Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 656743 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #750 on: February 22, 2014, 11:43:34 PM »
If OCSC wins, the attendance numbers will stay. You think SKC would be selling out 38 straight games if we weren't winners?

No, but I think person for person KC is one of if not the best sports towns in the country and will support subpar teams 20x what Orlando would, and the same goes for all the cities I mentioned. Orlando will flop harder than any of the expansion cities and almost all of the current MLS cities if the team sucks and that includes Miami.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #751 on: February 22, 2014, 11:46:19 PM »
Guess we'll see.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 22, 2014, 11:47:15 PM »
yeah, i agree with that.  they're winning in the usl though (like 1-2nd place every year).  at best, i'd rather them have someone else's franchise than be an addition though

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 22, 2014, 11:48:51 PM »
yeah, i agree with that.  they're winning in the usl though (like 1-2nd place every year).  at best, i'd rather them have someone else's franchise than be an addition though

With the 14 sw named, to get up to 24, you'd have to find 10 cities better than Orlando which has already been a proven (admittedly short term) success. I could probably name more than ten cities that want MLS, but that doesn't mean they'll be better situations.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 22, 2014, 11:54:39 PM »

With the 14 sw named, to get up to 24, you'd have to find 10 cities better than Orlando which has already been a proven (admittedly short term) success. I could probably name more than ten cities that want MLS, but that doesn't mean they'll be better situations.

didn't say they weren't in the next 10 fwiw

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 22, 2014, 11:55:58 PM »

Why didn't you include them in the first place if you included NYCFC? Fair enough though.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 23, 2014, 12:01:20 AM »

Why didn't you include them in the first place if you included NYCFC? Fair enough though.

because NYCFC (prefaced without RBNY) would be playing games in New York City without anyone in the entire northeast as a direct competitor in the biggest market in America.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 23, 2014, 12:20:55 AM »
If OCFC is successful in the stands they will the buck the trend of every other professional sports franchise in the state of Florida

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 23, 2014, 01:08:46 PM »
Third kit:

Away kit:

:thumbs:

Offline Nick Florences Beard

• Low BBIQ, Med FBIQ
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 23, 2014, 01:16:32 PM »
i hate chicago more than chivas fwiw

not even gE'ing here.  they are an awful franchise

The ownership in Chicago is pretty terrible, but they're not close to as bad as Chivas. DC United is seriously hurting too.

Can't all be as studly as SKC ownership.
Not very good at this BBS'in thing.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 23, 2014, 01:16:44 PM »
The away kit is similar to the Fire one.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 23, 2014, 01:31:26 PM »
The away kit is similar to the Fire one.

Except Portland's doesn't look like dogshit. :thumbs:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 23, 2014, 01:31:46 PM »
i hate chicago more than chivas fwiw

not even gE'ing here.  they are an awful franchise

The ownership in Chicago is pretty terrible, but they're not close to as bad as Chivas. DC United is seriously hurting too.

Can't all be as studly as SKC ownership.

Portland tho

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 24, 2014, 10:32:04 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ac9q4esA8mk

Cruz Azul with another howler

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: February 24, 2014, 10:39:30 AM »
my goodness sakes

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 24, 2014, 10:49:32 AM »
Always enjoyed Timbers, probably because they hate Seattle 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 24, 2014, 11:43:38 AM »
Always enjoyed Timbers, probably because they hate Seattle

My second favorite team. Third is Colorado/New England (just because of the young talent).

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 24, 2014, 11:50:06 AM »
over 500 away tickets requested for the away game @ Colorado which is on a Saturday.....I'm considering going..

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 24, 2014, 11:53:41 AM »
over 500 away tickets requested for the away game @ Colorado which is on a Saturday.....I'm considering going..

This has been on my list of possible away games. Also considering it. I think Chicago is going to be most likely. The Sunday after finals week.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 24, 2014, 11:54:36 AM »

This has been on my list of possible away games. Also considering it. I think Chicago is going to be most likely. The Sunday after finals week.

graduation 4 me :(

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 24, 2014, 11:55:53 AM »

That sucks. I'll see if I can make Colorado happen. Money may be an issue.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 24, 2014, 12:40:26 PM »

Is the Cauldron doing a bus to CO?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 24, 2014, 12:44:01 PM »

Is the Cauldron doing a bus to CO?

Idk. I would imagine so.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 24, 2014, 01:26:46 PM »
I think so. I think they were saying ~$100 for a bus ticket (includes kegs and lunch)