Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 655985 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
LOL the Jamaican kid Vancouver took 7th overall signed with the NY Cosmos today (NASL). That blows for Vancouver.

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4175/major-league-soccer/2014/01/17/4551561/first-round-mls-draft-pick-lewis-signs-with-cosmos?ICID=HP_BN_1

bahahahahaha

Whitecaps just tweeted Lewis is a member of Vancouver and signed with MLS. This is getting interesting.

Andre Lewis ?@AndreLewis_LA 1h
@whitecapsFC I'm excited about my future at the whitecaps FC, looking forward to meeting all the supporters soon.
:confused:

Jeff Carlisle ?@JeffreyCarlisle 5m
Hearing that Andre Lewis is indeed a NY Cosmos player, but #MLS has agr w/Cosmos that #vwfc can get Lewis via loan/transfer if it wants him.
Bitch move by the Cosmos.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:59:08 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Ben Jata ?@Ben_Jata 50s
Source: DC had agreement w/ Vancouver for No.1 pick pre-draft, but swapped with Philadelphia instead last minute. #SuperDraft

Everyone giving Vancouver blue balls. Good grief.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I didn't hear this, but Dave Borchardt just said on the Sporting KC Show (one 810 right now) that PV came out and said Collin will for sure be back this season.

Chance Myers still hasn't re-signed. He's rumored to have been flirting with Championship teams in England, but he'll probably be back.

EDIT: Peter doesn't seem super confident that we'll re-sign him. That's just my opinion though. Makes it sound like 50-50.

Borchardt asked him about Espinoza. He's not shooting it down but doesn't act like it's on the horizon. I really think we should go after him honestly. He needs games in this World Cup year, and we need midfield depth. We have Uri, Olum, Naga, Benny, and Joseph (Zusi doesn't count anymore). 5 players for 3 spots. Not enough especially when we have so many competitions and Nagamura has injury issues.

Andy Edwards ?@AndyEdMLS 52s
Vermes: "[Michael Bradley] is a guy we went after extremely heavily." #SportingKC

He hinted at getting depth in the midfield. They're (Andy Edwards) saying it's a name from Europe that we will know. :surprised:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:44:53 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ITS LAMPARD

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
ITS LAMPARD

Tbh, that was literally the first name that came to mind, but there's no way he comes here. I want to say Jermaine Jones, but, again, Robb said there's no interest.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ITS LAMPARD

Tbh, that was literally the first name that came to mind, but there's no way he comes here. I want to say Jermaine Jones, but, again, Robb said there's no interest.

yeah, he is LA bound if he is coming to MLS.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
it's hard to recruit to kansas city

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
ITS LAMPARD

yeah, he is LA bound if he is coming to MLS.

Probably, but I can see him going to NYCFC or RBNY too. The Galaxy would be dumbasses to let Keane or Donovan go, especially in the next 2-3 years. Omar signed his DP contract, and may be the most important player on that roster. Maybe they add a fourth DP slot. Otherwise, doesn't seem like Lampard would fit. He's already 35. Would be stupid imo to take him when he's 37/38. Who knows though? Maybe he's still going strong then.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Definitely truth to this, but we were close to getting MB. I don't think it's going to be impossible for very much longer to get a "star." Will we ever get a Cristiano Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic? No. Never. But we could get a player like Bradley or Jermaine Jones. It's possible at least imo.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Definitely truth to this, but we were close to getting MB. I don't think it's going to be impossible for very much longer to get a "star." Will we ever get a Cristiano Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic? No. Never. But we could get a player like Bradley or Jermaine Jones. It's possible at least imo.

agreed - i was halfway joking but there's some truth to it.  we're much more conducive to a 5-star "american homecoming" than a bonafide euro stud looking for a couple year paid vacation in the US

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

agreed - i was halfway joking but there's some truth to it.  we're much more conducive to a 5-star "american homecoming" than a bonafide euro stud looking for a couple year paid vacation in the US

Whether you were joking or not, it's pretty much fact that we can't ever get a player like Ronaldo imo. They will always go to NY/LA. The slightly lesser stars will go to Toronto/Seattle/etc. And yeah, we could get some American that realizes how stud our stadium/fans/ownership group are.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Andy Edwards ?@AndyEdMLS 2m
Vermes, on Chance Myers contract negotiations: "We want him to come back. We've made him an offer. It's now between him and his agent."

Andy Edwards ?@AndyEdMLS 2m
Vermes on CM (cont'd): "Players, based on their performances want to continue to make more money, and I understand that, but when you're in a salary cap [league], there's only so much that can go around. I think we've made a fair offer, I really do, now it's a matter of whether they want to accept it and stay here. We've seen players come and go. There's been a lot of players that have moved on, some very good ones obviously. As players move out, there's other players we've been working with to get ready for their opportunity.

(I combined several tweets.)

EDIT: http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2014/01/vermes-candid-2014-campaign-during-special-pre-season-edition-sporting-kc-show
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:29:30 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
so basically we're just waiting to see if he gets a halfway decent offer in england?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
so basically we're just waiting to see if he gets a halfway decent offer in england?

Chance? Yeah, I guess so. Here's my thoughts on him. He's one of the most important players on the team in terms of how we play. Successful attacking fullbacks are a major part of Vermes' system. Also, as mentioned on WHB, there are two positions on USMNT that don't have solidified starters: LB and RB. I honestly think Chance has an outside of making the roster if he turns some heads in this January camp. Not many natural right backs to choose from. Staying in KC for at least another season to get a guaranteed 90 minutes every game is only going to help his WC chances.

Unrelated, but Seth also has a legitimate outside shot at Brazil imo.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Sporting Style just tweeted a reminder that there will be a new secondary kit this season. :excited:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sporting Style just tweeted a reminder that there will be a new secondary kit this season. :excited:

pretty excited. will be interested to see if they go indigo for the color again or use it to add a new color to the scheme.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Emmanuel Quispe ?@emaquix 1m
#SKC | Argentine FW CLAUDIO BIELER traveled to USA from Buenos Aires last night to join #SportingKC Pre-Season | #MLS

:Woot:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Grant Wahl just tweeted SKC turned down a $1 million bid for Erik Palmer-Brown, our 16 year old homegrown defender. :sdeek:

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
Grant Wahl just tweeted SKC turned down a $1 million bid for Erik Palmer-Brown, our 16 year old homegrown defender. :sdeek:

:kstategrad:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well that's crazy.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
Yeah, I heard about that.  Very crazy.  Has anyone seen the kid play?  Is he that good?

If so.. :drool:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Yeah, I heard about that.  Very crazy.  Has anyone seen the kid play?  Is he that good?

If so.. :drool:

No appearances for the senior team. Has played with USA U18s and trained with U20s. Lots of potential. If/when we sell him, it'll be more than a million bucks.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Edu to Union is official.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
@SoccerInsider just tweeted Juventus' offer for EPB was nowhere near $1m.