Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657689 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #9425 on: December 12, 2016, 01:32:58 AM »
^^for the young kids he meant goats as a bad thing

If they were good, it would have been GOAT

Pretty hilarious considering without those two, they don't make the playoffs

Obviously sunny, but that was honestly the second worst penalty I've ever seen, just behind Ridgewell against us last year. And as far as Giovinco goes it was very frustrating to watch him last night. He wasn't active at all, didn't take any initiative. He just stood up top and waited for a mid to bomb a ball to him. I don't know how to, or don't really care to, find his Audi Player Index for last night but I guarantee you its the lowest he had all season. Betishore was very active, he was all over the place. It would have been nice for the best player in the league to not look like Chris Pontius in the final.

Isn't Gio battling a pretty bad hamstring hernia?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #9426 on: December 12, 2016, 01:09:04 PM »

If they were good, it would have been GOAT

Pretty hilarious considering without those two, they don't make the playoffs

Obviously sunny, but that was honestly the second worst penalty I've ever seen, just behind Ridgewell against us last year. And as far as Giovinco goes it was very frustrating to watch him last night. He wasn't active at all, didn't take any initiative. He just stood up top and waited for a mid to bomb a ball to him. I don't know how to, or don't really care to, find his Audi Player Index for last night but I guarantee you its the lowest he had all season. Betishore was very active, he was all over the place. It would have been nice for the best player in the league to not look like Chris Pontius in the final.

Isn't Gio battling a pretty bad hamstring hernia?

Maybe? It sure didn't look that way in their other playoff games though.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: December 12, 2016, 04:24:22 PM »
I've never read this thread before.  Why do you people call the championship parade a "march?"  It's not as bad as calling the stripes "hoops," but close.

I will get one of those surgical masks the Asian people where and try to go take some pictures tomorrow.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: December 12, 2016, 05:37:24 PM »
Fwiw nobody calls the championship parade a march except for maybe Seattle, who, are far and away the worst embodiment of "American soccer" fans.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: December 12, 2016, 05:45:00 PM »
Fwiw nobody calls the championship parade a march except for maybe Seattle, who, are far and away the worst embodiment of "American soccer" fans.

It's only the soccer people themselves.  The news and normal people are calling it a parade.

And it's going the opposite way I thought it'd go, so I probably won't mix it up, at least not for the main part of it.  I might be able to get some #coverage of the beginning.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: December 12, 2016, 05:51:26 PM »
People call it a march before the game. That's not weird but the championship "march" makes me cringe.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: December 12, 2016, 06:07:26 PM »
People call it a march before the game. That's not weird but the championship "march" makes me cringe.

It's all weird, but I guess that's the point.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: December 12, 2016, 10:38:55 PM »
I've never read this thread before.  Why do you people call the championship parade a "march?"  It's not as bad as calling the stripes "hoops," but close.

I will get one of those surgical masks the Asian people where and try to go take some pictures tomorrow.

What the eff are you talking about, I've never heard this crap in my entire life?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: December 13, 2016, 01:17:10 PM »
Expansion draft today. Bye bye Jake, I'll miss you :cry:
Here's the list of players
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/12/12/2016-mls-expansion-draft-protected-and-unprotected-lists

A couple of things on this, MLS needs to close up some loopholes with this. I know Brad Davis is on SKC's unprotected list but like half of LA's list are retired guys, while other have teams with retired guys on the ineligible list.

Speaking of the ineligible list EPB is on ours but he isn't listed as being out on loan, has his loan expired? Will he be in the mix here in the spring?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9435 on: December 13, 2016, 03:06:38 PM »
The most IMPORTANT parts of what I gathered was a celebration of the best soccer team in the world are now featured at https://twitter.com/TrimGoEMAW.  Y-W.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: December 13, 2016, 03:10:25 PM »
fake news or bonus #coverage?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: December 13, 2016, 03:28:55 PM »
The most premium of #coverage.  You'll feel like you were there.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: December 13, 2016, 03:29:49 PM »
needs more Payton imo

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: December 13, 2016, 03:36:33 PM »
Doesn't everything?  FWIW, she shat well in the courtyard with me chanting "poop time," and she was immediately given a prime rib pupperoni and promptly taken out for the #coverage walk.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: December 13, 2016, 03:38:15 PM »
Bonus #coverage - for the minority seattle soccer fans facebook group page:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: December 13, 2016, 03:44:11 PM »
wait, what kind of reinforcement are you going for here?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: December 13, 2016, 03:47:18 PM »
wait, what kind of reinforcement are you going for here?

Clearly it worked, as she then foot-marched quite a ways on sidewalks and didn't crap once.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: December 14, 2016, 03:41:20 AM »
 :rolleyes:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: December 14, 2016, 06:59:12 AM »
Demps, while a good soccer player, seems like he is just kinda trash as a human.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: December 19, 2016, 07:18:54 PM »
SKC moving to FSNKC and FSNMW next year. Big move.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: December 19, 2016, 08:04:46 PM »
awesome :emawkid:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: December 19, 2016, 08:55:23 PM »
Aw yeah