Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 656302 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
we'll be extremely vulnerable/light up top if we only retain JP, CJ, and Sal from our current stud stable

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
i don't know why you guys are considering not protecting aurelien.

b/c we can't protect everyone and it's infinitely way easier to find serviceable defenders like collin

it is easy to find serviceable defenders, but i guess i value Collin much higher than you do. 3 all-stars in a row (and mls cup final MVP last year) is more than serviceable
we've hitched our all-star defender wagon to besler and i agree that you value collin much more than i do.  to me there just isn't that huge a difference b/w him and a mid-tier guy within other mls defenses

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
i don't know why you guys are considering not protecting aurelien.

b/c we can't protect everyone and it's infinitely way easier to find serviceable defenders like collin

it is easy to find serviceable defenders, but i guess i value Collin much higher than you do. 3 all-stars in a row (and mls cup final MVP last year) is more than serviceable
we've hitched our all-star defender wagon to besler and i agree that you value collin much more than i do.  to me there just isn't that huge a difference b/w him and a mid-tier guy within other mls defenses

You're trolling. You have to be. You always rough ridin' suck me in.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I like the guy but why is everyone so sure they want to keep Soony around?  Last year he was great, this year he hasn't been all that fantastic whatsoever.  Reminds me of Teal/CJ 2 years ago or so and the fall off they've both had since tearing it up one season. Obviously we don't want to lose much firepower on offense this offseason, but I don't think he's played his way into being kept around for sure.  Vermes is smart enough to realize that you need a great defense first, so I think he'll want to focus on keeping a solid defense before worrying about firepower up front (assuming we keep Dom).

Just my two cents.  I love Jacob Peterson, but even I know he'll be unprotected  :bang:

Why do you love Peterson?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Claros will play tomorrow. PV just confirmed.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
it would be a really bad look to leave your #1 goal scorer (and #2/3 or whatever in the league) and age 23 heart throb unprotected. i just can't see that happening. and i do realize we may lose him later. but if we lost him later we'd get a lot back for him wouldn't we? unlike if we just let orlando or nyc take him.

You're probably right. We would get a decent transfer fee for him when we protect him/sell him.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
we'll be extremely vulnerable/light up top if we only retain JP, CJ, and Sal from our current stud stable

That wouldn't happen since we can lose a max of 2 players to the expansion draft, right? Can't each team only take one SKC player?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That wouldn't happen since we can lose a max of 2 players to the expansion draft, right? Can't each team only take one SKC player?

I don't know if it's each team can only take one, but it's 2 max either way.

I think Tobias is referring to the idea that we leave Soony unprotected, Dom leaves for England, and Bieler goes back to SA.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

I don't know if it's each team can only take one, but it's 2 max either way.

I think Tobias is referring to the idea that we leave Soony unprotected, Dom leaves for England, and Bieler goes back to SA.

Toni tho

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
yeah, i was referring to a massive doomsday scenario of draft + likely trades.  just bbs'n :D

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
so where is all this dom leaving talk coming from anyway?

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I like the guy but why is everyone so sure they want to keep Soony around?  Last year he was great, this year he hasn't been all that fantastic whatsoever.  Reminds me of Teal/CJ 2 years ago or so and the fall off they've both had since tearing it up one season. Obviously we don't want to lose much firepower on offense this offseason, but I don't think he's played his way into being kept around for sure.  Vermes is smart enough to realize that you need a great defense first, so I think he'll want to focus on keeping a solid defense before worrying about firepower up front (assuming we keep Dom).

Just my two cents.  I love Jacob Peterson, but even I know he'll be unprotected  :bang:

Why do you love Peterson?

Peterson is the perfect player for Vermes system.  Dom has the same attributes, but is much MUCH better at scoring when he has opportunities.  But basically, he's a hustler who never quits.  He always puts pressure on the ball and chases people down.  This a lot of times creates chances for us that we wouldn't have otherwise off of our opponents doing DERP things.  He also makes good runs (he's just not great at finishing them when he gets the ball).  All in all, you know what you're getting with him. And he's damn consistent with his output
[

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Was already going to leave twice but deals fell through both times. First on loan to St. Mirren (Scotland). Then transfer to Charlton Ath. Also, he's English and is playing amazing. Someone in England will buy him.

EDIT: Just looked. Charlton was also a loan deal. He was just starting to get minutes at the end of last season though, and only had like 2 or 3 goals for SKC. Maybe now that he is the solidified starter and playing well, he'd be more inclined to stay.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:13:13 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

Was already going to leave twice but deals fell through both times. First on loan to St. Mirren (Scotland). Then transfer to Charlton Ath. Also, he's English and is playing amazing. Someone in England will buy him.

Honest ?...

Is the SPL or FLC really on par with MLS?

If SKC could DP Dom, would it be better if he stayed here?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Honest ?...

When he was going on loan to the SPL, he hadn't done crap for SKC yet. MLS is better. He's not going to Scotland. If/when he leaves, it'll be to England. High Championship/low EPL (maybe). It's not necessarily about what's "better." Kei wanted to play in England, so we let him go play for crap club, Middlesbrough. If Dom wants to leave (pretty sure he does/will), he will leave. DP contract could persuade him to stay. I'm not sure. I'm sure Soony being here helps, but if Soony gets taken by NYCFC or OCSC...

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
are we going to win the cup again tomorrow? man. two years in a row!  :excited:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Very interest to see where Damarcus Beasley ends up. Also if he ends up with a DP contract or not.

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider  ·  1h
Awaiting official word on @DaMarcusBeasley's MLS destination. Barring late change, it won't be CHI, RSL, DCU or Orlando.

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider  ·  39m
Scratch NYCFC & New England from Beasley sweepstakes, as well ...

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider  ·  1m
High price tag for Beasley, 32-yr-old LB/LMF. Curious to see how many MLS clubs are serious. No Canadian sides, I'm told

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider  ·  19s
Cross the Galaxy off the Beasley list ...

Possible destinations: Chivas, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Houston, New York, Philadelphia, Portland, San Jose, Seattle, Kansas City
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:22:20 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Honest ?...

When he was going on loan to the SPL, he hadn't done crap for SKC yet. MLS is better. He's not going to Scotland. If/when he leaves, it'll be to England. High Championship/low EPL (maybe). It's not necessarily about what's "better." Kei wanted to play in England, so we let him go play for crap club, Middlesbrough. If Dom wants to leave (pretty sure he does/will), he will leave. DP contract could persuade him to stay. I'm not sure. I'm sure Soony being here helps, but if Soony gets taken by NYCFC or OCSC...

well, knowing all that, we sure as crap better protect him.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Very interest to see where Damarcus Beasley ends up. Also if he ends up with a DP contract or not.

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider  ·  1h
Awaiting official word on @DaMarcusBeasley's MLS destination. Barring late change, it won't be CHI, RSL, DCU or Orlando.

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider  ·  39m
Scratch NYCFC & New England from Beasley sweepstakes, as well ...

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider  ·  1m
High price tag for Beasley, 32-yr-old LB/LMF. Curious to see how many MLS clubs are serious. No Canadian sides, I'm told

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider  ·  19s
Cross the Galaxy off the Beasley list ...

Possible destinations: Chivas, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Houston, New York, Philadelphia, Portland, San Jose, Seattle, Kansas City

do not really want.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
do not really want.

yeah doesn't really make sense to get him, but I love him a lot. Before we got Zizzo and Toni, Beasley was my choice for left wingers.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
:lol: Negredo out 3 months

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Steven Goff @SoccerInsider
Beasley will end up in Eastern Conference. Best I can tell, not DC, TFC, NE, CHI, MON, ORL, NYCFC. My hunch is Houston.

Maybe would push Brad Davis to right midfield and Boniek to the center (admittedly I haven't watched dumpster fire Houston much lately). Could also start at left back but seems silly when Houston already has Ashe.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Brad Davis followed me on twitter today.