Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 656572 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #575 on: February 06, 2014, 11:31:36 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again but a stadium close to downtown Boston would be a colossal waste of money.

Do you think a SS Stadium somewhere else in the area would "fix" the Revolution?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #576 on: February 07, 2014, 03:07:18 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again but a stadium close to downtown Boston would be a colossal waste of money.

If true Boston doesn't deserve a team then.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 07, 2014, 08:30:29 AM »
Julio Cesar (as in the former Inter Milan and current QPR keeper) to TFC according to reports.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 07, 2014, 08:34:47 AM »
Julio Cesar (as in the former Inter Milan and current QPR keeper) to TFC according to reports.

Toronto better fill their damn stadium this year.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 07, 2014, 08:35:33 AM »

Toronto better fill their damn stadium this year.

They absolutely will. And they'll probably be 4th or 5th in the East.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 07, 2014, 08:40:14 AM »
Quote from: Steven Goff ?@SoccerInsider  43s
ICYMI: Spain vs. El Salvador, D.C. United vs. Crew doubleheader at FedEx Field? Hmm. Let's connect the dots: http://ow.ly/tn7KL

they used to do double header games with big time clubs or a national game after MLS games all the time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 07, 2014, 08:50:26 AM »

Do you think a SS Stadium somewhere else in the area would "fix" the Revolution?

IF it would work the stadium would have to be in Lexington or the Brookline/Newton area, possibly the western suburbs called metro west. But I've gotta tell you guys, I lived in the KC area during the early years of the Wiz, I lived in Dallas during the Burn era, and lived in Boston during the years when they went to back-to-back-to-back MLS Cups and not only did Boston have the least amount of buzz for the team but the Revs were only mentioned by the local sports media when they were being mocked. The saving grace is they have really good tv and radio deals, much better than SKC although I have no idea what their ratings look like.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 07, 2014, 08:53:34 AM »

IF it would work the stadium would have to be in Lexington or the Brookline/Newton area, possibly the western suburbs called metro west. But I've gotta tell you guys, I lived in the KC area during the early years of the Wiz, I lived in Dallas during the Burn era, and lived in Boston during the years when they went to back-to-back-to-back MLS Cups and not only did Boston have the least amount of buzz for the team but the Revs were only mentioned by the local sports media when they were being mocked. The saving grace is they have really good tv and radio deals, much better than SKC although I have no idea what their ratings look like.

#freetherevs #revs2stl

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 07, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »

TV is huge. Also, I find it shocking that they can't get fans even when they're good. They're a striker away from being a consistent playoff team. They're talented and very very young. So they should only get better. They will probably take a small step back this season because they lost Agudelo. Only strikers are Charlie Davies (he's dogshit), Patrick Mullins (rookie), Jerry Bengston (barely played last season), and Dimitry Imbongo (didn't score too many goals last season and led the league in red cards. Saer Sene is good, but they play him out wide. Same with Diego Fagundez.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 07, 2014, 02:04:07 PM »

Kurtis Larson ?@KurtLarSUN  14m
The @TheTorontoSun has learned Brazilian international goalkeeper Julio Cesar is set to join Toronto FC.

Offline Nick Florences Beard

• Low BBIQ, Med FBIQ
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 07, 2014, 02:16:51 PM »

The @TheTorontoSun has learned Brazilian international goalkeeper Julio Cesar is set to join Toronto FC.

Toronto sure is acquiring some big names. I think I will go to the Toronto game in KC.
Not very good at this BBS'in thing.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 07, 2014, 02:18:18 PM »

Toronto sure is acquiring some big names. I think I will go to the Toronto game in KC.

I will too because season ticket member. :gocho:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 07, 2014, 02:32:02 PM »
Sporting Kansas City ?@SportingKC  32s
#SportingKC starting XI vs @IndyEleven: Kronberg; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Nagamura, Rosell, Feilhaber; Zusi, Bieler, Sapong. #MLS

This will be the starting XI game 1 v. Seattle. I'd bet a lot of money.

Also, this game v. Indy isn't streamed.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2014, 02:39:58 PM »
Andy Edwards ?@AndyEdMLS  2m
@BradShapiroKC people forget that Bieler was hurt for most of that time that he was missing. And that Dwyer only scored 3 goals in 21 games.

People are such dorks for thinking Dom is better. :jerk:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 07, 2014, 02:42:21 PM »
I like Dom but v overrated by our fanbase.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 07, 2014, 02:44:51 PM »
i would be curious to see how TFC's payroll looks :sdeek:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 07, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »

Seriously. Bieler is the mother rough ridin' DP. He was the leading scorer last season with ten goals. KEI was our second leading scorer. Kei. Next was Zusi. Dom had 3 rough ridin' goals. 3. He's very good, but he'll always be the second option to Claudio. I think whatever tension there was between PV and Bieler is in the past. He will score 15 or more goals this season. Feel free to bookmark this post.

I'm very interested to see what happens with Teal. Honestly, I'll take an in-form Teal over an in-form Dom. Last season, the problem was Teal wasn't in-form ever because of the injury and lack of playing time.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 07, 2014, 02:47:08 PM »

Well, Cesar won't be a DP. I bet he doesn't make much more than a few hundred thousand. That's what Feilhaber makes.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 07, 2014, 02:54:09 PM »

Well, Cesar won't be a DP. I bet he doesn't make much more than a few hundred thousand. That's what Feilhaber makes.

haven't looked at last year's salaries, but seems like that'd be a decent chunk of change in addition to michael bradley, gilberto (dp), defoe (dp), laba (dp), derosario, etc   

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 07, 2014, 02:59:47 PM »

haven't looked at last year's salaries, but seems like that'd be a decent chunk of change in addition to michael bradley, gilberto (dp), defoe (dp), laba (dp), derosario, etc

I think it goes something like this. For every DP, you lose 350k of salary cap to pay the rest of the team. So that's roughly a million bucks. I think the salary cap is 3 million or something, so that leaves 2 million to pay the rest of the team. Also, Laba and Rey will not be DPs this season.  Only Gilberto, Defoe, and Bradley. Doubt DeRo makes too much money. He's 35 and slowing down a lot.

I will be very interested to see TFC's salaries when they're released by the player's association thingy.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 07, 2014, 03:00:52 PM »
:thumbs:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 07, 2014, 03:06:34 PM »
SKC Gameday ?@SKCgameday  1m
1' And just like that, @IndyEleven strikes less than 20 seconds into the match to take the early 1-0 lead. What a start and what a finish!

wtf

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 07, 2014, 03:08:02 PM »
1' And just like that, @IndyEleven strikes less than 20 seconds into the match to take the early 1-0 lead. What a start and what a finish!

wtf

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/24/jesus-navas-scores-13-seconds-in-as-city-lead-1-0-at-home/

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 07, 2014, 03:09:54 PM »

wtf

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/24/jesus-navas-scores-13-seconds-in-as-city-lead-1-0-at-home/

That wasn't this fast tho: http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2013/10/20/goal-tim-cahill-scores-fastest-goal-mls-history

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 07, 2014, 03:21:43 PM »

Seriously. Bieler is the mother rough ridin' DP. He was the leading scorer last season with ten goals. KEI was our second leading scorer. Kei. Next was Zusi. Dom had 3 rough ridin' goals. 3. He's very good, but he'll always be the second option to Claudio. I think whatever tension there was between PV and Bieler is in the past. He will score 15 or more goals this season. Feel free to bookmark this post.

I'm very interested to see what happens with Teal. Honestly, I'll take an in-form Teal over an in-form Dom. Last season, the problem was Teal wasn't in-form ever because of the injury and lack of playing time.

In form Teal would mean a big payday for SKC.