listened to an ESPN podcast in February of '12 right after he essentially said the team quit where Gottlieb, Dana O'Neil, and Eamon Brennan killed Weber for about 30 minutes. He was also critical of him pretty much all last season with regard to how he used the players especially JO. I took his praise of Weber as pretty general, and you can't expect him to kill the new head coach on 810 in Kansas City after he publicly lobbied for the job and then returned to the booth after he didn't get it.

What I'm referring to was during his tenure at Illinois. Even when he was having some subpar seasons at Illinois, Gottlieb would continually defend Weber to Petro, and would extoll his virtues quite often. I haven't listened to 810 much at all over the past 2-3 years, so I have no idea what he's said about oscar when he was fired from Illinois or what his opinion of him has been while he's been at KSU. I just always thought it was odd that he would go out of his way so often to let Petro know that he was wrong about Weber.

oscar is a family friend of the Gottliebs.  They go way back.  There's more there than just honest opinion. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
I'm much closer to accepting oscar as one of us than I was a couple months ago, but I saw someone mention Gottlieb at the top of the page and it got me thinking. A fair percentage of the #bid'ers were or currently are proponents of Doug being the HC at KSU, and I think that's pretty humorous considering he was always defending Weber as a very good head coach on Petro's show. So, Doug is smart/awesome enough to be the HC at KSU, but is too stupid/lame to know who is a good head coach at this level? I guess if that mindset is the alternative then I'll just be #teambruce.

That's kind of revisionist. He did say he was a good coach, I never recall him calling Weber a "very good coach" but he also said his firing at Illinois was justified. I listened to an ESPN podcast in February of '12 right after he essentially said the team quit where Gottlieb, Dana O'Neil, and Eamon Brennan killed Weber for about 30 minutes. He was also critical of him pretty much all last season with regard to how he used the players especially JO. I took his praise of Weber as pretty general, and you can't expect him to kill the new head coach on 810 in Kansas City after he publicly lobbied for the job and then returned to the booth after he didn't get it.

What I'm referring to was during his tenure at Illinois. Even when he was having some subpar seasons at Illinois, Gottlieb would continually defend Weber to Petro, and would extoll his virtues quite often. I haven't listened to 810 much at all over the past 2-3 years, so I have no idea what he's said about oscar when he was fired from Illinois or what his opinion of him has been while he's been at KSU. I just always thought it was odd that he would go out of his way so often to let Petro know that he was wrong about Weber.

oscar is a family friend of the Gottliebs.  They go way back.  There's more there than just honest opinion.
Doug's Dad setup oscar's first college coaching Job.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2014, 01:29:30 PM »

That makes WAY more sense now.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »
is oscar responsible for putting 700 pinned threads at the top of the bball board? if so,  :curse: at oscar

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2014, 01:36:47 PM »
is oscar responsible for putting 700 pinned threads at the top of the bball board? if so,  :curse: at oscar

I can remove mine if its a problem.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »
no i love those, but maybe we can combine the ADV stats and Four Factors threads?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2014, 09:47:45 AM »
I will accept oscar as long as Lowery is always right by his side.

Insightful.  Lowery is the defensive motivator. I don't know who is landing these recruits like Foster, Westicles, Thomas, Edwards and Hurt, but somebody is getting them to buy in.  :dunno:

I love Lowery, especially his Twitter account. He usually posts only one or two words followed by several !'s. It makes me  :lol: every time.

He also happens to be a defensive genius.

Chris Lowery ?@CoachLoweryKSU 10m
Cold & Windy!!

I always imagine him saying things like this like Ollie Williams on Family Guy.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
Let's evaluate positives and negatives.

FACT: oscar has the best winning percentage in KSU basketball history.

FACT: oscar's first team won KSU's first conference title since 1980.

FACT: oscar was upset by LaSalle in his first NCAA game at KSU.

FACTish: oscar's first team was led by Frank recruits.

FACTish: oscar's second team is led by his own recruits.

FACT: oscar has a lifetime .679 winning percentage and has been national coach of the year.

FACT: oscar has been fired.

2 notes:  (1) I hadn't read the Mellinger article when I posted this; (2) I am not Mellinger.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:51:38 AM by Ghost of Stan Parrish »
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2014, 11:13:08 AM »
I accept oscar right now.  As is. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2014, 11:32:49 AM »
FACT: people named oscar typically are amazing at life/their jobs, and even more specifically, people named oscar W.

the hero we deserve? CHECK

yippee ki yay mother rough rider? CHECK

enter the dragon? CHECK

don't make me angry? CHECK

c'mon chen? CHECK

evil dead slash burn notice? CHECK CHECK

iron maiden? CHECK

the boss? CHECK

CHECK

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2014, 01:29:01 PM »
 :lol: mocat
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2021, 07:18:45 PM »
I can’t accept how he does the powerclaw or w/e

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2021, 07:44:32 PM »
MARIJUANA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2021, 07:46:45 PM »
Shane is pure hot adultery sex
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2021, 07:51:08 PM »
Doing the toking doobies hand sign instead of the power claw or whatever it is is a million times better. This is pure genius.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2021, 07:56:04 PM »
oscar has sex hair lmao

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2021, 08:04:24 PM »
Someone mspaint oscar into a 311 T-shirt immediately

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2021, 08:10:07 PM »
That’s Big Gips cousin, please 6.8 pound baby Jesus let us get him

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2021, 08:41:24 PM »
Big Gip is a for serious Qannon weirdo so given a shitload of our alumni are as well I like our odds

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2021, 09:15:42 PM »
Big Gip is a for serious Qannon weirdo so given a shitload of our alumni are as well I like our odds

I’ll donate to Trump and JFK Jr’s 2024 campaign if it means this guy commits

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2021, 09:30:50 PM »
Clearly blazed oscar is instantly my favorite oscar
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2021, 09:53:25 AM »
_33 could have a field day with that one

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2021, 10:17:38 AM »
That is not a joint-holding hand sign. It is an "implying he or someone else is not hung" hand sign. Cmon people, in the joint sign you clearly have to adjoin your thumb and index finger, and they are more curved. Oscar gets zero points from SB for being cooler than I thought. Verdict: still not accepting oscar.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12