Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 658333 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
I grew up idolizing many Kansas City sports figures. They were my heroes. When I first learned how to play baseball, I threw right-handed, but I started batting left-handed because that’s what George Brett did on TV. To this day, I do everything right-handed, except for swinging a bat.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I grew up idolizing many Kansas City sports figures. They were my heroes. When I first learned how to play baseball, I threw right-handed, but I started batting left-handed because that’s what George Brett did on TV. To this day, I do everything right-handed, except for swinging a bat.

Loved that part so hard

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Matt is great and I love him

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i would like to talk about Igor Julião and how were we able to get him from Brazil at age 19? he is amazing

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
he's only on loan :frown:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Dude we're going to buy him just like we did with Medranda

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
i would like to talk about Igor Julião and how were we able to get him from Brazil at age 19? he is amazing

He's very fun to watch when he goes forward. Defensive positioning needs a lot of work. Ton of talent.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
suck it fluminese, he's ours! :love:

I mean, there's an option to buy just like with Medranda. If we want him, we got him.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
didn't realize his loan contract had a buy clause.  where were you earlier when i needed held? :shakesfist:

i wish juliao wasn't just on loan.  that kid has been nails for us

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
getting back on track though, ms igor juliao always closed-lip smiles.  what's that about?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
also, don't beat me up sunny.  are most loans over here set up that way?  don't pay as much attention to mls contract deets and such

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
also, don't beat me up sunny.  are most loans over here set up that way?  don't pay as much attention to mls contract deets and such

I feel like they are. I just know Medranda and Juliao are.

I don't think there's a but option clause in Cubo Torres' contract, but if new ownership wants to buy him, I'm sure they could make him their first DP. I hope that happens.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
:thumbs:

(i'm used to european clubs always recalling good young players after they get loaned elsewhere to get some playing experience, so just assumed this would be the same unless a major financial windfall)

also, as the #1 chivas supporter on this board, i wholeheartedly agree with you

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Dude we're going to buy him just like we did with Medranda

I really hope so.  I mean, pretty much every time I am rewinding the tivo to watch some crazy ass footwork, it Juliao.   He is going to be so badass.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
The only thing that would affect us purchasing him is the expansion draft. We'd likely leave him exposed I think. I'll leave that crap to Vermes.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The only thing that would affect us purchasing him is the expansion draft. We'd likely leave him exposed I think. I'll leave that crap to Vermes.

That expansion draft is going to suck, though as good as SKC has been at finding and developing young talent I'm not as concerned. Also will help ease my mind if NE continues to suck balls and taint (we got their 1st superdraft pick next year for Teal right?)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

That expansion draft is going to suck, though as good as SKC has been at finding and developing young talent I'm not as concerned. Also will help ease my mind if NE continues to suck balls and taint (we got their 1st superdraft pick next year for Teal right?)

I think that's right. I know we have two first round picks.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I think that's right. I know we have two first round picks.

Yea, just looked it up to be sure. If NE keeps playing like they have the last couple months that could become a very nice pick. Obviously won't be top 2 and I seriously doubt they finish as bad as Montreal but #4 is possible.

If they can work it so they buy Igor, but after the expansion draft plus the fact that EPB isn't eligible would make it a lot easier to protect the core and a high draft pick would allow them to pick up a quality developmental player to replace whoever gets taken

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I thought Teal was traded for a 2nd? Idr. Also expansion draft is going to suck balls and taints, question though: since OCSC is already a club and effectively moving up how does that play into expansion drafts and what happens to the players who where on contract past this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I thought Teal was traded for a 2nd? Idr. Also expansion draft is going to suck balls and taints, question though: since OCSC is already a club and effectively moving up how does that play into expansion drafts and what happens to the players who where on contract past this season?

Since I'm still struggling to figure out MLS contracts and finances in general I don't know if this article will help or not but I ran across it searching for some info on the expansion draft

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80861911/

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Jfc...we are going to lose two good guys, OCFC and NYCFC both get to go through the expansion draft

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Looks like we have Sporting KC's first round pick, New England's first round pick (Bunbury trade), New England's second round pick (Feilhaber trade). Also, Toronto has our second round pick (Michael Thomas trade).

Hopefully if we lose a good guy, we trade to get him back like we did for Sinovic. Traded away Arnaud.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2011 Protect Players
Arnaud, Davy
Besler, Matthew
Bunbury, Teal
Collin, Aurelien
Espinoza, Roger
Kamara, Kei
Myers, Chance
Nielsen, Jimmy (GK)
Santos, Julio Cesar
Sapong, CJ
Zusi, Graham

(fwiw)

I think we are going to leave Myers unprotected. He's probably a core player, but I don't know if we can afford to keep him on that big salary we just gave him with those two new DP contracts. If we can afford it, by all means, he's my first choice right back ahead of Igor and Ellis.

Making a list is going to be so rough ridin' hard for this offseason. We have so many good players. I'm freaking out we're going to lose Saad or someone like that. :frown: