Author Topic: National Security Agency  (Read 3541 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: National Security Agency
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 03:51:53 PM »
The engineers who wrote it for the Luddite managers who don't understand technology probably got an equally big kick out of it. I mean, if you created something that effective and then had to dumb it down that much for your bosses, wouldn't it almost be enjoyable?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 03:52:48 PM »
The engineers who wrote it for the Luddite managers who don't understand technology probably got an equally big kick out of it. I mean, if you created something that effective and then had to dumb it down that much for your bosses, wouldn't it almost be enjoyable?

Instead of drawing arrows, they should have drawn a series of tubes.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 04:50:12 PM »

I am 99% sure the bosses still didn't get it after the post it.  I bet there was like a 4 hr conference call/meeting with a lunch break and everything going over that post it again and again. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2013, 04:57:09 PM »

this is really fascinating to me. that an army of low 100k government computer guys can break into the systems of a corp that happily pays top talent 7 figs and up.
the private guys probably don't consider that the NSA will do patently illegal crap to hack them.

Is the lock on your front door designed to only prevent legal entry?
i was drunk(notice the physical threat i made). i don't know what i was going for there, maybe unconventional rather that "patently illegal"? like, the NSA probably has more physical access to sensitive areas than do the private hacking firms.

i know nothing about computers or how info is obtained. but i heard that when that little sticky note diagram was projected in front of a room of google engineers that they completely lost their crap.

Would be great video.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 07:38:30 AM »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 03:16:19 PM »
U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom declined to discuss the case Saturday. But in May, he told students during an event at Wichita State University that authorities monitor extremists groups' websites, including Inspire magazine.

"Do not go to this website," Grissom said. "You will be on our list."

a few months ago i went looking for information on how al qaeda communicates, and part of my search included downloads of inspire magazine. looks like i've landed myself on the most serious of watchlists. i'm sure that each keystroke from the sites i frequent is now neatly catalogued in an archive. you are all very welcome.