Author Topic: Will Foster break Pullen's scoring title?  (Read 49243 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Will Foster break Pullen's scoring title?
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2013, 10:29:23 AM »
Good lord, he is isn't better than Jake was as a freshman. Foster has more ppg but it is with many more minutes and less efficiency. Jake was the fourth scoring option for most of that season and only started a handful of games. He played with two of the best scorers in the history of the school. Some of you need to go back and watch that KU game, if Foster has a game when he scores like that, even with this group of cripples that he's playing with, then we'll talk.

Is he even better than freshman Angel?
Comparing Angel and Marcus is hard because of the importance of the point guard position. If you want to compare a young Jake to a young Foster. I would compare Jakes sophomore year to Marcus freshmen year because both players were in similar situations (Being the guy to get buckets).

Jake (SO)       Marcus (FR)
101.7 ortg      98.9  ortg
47.3  eFG%    46.3  eFG%
72.8  FT%      74.4  FT%
43.6  2FG%    40.3  2FG%
33.5 3FG%     34.8  3FG%

One thing that is hard to note statically is how much of a gamer Jake was. All ways played his best in the games that mattered the most.

Foster had a pretty nice day in the game that has mattered the most so far this season.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »
Good lord, he is isn't better than Jake was as a freshman. Foster has more ppg but it is with many more minutes and less efficiency. Jake was the fourth scoring option for most of that season and only started a handful of games. He played with two of the best scorers in the history of the school. Some of you need to go back and watch that KU game, if Foster has a game when he scores like that, even with this group of cripples that he's playing with, then we'll talk.

Is he even better than freshman Angel?
Comparing Angel and Marcus is hard because of the importance of the point guard position. If you want to compare a young Jake to a young Foster. I would compare Jakes sophomore year to Marcus freshmen year because both players were in similar situations (Being the guy to get buckets).

Jake (SO)       Marcus (FR)
101.7 ortg      98.9  ortg
47.3  eFG%    46.3  eFG%
72.8  FT%      74.4  FT%
43.6  2FG%    40.3  2FG%
33.5 3FG%     34.8  3FG%

One thing that is hard to note statically is how much of a gamer Jake was. All ways played his best in the games that mattered the most.

Foster had a pretty nice day in the game that has mattered the most so far this season.

Foster really does need his Denis Clemente, tho. Denny won more games in 08-09 then Jake did. Denny might be Franks second best player. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2013, 10:57:19 AM »
Comparing foster to jake is about as close as comparing Rod to Jake.  :sdeek:
We're not comparing. We're simply asking if he can obtain the record.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2013, 11:13:02 AM »
idk, maybe. foster is a pretty good young player and hes showing signs that he can be an all big 12 player in years to come. really hope he doesn't leave early though. thatll be the key... will oscar run him off?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »
Who's got an ESPN account? Our guy is listed under top 10 freshman right now. :sdeek: Eat it haters!

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=jeff-goodman&id=2788&src=desktop

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2013, 11:31:03 AM »
gamerism is a myth

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2013, 11:32:59 AM »
He's better looking as a FR than Pullen was... Much more adorable.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
Fact #1:  Foster is one of the two best Freshmen in the BigXII.  Fact #2:  Foster is one of the ten best Freshmen in the USA.  Fact #3:  Foster is one of the best Freshmen to ever play basketball in Manhattan, KS. 

So, really, I see no need to make imperfect comparos to other stud Freshmen at KSU.  Dude is really good. 

:cheers: to hoping that Thomas is a stud too and this combo delivers us many wins and NCAA tournament appearances over the next 4 years.   

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2013, 01:15:50 PM »
Fact #1:  Foster is one of the two best Freshmen in the BigXII.  Fact #2:  Foster is one of the ten best Freshmen in the USA.  Fact #3:  Foster is one of the best Freshmen to ever play basketball in Manhattan, KS. 

So, really, I see no need to make imperfect comparos to other stud Freshmen at KSU.  Dude is really good. 

:cheers: to hoping that Thomas is a stud too and this combo delivers us many wins and NCAA tournament appearances over the next 4 years.   

Truth, if Frank had brought in Foster, people would be creaming their jeans.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2013, 01:42:15 PM »

You say that in the "will foster break pullen's scoring title?" thread as if people aren't already creaming their jeans.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2013, 09:04:52 PM »
Eat it haters!

You are a perfect storm of very weird and very stupid

Literally the worst thing said about Marcus Foster itt is that some don't want to call him better than the team's all time leading scorer 11 games into his career, people should stop being so mean.

Stop trying so hard, that post is fanning logic, I actually thought it was his post until I read nuts kicked post.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2013, 10:48:29 PM »
It's funny, and also disheartening to see those Pullen sophomore numbers compared to Foster's numbers so far this season.  We're on here talking about Foster possibly becoming one of the all-time greats, while sophomore Pullen, with better numbers was lambasted across the K-State fanbase in 08-09.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2013, 11:01:36 PM »
I refuse to pick sides.  Jake delivered my best moments as a KSU hobby sport fan and he is my first love.

But I just made long eye contact across a bar with Foster.  We will see where it goes

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2013, 11:02:05 PM »
It's funny, and also disheartening to see those Pullen sophomore numbers compared to Foster's numbers so far this season.  We're on here talking about Foster possibly becoming one of the all-time greats, while sophomore Pullen, with better numbers was lambasted across the K-State fanbase in 08-09.

A portion of our fanbase has weird expectations for players, but to be fair sophomore Pullen kind of had an up and down year, but he was clearly showing signs of being a great player.

I'm really excited about the future of Foster, but he is only 11 games into his career. Lots of basketball left to be played for him.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2013, 11:25:10 AM »

:horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise:

:)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2013, 11:35:29 AM »
Eat it haters!

Literally the worst thing said about Marcus Foster itt is that some don't want to call him better than the team's all time leading scorer 11 games into his career, people should stop being so mean.

Stop trying so hard, that post is fanning logic, I actually thought it was his post until I read nuts kicked post.
You're letting yourself get trolled by me. :ROFL:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2013, 11:38:20 AM »
Also, are you always mad when discussing sports?

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2013, 11:41:54 AM »
Anyone else thinking that Wacky's newfound "trolling" attempts are just a cover, so that when he says something really dumb (but also really serious) then he can be all like, "Just trolling bruh,  :ROFL:"
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2013, 11:44:12 AM »

just fantastic

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2013, 12:18:44 PM »
Anyone else thinking that Wacky's newfound "trolling" attempts are just a cover, so that when he says something really dumb (but also really serious) then he can be all like, "Just trolling bruh,  :ROFL:"
What have I said that's dumb tho? MIR's a hot head tho and if Foster was a Frank recruit, they're would be way more love for him. Some ppl on this board hate oscar so much, they don't know how to handle good things that come from him. Plain and simple. I mean MIR thinks Angel was better as a Freshman. Now that's rough ridin' dumb.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2013, 12:24:17 PM »
Also, isn't a message board for discussing things? I think it's an interesting topic. Sorry some of you are so butthurt about it. It's ok to get excited and wonder.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2013, 12:42:38 PM »
For Foster to eclipse Pullen for me, he will have to provide a better moment than Xavier S16.  I would imagine that would mean taking us to the F4.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2013, 12:53:15 PM »
For Foster to eclipse Pullen for me, he will have to provide a better moment than Xavier S16.  I would imagine that would mean taking us to the F4.
Jevon, tho

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2013, 12:55:07 PM »
we haven't been this excited about a non-bill-walker mid-year addition since Milton Barros.

catzacker

« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2013, 01:01:05 PM »
we haven't been this excited about a non-bill-walker mid-year addition since Milton Barros.

I was really looking forward to Sutton.