Author Topic: K-State Player Per 100s (FINAL) and Team ADV Stats  (Read 11401 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Player Per 100s and Team ADV Stats - 2-22-14
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2014, 10:12:57 AM »
Your weekly K-State player per 100s:

Jevon - Shooting has already been discussed plenty, but still impressed with his rate of assists and assist to TO ratio. I still think he can be a good (perhaps very good) player if he gets the shooting part of the game figured out at this level. Even though he can't make a FT, I like that he gets to the line at the rate he does.

Foster - Continuing to maintain his pts per 100 above 30 is really impressive to me. I thought as the season went along that he might dip a bit but he's been steady week to week. TOs are still an issue, but his improvement in assists is notable as well.

Nigel - Steady player, nice assist to TO ratio, and leads the team in steals when he's on the floor. Another nice shooting day at OU, though much of it in garbage time.

Westicles - It was nice to see him have a good game at Tech. Offensive boarding has dropped in Big 12 play, but still very good on the defensive boards, solid assist to TO, and still leads in FT rate.

DJamer - Not quite as much this past week, but still doing some nice things with the minutes he gets. Nice rebounder and shot blocker that never turns the ball over.

Nino - Its hard not to like what he consistently brings to this team, oboarding and efficient scoring, probably our best interior player against a zone at finding gaps for short jumpers. Plays good defense considering he always guards bigger guys. I with he'd dboard a bit better and get the FT line a bit more (especially since he makes them at a high rate now), but he's really good in what he does for this team.

Omari - I've become more content with what he's done the last several weeks in Big 12 games, but he still makes me a bit nervous. I'm glad he's here to push Westicles and he is really good at getting to the rim, though his FT shooting is challenging Jevon's for its ineptitude.

Shane - I wish he'd score more and I hope he gets back into the flow on offense, but his dboarding, passing, and defense are all big assets to this team.

Will - Will has become what we've always wanted Will to be. Knocking down 3s at a 40% clip, solid defender, being a bit more aggressive on defense. I would've never imagined his eFG% being as high as it is this year.

Gip - Pts per 100 has dipped a bit, but that's partially due to him playing more minutes (3rd in min%). I'd like to see him be a little more proactive and get more touches, but part of that is on the guards and our tendency to have some dumb turnovers. Its so nice to see him have the ability to get up and dunk in traffic/break opportunities and show some ability to play above the rim. Really good on the boards as well, though it would be nice to see a few more oboards.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Player Per 100s and Team ADV Stats - 2-27-14
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2014, 11:01:11 AM »
It's pretty remarkable how little DJamer turns it over.  His style of play you lead a casual observer to assume otherwise.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2014, 11:12:42 AM »
It's pretty remarkable how little DJamer turns it over.  His style of play you lead a casual observer to assume otherwise.

i think balls that bounce off his fingers dont get credited at TO's to him because he never had posssesssion

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2014, 11:14:11 AM »

i think balls that bounce off his fingers dont get credited at TO's to him because he never had posssesssion

he's BITB at completely losing track of the ball during a 50/50 scramble.  it's adorable

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2014, 01:03:19 PM »
Here's something I gave a shot for comparing K-State's Big 12 ADV stats; its an animated .gif that displays overall Big 12 stats for 5 seconds, home Big 12 stats for 5 seconds, and road Big 12 stats for 5 seconds. I'm not sure if it works or not, but I thought I'd give it a shot. It keeps looping through, so you can continually see the numbers as you watch. Also, click on the image to see a bigger version.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Player Per 100s and Team ADV Stats 3-2-14
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »
Sweet.  It worked for me.  Another cool thing FAN has added to our stats watching 

Our +0.21 PPP differ in the first half of home games  :Woot:

Our -0.17 ppp differ in the first half of road games  :Ugh:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Player Per 100s and Team ADV Stats 3-2-14
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
Updated Per 100s, hard to believe there is only 1 regular season game left.

Lots to look at, but I'm particularly impressed with DJamer and Westicles being able to sustain pretty good numbers throughout this season. We've talked plenty about the surprise Foster has been, but IMO in DJamer and Westicles we have 2 pretty important players going into next season.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Player Per 100s and Team ADV Stats 3-5-14
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2014, 10:23:44 PM »
Westicles has the potential to be a good rebounder.  He is almost 6'8, long arms, athletic.   He just needs to get better job of blocking out and being smart about good rebound position.  Very versatile already with his ball handling and awareness where teammates are on court.  Really hope he keeps working on being a good defender.  Foster has been a pleasant surprise on Defense as well as offense IMO

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Player Per 100s and Team ADV Stats 3-5-14
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2014, 11:27:42 AM »
Final regular season and Big 12 per 100s.