Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657045 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #500 on: February 05, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »
Ives Galarcep ?@SoccerByIves  50s
Kreis: NYC FC can take four Man City players on loan: http://bit.ly/1jgFtCG

NYCFC is going to become the second most isolating team in MLS history. It is a mistake going down the road as MC lite. They better build a boss ass stadium inside the metro and become a super club otherwise you're isolating a lot of non-MLS fans who don't like City.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #501 on: February 05, 2014, 04:15:28 PM »

NYCFC is going to become the second most isolating team in MLS history. It is a mistake going down the road as MC lite. They better build a boss ass stadium inside the metro and become a super club otherwise you're isolating a lot of non-MLS fans who don't like City.

They'll probably be players like Luca Scapuzzi fwiw. Can't imagine tons of non-City fans know who that is.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 05, 2014, 04:22:30 PM »
Becks basically said he's had lots of phone calls from great players that he used to play with wondering when they team will enter the league and they can come over. :Wha:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 05, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »

They'll probably be players like Luca Scapuzzi fwiw. Can't imagine tons of non-City fans know who that is.

Not saying they will be getting big time players on loan, I'm just saying the way they're aligning themselves and the way it looks like they are going to brand themselves they are isolating themselves from non-city fans that have an EPL team.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 05, 2014, 04:26:08 PM »

Not saying they will be getting big time players on loan, I'm just saying the way they're aligning themselves and the way it looks like they are going to brand themselves they are isolating themselves from non-city fans that have an EPL team.

Agreed. I think they should have a completely separate brand. No light blue.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 05, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »

They are going to be the same blue. Also everything I have said in this thread goes for the rumor of the LA gunners proposal.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 05, 2014, 04:38:51 PM »

They are going to be the same blue. Also everything I have said in this thread goes for the rumor of the LA gunners proposal.

Agreed, but at least Arsenal is extremely popular here. Probably the second most popular EPL club in the US behind United. They really should have their own identities though, and I think fear that they won't is warranted.

Offline Nick Florences Beard

• Low BBIQ, Med FBIQ
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 05, 2014, 06:00:02 PM »
I'm terrible at fantasy soccer but I'll join so Tobias has someone to beat.
Not very good at this BBS'in thing.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 05, 2014, 06:00:50 PM »
sunny_cat
Tobias
scottwildcat
Nick Florences Beard

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 05, 2014, 06:01:36 PM »

you know enough to know you're terrible at it so you're basically guaranteed to kick my ass :emawkid:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: February 05, 2014, 06:02:29 PM »
Not that preseason MLS is exciting to watch by any means, but Michael Bradley is about to make his TFC debut: http://www.mlssoccer.com/live

EDIT: No audio yet, and you can't rough ridin' see. Looks like some awful fog. :flush:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:07:04 PM by sunny_cat »

• Low BBIQ, Med FBIQ
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 05, 2014, 06:25:12 PM »

you know enough to know you're terrible at it so you're basically guaranteed to kick my ass :emawkid:

Maybe not knowing is better, like how the office bball bracket is won by the woman that picks the games based on the mascots or team colors.  :thumbs:

Putting my team together now. Couldn't resist putting Zusi in.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 05, 2014, 06:29:08 PM »

Maybe not knowing is better, like how the office bball bracket is won by the woman that picks the games based on the mascots or team colors.  :thumbs:

Putting my team together now. Couldn't resist putting Zusi in.

Zusi is a great fantasy player, but I didn't spend big money on any one player yet. Him, Collin, Wallace, and Valeri drove my team to victory all last season. Now, they're too expensive. Wallace was great last season because he was a defender on fantasy and actually played left winger and scored lots of goals and had lots of assists.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 05, 2014, 06:30:45 PM »
Only SKC player I have at the moment is Soony, and I'm not going to start him week 1.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 05, 2014, 07:17:41 PM »
My current team is high priced starters and minimum priced guys in the backup roles  :gocho:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 05, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »
My current team is high priced starters and minimum priced guys in the backup roles  :gocho:

Good luck with that. Those players who don't ever plays' values will go down. It's all about growing your team value.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 05, 2014, 07:24:58 PM »

Good luck

Thanks man!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 05, 2014, 07:25:16 PM »
:lol:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 05, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »
i'll probably pick by colors or "no soccer ball logo" or something like that ;)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 05, 2014, 07:27:34 PM »
i'll probably pick by colors or "no soccer ball logo" or something like that ;)

:thumbs:

• Low BBIQ, Med FBIQ
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 05, 2014, 07:36:17 PM »
I sacrificed one back-up spot each at D, M and F. At first I had a really balanced team but then made some changes because I really wanted a couple total studs. Still not sure out of Higuain and Magee who I will end up going with. Zusi is my captain.  :love:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 05, 2014, 08:31:39 PM »
So, we have four, so I'm going to go ahead and create a head-to-head league assuming we'll get some more people. I'll come back and post details when I'm done.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 05, 2014, 08:36:22 PM »
League name is "goEMAW."

Code: 256-302

Just click "Create or Join Leagues" and enter the code.

• Low BBIQ, Med FBIQ
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 05, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »
Joined.

Hopefully it gets up to at least 8 people.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 05, 2014, 09:16:44 PM »
thanks for setting this up s_c :thumbs: