Author Topic: "Data"Lew12's 2013 Offense Statistical Nuggets  (Read 3946 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Data"Lew12's 2013 Offense Statistical Nuggets
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »
our offense was not good (and it wasn't good last year either so WGAF how it compared to last year)

What is your measure of good offense?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2013, 07:36:05 PM »
our offense was not good (and it wasn't good last year either so WGAF how it compared to last year)

:dubious:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2013, 07:38:48 PM »

:dubious:

I'm just curious.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2013, 07:39:48 PM »
our offense was ridiculous last year. No way we should have expected it to get any better.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2013, 07:47:35 PM »
Well, we've got 20 days to get it right.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2013, 07:51:24 PM »

Well, for starters an offense should be dominant in at least one phase of the game (running or passing), I wouldn't consider us dominant at either (not this year or last).  Our offense is inept anytime face a defense with a pulse.  I know everyone wants to pretend like we were an amazing team last year but we got physically dominated by the two best teams that we played.  Anyone who wouldn't argue differently is delusional.  We were great against mediocre teams and awful against good teams.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2013, 08:01:21 PM »

Well, for starters an offense should be dominant in at least one phase of the game (running or passing), I wouldn't consider us dominant at either (not this year or last).  Our offense is inept anytime face a defense with a pulse.  I know everyone wants to pretend like we were an amazing team last year but we got physically dominated by the two best teams that we played.  Anyone who wouldn't argue differently is delusional.  We were great against mediocre teams and awful against good teams.
The 2012 co-champions of the Big XII was a mediocre team???  :sdeek:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »
Using the site fan posted,

Defense:
2012 - 10th
2013 - 50th

Offense:
2012 - 21st
2013 - 23rd

Special Teams:
2012 - 1st
2013 - 23rd

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2013, 08:02:59 PM »

The 2012 co-champions of the Big XII was a mediocre team???  :sdeek:

did you watch the cotton bowl?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2013, 08:06:06 PM »
They played in the fiesta bowl. :confused:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2013, 08:06:50 PM »
we've got plenty of time to work on the hubes wildcat

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2013, 08:23:20 PM »

OU played in the cotton bowl dumbass

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2013, 08:31:39 PM »

OU played in the cotton bowl dumbass
Yeah I know, dumbass. They lost to the heirs man winner who took down bama. :flush:

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 01:16:42 AM »
I can tell you right now I loved these nuggets datalew. And what's even better is that they were #noboner nuggets. Not those filthy one or 2 boner.

catzacker

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 06:01:54 AM »

kind of have to agree with this.  except the best we faced was Oregon. Then probably OU, then...Baylor?  So we were 1-2 in those games (all road/neutral).  I think of KSU as the Oakland A's.  Their strength is that they are consistently good throughout a season which lends itself to a good/above good record, but when we have to face top level teams/talent (i.e. the MLB playoffs) , we will lose.  This is because bill gets his ass completely destroyed in recruiting.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 07:04:15 AM »
I am amused by the lengths many of our fans will go to discredit this year's offensive stats because they don't like the QB who got more snaps. The main reason I became #teamfence as this season went along was because of the production this team on offense with both.

The problem with this position is you don't seem to acknowledge that the offense could have been any better. I can acknowledge the offense was pretty good, but I think it could have been much better than last years' if the QB situation was handled differently.

It certainly could have been better. I think there is good chance it could have been about the same or worse.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 07:15:07 AM »

kind of have to agree with this.  except the best we faced was Oregon. Then probably OU, then...Baylor?  So we were 1-2 in those games (all road/neutral).  I think of KSU as the Oakland A's.  Their strength is that they are consistently good throughout a season which lends itself to a good/above good record, but when we have to face top level teams/talent (i.e. the MLB playoffs) , we will lose.  This is because bill gets his ass completely destroyed in recruiting.

Everyone has shitty records against top level teams. I mean, even Oregon and Oklahoma that you cited did last year.