Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 658277 times)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2011 Protect Players
Arnaud, Davy
Besler, Matthew
Bunbury, Teal
Collin, Aurelien
Espinoza, Roger
Kamara, Kei
Myers, Chance
Nielsen, Jimmy (GK)
Santos, Julio Cesar
Sapong, CJ
Zusi, Graham

(fwiw)

I think we are going to leave Myers unprotected. He's probably a core player, but I don't know if we can afford to keep him on that big salary we just gave him with those two new DP contracts. If we can afford it, by all means, he's my first choice right back ahead of Igor and Ellis.

Making a list is going to be so rough ridin' hard for this offseason. We have so many good players. I'm freaking out we're going to lose Saad or someone like that. :frown:

Yea :frown:

Honestly though, as much as I love Dom and as good a player as he is, if he's set on going back to England I'm ok with leaving him unprotected. Him playing a season or 2 in Orlando at the MLS level would have bit of poetic justice to it

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2011 Protect Players
Arnaud, Davy
Besler, Matthew
Bunbury, Teal
Collin, Aurelien
Espinoza, Roger
Kamara, Kei
Myers, Chance
Nielsen, Jimmy (GK)
Santos, Julio Cesar
Sapong, CJ
Zusi, Graham

(fwiw)

I think we are going to leave Myers unprotected. He's probably a core player, but I don't know if we can afford to keep him on that big salary we just gave him with those two new DP contracts. If we can afford it, by all means, he's my first choice right back ahead of Igor and Ellis.

Making a list is going to be so rough ridin' hard for this offseason. We have so many good players. I'm freaking out we're going to lose Saad or someone like that. :frown:

Yea :frown:

Honestly though, as much as I love Dom and as good a player as he is, if he's set on going back to England I'm ok with leaving him unprotected. Him playing a season or 2 in Orlando at the MLS level would have bit of poetic justice to it

No no no no no no GOD no

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
we don't have to protect DPs, and homegrown correct?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
we don't have to protect DPs, and homegrown correct?

DPs are not protected. Homegrowns are.

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/2012-expansion-draft-rules

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Remember when we left Bravo unprotected?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My protect List (some may be more heart than head):
Zus
Bes
Benny
Dom
Toni
Claros
Collin
Igor(if we buy him)
Seth
Ike
Soony

edit: had Dom on there twice.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:00:53 PM by scottwildcat »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Kronberg
Sinovic
Besler
Opara
Juliao
Claros
Nagamura
Feilhaber
Zusi
Dwyer
Dovale

(Maybe Collin over Dwyer.)

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You have to be sneaky when you pick your protected players.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

I'm considering the reality that with the two new DPs, there's no way we can afford to have Collin, Dwyer, Feilhaber AND Myers. Going to be sad to see any go, but one or two might have to.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'm considering the reality that with the two new DPs, there's no way we can afford to have Collin, Dwyer, Feilhaber AND Myers. Going to be sad to see any go, but one or two might have to.

Eh....sell off Claudio and if we get rid of Dom make sure to get paid to do it.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yea, with only 11 able to be protected it's pretty much a given that SKC will lose two solid players

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Guys I really enjoyed the WC and I want to be happy about SKC and stuff but its hard to not be angry. No one, not one person, gave an eff when they were the Wizards. Now the bandwagon overflowth. And, the fan base hasn't earned this, they've never suffered. i dunno guys maybe I'm just still sad because of the Royals suckage.

The re-brand was very important, and the fact that it coincided with the stadium and the winning was very important.

I know how the ownership group operates (:peek:); once they committed to the re-brand, it was going to be top notch.

SKC wins and does things to help win because their ownership, from the top down, doesn't accept anything less.  Ever.

I think fans in KC find that to be refreshing.

I tend to think the stadium factor is overblown. Maybe not after playing at the baseball stadium but if Sporting would have stayed in Arrowhead and rebranded and got super awesome, they could be filling Arrowhead Seattle style. I'm glad they got their own stadium though although the location sucks for this city guy.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

salary cap

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Guys I really enjoyed the WC and I want to be happy about SKC and stuff but its hard to not be angry. No one, not one person, gave an eff when they were the Wizards. Now the bandwagon overflowth. And, the fan base hasn't earned this, they've never suffered. i dunno guys maybe I'm just still sad because of the Royals suckage.

The re-brand was very important, and the fact that it coincided with the stadium and the winning was very important.

I know how the ownership group operates (:peek:); once they committed to the re-brand, it was going to be top notch.

SKC wins and does things to help win because their ownership, from the top down, doesn't accept anything less.  Ever.

I tend to think the stadium factor is overblown. Maybe not after playing at the baseball stadium but if Sporting would have stayed in Arrowhead and rebranded and got super awesome, they could be filling Arrowhead Seattle style. I'm glad they got their own stadium though although the location sucks for this city guy.

No

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Okay.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:dubious:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
it's unlikely that sporting would even sell out the lower bowl on a regular basis, unless they iowa stated up the tickets
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

salary cap

I would have to see all the numbers in front of me, but moving Zus and Bes to DP slots aren't their salary cap numbers now lower than before?

Wouldn't letting Chance go and selling Claudio and drafting GA guys allow enough room to give raises to Dom and Benny and keep everyone?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

salary cap

I would have to see all the numbers in front of me, but moving Zus and Bes to DP slots aren't their salary cap numbers now lower than before?

Wouldn't letting Chance go and selling Claudio and drafting GA guys allow enough room to give raises to Dom and Benny and keep everyone?

Besler was on 200k (200k guaranteed). Zusi 365k with 398k guaranteed.

200+398=598

368+368=736

Yeah, I hope so. Ideally, I want to keep Chance too.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

salary cap

Besler was on 200k (200k guaranteed). Zusi 365k with 398k guaranteed.

200+398=598

368+368=736

Yeah, I hope so. Ideally, I want to keep Chance too.

hmm I was under the impression Zusi was slightly lower and Matt was much higher. Still getting rid of the 3rd DP slot hit gets us to where we were. I think we can keep whoever PV and the FO want to keep. I trust whatever they do though. I have no reason to not be confident in all decisions they make.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:41:43 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
MLS to vegas is like World Cup to Qatar.   Unless there is a dome, no way they should do it.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#MLS2Vegas would be horrible. Would be a great NASL city though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
if we lose saad, i would be saad   <--  :lol:

really wouldn't mind losing sinovic or collin though since we have to lose someone might as well be those cats on d

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

How sure is everyone that this is Dom's last year?  Like, give me a percentage?