Author Topic: Tell US Why Don't You Post?  (Read 54487 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Tell US Why Don't You Post?
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2014, 01:07:42 PM »
Class of 1966.    It seems like when I post on the boards no one responds, especially if I start a thread, or I get a rude response.    Therefore, I just read usually.

Meh, it gets easier.  Post away!

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2014, 01:08:22 PM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2014, 01:09:14 PM »
Who can explain to me what the "hidden" posters are? :dunno:

:impatient:

GoPowercat writers and Kevin Keitzman, mostly. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »
Who can explain to me what the "hidden" posters are? :dunno:

:impatient:

i know at least one of them.  are you asking how you do it?

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2014, 01:15:58 PM »
bc the level of butthurt by D- posters like sunny and wakysqwak12 (or whatever) when i tell them what's up would lead to a lot of  :cry: :Crybaby: and  :bawl:

while i'm all  :ROFL:  :lol:  :Woohoo: and  :comehere:

:sdeek: and  :dubious:  :blah: :facepalm:  :horrorsurprise: and  :nono: away goemawers

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2014, 01:33:40 PM »
bc the level of butthurt by D- posters like sunny and wakysqwak12 (or whatever) when i tell them what's up would lead to a lot of  :cry: :Crybaby: and  :bawl:

:sdeek: and  :dubious:  :blah: :facepalm:  :horrorsurprise: and  :nono: away goemawers

Interesting that you lump me and Fanning together.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2014, 01:37:05 PM »
Also, I'm a D+ poster, not D-. :frown:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2014, 01:45:51 PM »

I enjoy the fact that I know exactly who ninglu86 is and he has no idea who I am.  I was worried he had converted to a hawk but saw some bowl pictures that confirm he has remained EMAW

Offline Mosafir1

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2014, 01:50:18 PM »
Ok, ok. I appreciate everyone pulling us into the light. I've been creeping around here since August. I attended K-State for grad school and graduated in '11. My first impression of GE?  I was all :sdeek: at how partisan everyone was about the QB competition. A very inane observation. But throughout a very ...dynamic...season I've come to appreciate everyone here. I'm like the Jane Goodall of goEMAW, except no one here has seen me or accepts me as one of you.  Do you want to know the highlights of the season as seen through the eyes of a patient observer? #1: The Stott. #2: The Post Texas-Game board riots. #3: The person (or persons) who always  :D at grammatical errors. We have just begun another tumultuous offseason. Expectations are high. Keep up the good work - you are all part of a public good.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2014, 01:51:36 PM »

I enjoy the fact that I know exactly who ninglu86 is and he has no idea who I am.  I was worried he had converted to a hawk but saw some bowl pictures that confirm he has remained EMAW

does your last name start with a g and end in arden?  Second guess is last name start with s and end with hank? 

BWW bowl was awesome this year.  Fiesta bowl sucked last year.  Only positive of Fiesta bowl was me and bishop getting a studly pic together

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »

does your last name start with a g and end in arden?  Second guess is last name start with s and end with hank? 

BWW bowl was awesome this year.  Fiesta bowl sucked last year.  Only positive of Fiesta bowl was me and bishop getting a studly pic together

Neither of those two but you are in the exact right ball park. I probably would be your next guess.  Wish I would've bumped into you last year, been a long time.  Would've been especially fun to catch a Suns game together

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2014, 02:13:33 PM »

Neither of those two but you are in the exact right ball park. I probably would be your next guess.  Wish I would've bumped into you last year, been a long time.  Would've been especially fun to catch a Suns game together

I caught a Suns game last year after the Fiesta Bowl.  Watched the Suns play philly.  maybe next year?  I have put down the magic dragon and will be allocating magic dragon funds to bowl game for next year.  Sugar Bowl in new orleans would be  :excited: :pray:

If only i would have posted more in the past.

But then again, if I did, the level of butthurt by D (compromise between D- and D+) poster like sunny and D- poster like wakysqwak12 (or whatever) would have lead to a lot of  :cry: :Crybaby: and  :bawl: this past year
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:00:23 PM by Saulbadguy »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2014, 02:16:36 PM »
I appreciate the bump in letter grade, nunglu86, and thanks for posting sparingly. :D

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2014, 02:20:12 PM »
I'm like the Jane Goodall of goEMAW, except no one here has seen me or accepts me as one of you.
So, it's more like a zoo and you are a patron?  :Jail:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2014, 02:27:03 PM »
It is better to have posted and been run off than to never have posted at all.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2014, 02:28:13 PM »

yeah, accounts are very reasonably priced here if something goes terribly wrong

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2014, 02:29:42 PM »

yeah, accounts are very reasonably priced here if something goes terribly wrong

Most people are able to get refunds if they have a strong enough case.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2014, 02:32:24 PM »
Would definitely pak at the Sugar Bowl.  Work is crazy at the end of Dec so I can usually only make Jan bowl games.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2014, 02:45:32 PM »
Ok, ok. I appreciate everyone pulling us into the light. I've been creeping around here since August. I attended K-State for grad school and graduated in '11. My first impression of GE?  I was all :sdeek: at how partisan everyone was about the QB competition. A very inane observation. But throughout a very ...dynamic...season I've come to appreciate everyone here. I'm like the Jane Goodall of goEMAW, except no one here has seen me or accepts me as one of you.  Do you want to know the highlights of the season as seen through the eyes of a patient observer? #1: The Stott. #2: The Post Texas-Game board riots. #3: The person (or persons) who always  :D at grammatical errors. We have just begun another tumultuous offseason. Expectations are high. Keep up the good work - you are all part of a public good.

The "Stott?"  :confused:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2014, 02:48:11 PM »

Saw that. Figured it was some insidery joke I don't know about. I don't have the rough ridin' code after all.

Offline Mosafir1

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2014, 03:25:12 PM »

Saw that. Figured it was some insidery joke I don't know about. I don't have the rough ridin' code after all.

It's the Sams high step move. Someone here compared it to the move some mammals do to confuse or discourage predators. A gif was made.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 05, 2014, 03:37:13 PM »
for you kstate wildcat fans that are considering posting but scared on how it might end up, might i introduce you to some wise words from five time bramlage coliseum sold out event artist garth brooks...

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »
for you kstate wildcat fans that are considering posting but scared on how it might end up, might i introduce you to some wise words from five time bramlage coliseum sold out event artist garth brooks...

I can't listen to that song anymore.  Ever since Ropinfeet posted it word for word after Huggins left, I can't make it through it without crying.  I won't, can't, do that to myself again.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2014, 04:13:25 PM »
I don't post very much because one time I said something stupid (allegedly) and sys told me "posting is not obligatory".
That said with over 11,000 posts.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »
goEMAW is really about 70-100 real posters ( i don't include myself) and thousands of others that came and checked the place out once.  This thread spurred me to do a little research, the results of which will bring about changes in the way i spend my free-time.  Thanks kat
Welp, Thx. for converting, you fine poster.  :grin:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.