Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder talks recruiting!  (Read 11511 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: LHC Bill Snyder talks recruiting!
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2010, 05:05:48 PM »
There is absolutely no reason to believe that we'll be an above .500 team this season.

Really, you don't think we can squeeze 6 wins out of that schedule?

UCLA       L
Mizzou State    W
Iowa State      Toss up
Central Florida    Toss up
Nebraska     L
@KU     Toss  up
@Baylor    L
Oklahoma State     L
Texas     L
@ Mizzou     L
@Colorado    Toss up
@North Texas     Toss up

We could be 6-6, maybe.  That's not above .500, like I said, though.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2010, 05:06:39 PM »
Tougher sched than last year, and it took a miracle to get 6 wins.

Is it impossible? No, but an above .500 record would be an over-achievement worthy of Big COY.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2010, 05:23:15 PM »
There is absolutely no reason to believe that we'll be an above .500 team this season.

UCLA       L
Mizzou State    W
Iowa State      Toss up
Nebraska     L
@KU     Toss  up
@Baylor    L
Oklahoma State     L
Texas     L
@ Mizzou     L
@Colorado    Toss up
@North Texas     Toss up

You really think Baylor and OSU are losses? Do you realize that OSU lost almost their entire starting lineup from last season?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2010, 05:26:38 PM »

UCLA       L
Mizzou State    W
Iowa State      Toss up
Nebraska     L
@KU     Toss  up
@Baylor    L
Oklahoma State     L
Texas     L
@ Mizzou     L
@Colorado    Toss up
@North Texas     Toss up

You really think Baylor and OSU are losses? Do you realize that OSU lost almost their entire starting lineup from last season?
Baylor is on the road.

Okie State will still probably be favored, how could they not?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2010, 05:34:25 PM »
Tougher sched than last year, and it took a miracle to get 6 wins.

Is it impossible? No, but an above .500 record would be an over-achievement worthy of Big COY.

Really? Maybe I'm just not paying attention to other teams, but I don't think anyone (but us) would be that impressed with home wins over a 6-6 UCLA team,  a 6-6 Iowa State team, an 8-4 UCF team, a depleted Okie State and Mizzou State.

I mean, I guess we're scared of roadies because of the ULL loss, but what other road game should Snyder v2.0 have won last year? Baylor's "scary" because of Griffith, but went 4-8 (1-7) without him. And calling 2-10 UNT a toss-up is just being willfully pessimistic.

I'm not saying we will win 6+, I'm just saying 6-7 wins wouldn't be all that impressive.  :dunno: (would still be  :ksu: for me though)
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »
6 gets us pinstriping.  This must be the goal.  Must be. 

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2010, 06:04:58 PM »
I don't like going on the road to play Sun Belt teams <Pretty sure this isn't the argument everyone else is having but I got tired of reading about our shitty football team

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2010, 06:05:18 PM »

I'm def on board with this new mantra. Would love an east coast cats game.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2010, 06:15:22 PM »
ULL's kicker hit a career-long FG in the rain to beat us at the last second with fracking Carson Coffman at QB. It's not like we're regularly getting trounced by Sun Belt teams.

I was totally agreeing with felix, then I realized that he just came up with a moral victory against Louisiana freaking Lafayette.  Not felix's fault at all, but good god.   :embarrassed:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2010, 06:40:48 PM »
ULL's kicker hit a career-long FG in the rain to beat us at the last second with fracking Carson Coffman at QB. It's not like we're regularly getting trounced by Sun Belt teams.

I was totally agreeing with felix, then I realized that he just came up with a moral victory against Louisiana freaking Lafayette.  Not felix's fault at all, but good god.   :embarrassed:

Def not a moral victory. Just saying it's not like we got "trounced." New coach,  entirely new offensive strategy and shitty QB in second game of the year. It's just ridiculous to keep pointing to that one game as us getting beat down by Sun Belt teams.

I mean, we'd easily finish in the top third of the Sun Belt...

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2010, 07:22:25 PM »

I live an hour from Stillwater...they aren't losing much/if anything as far as talent.  They might have lost some leadership, but that remains to be seen.  Either way, they're still better talent-wise than us.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2010, 09:30:29 PM »
I see 5 road games.  To any reasonable person, with the current state of our program, that is 5 losses.  LHC Bill Snyder 2.0 hasn't won a true road game yet.  I hope to hell we can be competitive at home, but Texas, Nebraska, and OSU are games where we will be 14+ point underdogs.

Wins we should expect (confidence factor 1  = slight favorite, 3 = overwelming favorite)
UCLA (1) [probably being way too much of a homer]
Missouri State (3)
Central Florida (1)
@North Texas (2)

Next years schedule is hard.  It could easily be a disaster with only 2 wins.

i'd be pretty surprised if we are 14 pt dogs at home to anyone.  thats a lot for a home team even in the worst of circumstances.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2010, 10:42:08 PM »

Hey SD, dust off your Tux and warm up the Starwoods points....we are going to the Big Apple!   :gocho:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2010, 05:21:18 AM »

I live an hour from Stillwater...they aren't losing much/if anything as far as talent.  They might have lost some leadership, but that remains to be seen.  Either way, they're still better talent-wise than us.

How does this help?  :dunno:

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2010, 09:54:26 AM »

Any idea on will be the QB for the Pokes? 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2010, 10:17:10 AM »

I know people.  stop making it so difficult

Brandon Weeden is their guy.  He's got a really good arm.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2010, 10:27:40 AM »

I know people.  stop making it so difficult

Brandon Weeden is their guy.  He's got a really good arm.

This sounds really convincing. I mean, I admit I was skeptical at first, but I forgot they had a 26-year old Chris Weinke baseball flameout on their team.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »
Was this the guy that came in off the bench to save the CU game? 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2010, 11:33:52 AM »
Yep. Not gonna lie. Would be all :love: if he was on the cats.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2010, 12:27:19 PM »
And michcat, you and OK should 100% behind beating enough shitty teams to get bowl eligible a few years in a row. You know what that would do?

"Calm the waters", that's what.

When you're program-building, you should always play teams a little/lot worse than you whenever you can control it. I mean, name the four non-con teams that Alabama rolled over last year? How'd that help their recruiting?
good point.
EMAW

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2010, 01:41:45 PM »
JFC, all of Snyd's interviews are the exact same. He's like a god damn robot or something.