Author Topic: Can we accept oscar?  (Read 18178 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Can we accept oscar?
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2014, 02:12:34 PM »
The idea that oscar and Lowery are some sort of magic potion is pretty adorable.

How else could you possibly explain it?

The players they had were best when they were together.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »
Weber and Lowrey are an adorable duo.  I love it when Lowrey gives Weber a breakdown at the beginning of a timeout and their faces are inches apart with Weber listening intently and giving quick, little head nods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B_bgyb6JNU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2014, 02:15:41 PM »
The idea that oscar and Lowery are some sort of magic potion is pretty adorable.

How else could you possibly explain it?

The players they had were best when they were together.

:lol:

No really, how would you explain it?

Offline KSUblacklab

• Fan
  • Everyone's a little douche'e sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2014, 02:21:25 PM »
eff oscar WEBER AND eff ALL THE MORONS THAT THINK HE IS A GOOD COACH.  HOPE ALL OF YOU GET FULL BLOW AIDS.

(THROWS MIC OFF OF YOUR TAINT)

powercat_pat  :thumbsup: this

Did you know Kansas State's first mascot was a black lab?

I don't like master threads as much as others. I mean, they have there purpose. But, so do new threads.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2014, 02:24:05 PM »
eff oscar WEBER AND eff ALL THE MORONS THAT THINK HE IS A GOOD COACH.  HOPE ALL OF YOU GET FULL BLOW AIDS.

(THROWS MIC OFF OF YOUR TAINT)

'grats, buddy

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2014, 02:32:44 PM »
It's like any coach, if he sustains success he'll become "ours" and we'll grow to love his weird quirks.

Exactly. Crap, everyone hated Snyder 2.0 until 2011 when we magically won 10 games and he was suddenly Scheme Dr. again and not old balls.

People have reactions to things. They're often black & white, gut-shot, emotional reactions. I went extremely negative when oscar was hired. A lot of us thought it was a horrible hire, and below where we felt the program had risen. We also loved Frank.

In time, none of that really matters. We want success, and if the coach that brings us that success has a cool personality or whatever, then that's just gravy. oscar is kind of a kooky dude, but as long as he keeps winning that's cool, and if he wins long and consistently enough he'll be our kooky dude.

We thought it was a bad hire because it was a bad hire. I don't care if Weber goes on to be Wooden, at the time of his hire it was a horrendous decision that the athletic director couldn't himself reasonably justify at the introductory press conference. He has exceeded our expectations in 1 1/3 seasons, so that makes me very happy but it is going to take a lot more to make people forget about the nature of his hiring. He is still the guy who was hired to take over a top 25 program days after he was fired from a similar program for performance.

Offline KSUblacklab

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »
It's like any coach, if he sustains success he'll become "ours" and we'll grow to love his weird quirks.

Exactly. Crap, everyone hated Snyder 2.0 until 2011 when we magically won 10 games and he was suddenly Scheme Dr. again and not old balls.

People have reactions to things. They're often black & white, gut-shot, emotional reactions. I went extremely negative when oscar was hired. A lot of us thought it was a horrible hire, and below where we felt the program had risen. We also loved Frank.

In time, none of that really matters. We want success, and if the coach that brings us that success has a cool personality or whatever, then that's just gravy. oscar is kind of a kooky dude, but as long as he keeps winning that's cool, and if he wins long and consistently enough he'll be our kooky dude.

We thought it was a bad hire because it was a bad hire. I don't care if Weber goes on to be Wooden, at the time of his hire it was a horrendous decision that the athletic director couldn't himself reasonably justify at the introductory press conference. He has exceeded our expectations in 1 1/3 seasons, so that makes me very happy but it is going to take a lot more to make people forget about the nature of his hiring. He is still the guy who was hired to take over a top 25 program days after he was fired from a similar program for performance.

:cry:
  ______

spilled milk

I don't like master threads as much as others. I mean, they have there purpose. But, so do new threads.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2014, 02:38:08 PM »

______

spilled milk

get this guy a body bag!

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2014, 02:40:46 PM »
All out of body bags.  Just going to have to let the bodies pile up until Saul approves a line of credit.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »

______

spilled milk

KSUblacklab is the best thing to ever happen to #teamBruuuuce

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2014, 02:46:28 PM »

100% this. 

Offline KSUblacklab

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2014, 02:50:22 PM »

100% this.

Thanks you Make it rain's sock.

#bostonTshirtfansunite

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2014, 02:51:21 PM »
 :sdeek:  :lol:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Can we accept oscar?
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2014, 02:55:56 PM »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2014, 02:58:55 PM »

100% this.

Thanks you Make it rain's sock.

#bostonTshirtfansunite

Oh, I'm not a Boston fan, nor a sock of MIR.  Just agree with him that is was a terrible hire, but some how it seems to have worked out.  Currie looks like a genius, but in reality, he is just really damn lucky.

Better to be lucky than good, tho.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2014, 02:59:15 PM »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2014, 03:00:18 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2014, 03:06:08 PM »

______

spilled milk

You clearly didn't understand the post, dummy

Offline KSUblacklab

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2014, 03:09:50 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm the goat. You are the little boy who keeps trying to get up.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2014, 03:18:25 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm the goat. You are the little boy who keeps trying to get up.

:Wha:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2014, 03:21:07 PM »
Here's a question that was brought up last night that really made me think (thanks stud boss John Kurtz): If Weber took a job somewhere else after this season, knowing Currie was going to make the new hire, would you be happy (assuming it wasn't Pearl, of course)?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2014, 03:24:19 PM »
Here's a question that was brought up last night that really made me think (thanks stud boss John Kurtz): If Weber took a job somewhere else after this season, knowing Currie was going to make the new hire, would you be happy (assuming it wasn't Pearl, of course)?

At this point, today, yes I would be.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2014, 03:25:10 PM »

At this point, today, yes I would be.

Does that change if we make the NCAA tournament this year? Because thinking back I'm pretty sure that was the actual question.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2014, 03:26:36 PM »

Yes because the campaigning for our guy Doug would be so amazingly fun