Author Topic: Self: "I would strongly discourage him (Aldrich) from coming back"  (Read 17705 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: Self: "I would strongly discourage him (Aldrich) from coming back"
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2010, 05:52:28 PM »
Gurley on with Kietz shredding Cole's offensive game and also knocking X. Henry.

It is tru you can never go back.  The second you tell Self you are leaving he burns you down, and his people do it too.

Gurley just said, "If they're (NBA) gonna take you, and they're gonna pay you, go."

Are we living in an alternate universe or something?

:confused:

it would appear we are living in one where somehow you got into college without being able to read even simple sentences.

I must be dreaming... I thought you implied Gurley was tearing apart Aldrich for leaving KU. 

No, you just aren't very quick.

He was tearing apart his offensive game, as I obviously said in the first part of my post.  I can see why you prefer to beat KSU in the regular season as opposed to advanceing past the first round of the NCAA tornament.

Let me rephrase...  You implied Gurley was tearing apart Aldrich's offensive game because he was leaving KU.  Hence the whole "the second you tell Self you are leaving he burns you down, and his people do it too."

Offline Louises West

• WannaBe'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »
Ben is one of those kinds of kids who believes everything that comes out of the mouth of people at ku.

Sad how gullible some people are.

IIRC, aren't you a republican?  HYPOCRITE

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2010, 06:03:38 PM »
So wait, you want us to applaud Self for saying "Good for Cole to leave now" after Cole already made up his mind.  If he knew Cole was leaving last year, why would he say in the X-Henry piece "Leaving early might not be best for Cole?"  He was still trying to convince Cole to stay.  See the post that Pete made after the UNI loss about Self talking him into staying.  I have a friend who works on the team who told me that Self tried to talk him into staying before they all left the locker room.

Self is such a selfish ass.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2010, 06:03:42 PM »
If Self knew over a year ago that Cole would be gone this year, Cole should have gone a year ago.  No way you can argue that, really.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2010, 06:15:51 PM »
If Self knew over a year ago that Cole would be gone this year, Cole should have gone a year ago.  No way you can argue that, really.

Argue what?  Cole wanted to return to KU for his junior season.  There's nothing to argue.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2010, 06:20:43 PM »
If Self knew over a year ago that Cole would be gone this year, Cole should have gone a year ago.  No way you can argue that, really.

Argue what?  Cole wanted to return to KU for his junior season.  There's nothing to argue.

If you're 100% sure that's the case, then his coach gave him poor advice.  No way you can argue that, really.

catzacker

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2010, 06:41:51 PM »

If you're 100% sure that's the case, then his coach gave him poor advice.  No way you can argue that, really.

I think what we all can agree on is that Self couldn't give a sh*t less about what's best for his players.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2010, 08:49:46 PM »
Ben is one of those kinds of kids who believes everything that comes out of the mouth of people at ku.

Sad how gullible some people are.

IIRC, aren't you a republican?  HYPOCRITE

For chrissake, coolhawks.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2010, 09:34:06 PM »
Gurley on with Kietz shredding Cole's offensive game and also knocking X. Henry.

It is tru you can never go back.  The second you tell Self you are leaving he burns you down, and his people do it too.

Gurley just said, "If they're (NBA) gonna take you, and they're gonna pay you, go."

Are we living in an alternate universe or something?

:confused:

it would appear we are living in one where somehow you got into college without being able to read even simple sentences.

I must be dreaming... I thought you implied Gurley was tearing apart Aldrich for leaving KU. 

No, you just aren't very quick.

He was tearing apart his offensive game, as I obviously said in the first part of my post.  I can see why you prefer to beat KSU in the regular season as opposed to advanceing past the first round of the NCAA tornament.

Let me rephrase...  You implied Gurley was tearing apart Aldrich's offensive game because he was leaving KU.  Hence the whole "the second you tell Self you are leaving he burns you down, and his people do it too."

The day Cole announced, Gurley is on 810 trashing Cole's offensive game.  This is a fact.  His comments about going to the NBA are ridiculous considering the NBA was going to take Cole and was paying last year.

LOL at Self's hit squads.

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »

translation:  i'm throwing in the towel, this kid cannot be coached ruined.
FYP

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2010, 10:14:58 PM »
The only reason Seff attempted to make it seem like he wanted a player to go was for damage control from the YT vid and the perception on the cruiting trail that he holds kids back.  Or, he's racist and only promotes/pushes white kids.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2010, 10:22:15 PM »
Watching him when X leaves will be hilarious.

Did anyone hear Self's forced/overly boisterous laugh when Cole pointed out that Morningstar is probably the oldest man on any campus in America?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2010, 10:40:15 PM »
Really hate seeing Ben flail around like he has today.

Sad . . .

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2010, 10:51:05 PM »

How was it poor advice?  He's 12 hours from getting his degree, which would be a first for his family.  Aldrich is projected to go lottery, just like he was in last year's draft.

:dunno:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2010, 10:52:33 PM »

Yeah but he was also really close to making like 10 million dollars

How was it poor advice?  He's 12 hours from getting his degree, which would be a first for his family.  Aldrich is projected to go lottery, just like he was in last year's draft.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2010, 11:02:12 PM »

It's poor advice because he was a lottery last year, like you admitted.  Unbelievably stupid.  Sure, he cost himself millions of dollars, but he's only 12 hours away from that precious degree!  :lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2010, 11:04:12 PM »

Being 12 hours from a degree means you have no rough ridin' degree.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2010, 11:05:38 PM »

It's poor advice because he was a lottery last year, like you admitted.  Unbelievably stupid.  Sure, he cost himself millions of dollars, but he's only 12 hours away from that precious degree!  :lol:

A ku degree.  I might let him roof my lake house.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2010, 11:08:29 PM »

KU fans say the exact same thing about K-State.  There's really not much difference between either school. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2010, 11:10:13 PM »

KU fans say the exact same thing about K-State.  There's really not much difference between either school. 

ku fans are copying us?

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »
Funny crap. A couple of KU fans that I am friends with on FB said that they just saw a commercial of adult swim's next episode and I guess they made fun of KU's loss to UNI and called them a bunch of wheat eaters. Would LOVE to see that. Exact quote....

just saw a commercial on adult swim hating on KU for losing to UNI....wtf

Offline iCat Pro

• Fan
  • some say... he only eats pickled vegetables
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2010, 07:31:09 AM »
He would have gone so much higher had he left last season.  What a god damn slave driver.   :cry:

www.draftexpress.com

1   Nets    John Wall PG
Kentucky, Freshman
2   Timberwolves    Evan Turner SG/SF
Ohio State, Junior
3   Warriors    DeMarcus Cousins C
Kentucky, Freshman
4   Pacers    Derrick Favors PF/C
Georgia Tech, Freshman
5   Wizards    Al-Farouq Aminu SF/PF
Wake Forest, Sophomore
6   Pistons    Cole Aldrich C
Kansas, Junior

7   76ers    Ed Davis PF
North Carolina, Sophomore
8   Kings    Wesley Johnson SF/PF
Syracuse, Junior
9   Jazz    Greg Monroe PF/C
Georgetown, Sophomore
10   Clippers    Patrick Patterson PF
Kentucky, Junior
11   Bulls    Jan Vesely SF
KK Partizan Belgrade, International
12   Hornets    Donatas Motiejunas PF/C
Benetton Treviso, International
13   Grizzlies    Ekpe Udoh PF/C
Baylor, Junior
14   Rockets    Xavier Henry SG
Kansas, Freshman

Which one of these guys does Aldrich beat out for 5th in the '09 NBA Draft, Steve?

1.  Blake Griffin
2.  Hasheem Thabeet
3.  James Harden
4.  Tyreke Evans
5.  Ricky Rubio

We all know (or at least any of us who have ever paid attention to the NBA draft and/or read a Bill Simmons column) that with all the trades and movements, the draft is a total crapshoot.  Nobody knew how it would go down last year after Griffin and Thabeet.  Nobody knows how it will go down this year after Wall, Turner and Cousins.  If Aldrich ends up top 10 this year, I'll be stunned.  Bottom line- Cole cost himself a year of amazing salary by staying for an extra year.  He may have been drafted a few spots higher or a few spots lower last year.  Doesn't matter.  The difference is that he didn't get paid (by the NBA) for 2009-2010 and he'll never get that $$$ back (legally). 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2010, 09:18:41 AM »

Diff is in departments not overall uni.

For instance, our Eng dept smokes yours.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2010, 09:29:03 AM »
BMW- getting owned again.
EMAW

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2010, 09:41:10 AM »
BMW- getting owned again.

In fairness to beems, Self doesn't make it easy on anyone defending ku.  He does/says some really crappy stuff when it comes to any player leaving early.  The Cole fiasco was bad but no worse than anything before.  Bill, if you knew Cole was leaving a year ago, why tell the media it might be best for him to stay only a week ago?  Pretty F'ed up to drag the kid down.