Author Topic: Post a T-giving side or appetizer recipe I can cook easily and will blow minds  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
marinate some froz artichoke hearts in oil + shallots + lemon + light mayo + what ever herbs you like.

this sounds fine. then throw that crap in some mini filo shells and biggity bam, cf3 is the king of thanksgiving and we all party.
sounds like boss app there

it really does. good job chingon. good job daris.

Do I do anything to the 'choke hearts before we biggity bam them into those shells? Or is this a straight marinate and bake scenario?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I love me some CartierFor3 thread titles.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
bake some sort of a bread.  breads are always the best.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
Mississippi Six

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mississippi-six/

cheesy bread bowl dip that's easy to make and blows peoples minds.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Mississippi Six

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mississippi-six/

cheesy bread bowl dip that's easy to make and blows peoples minds.

That's a good option but I'm going to a gathering with like 30 people, so I'd have to make six of those to make it feasible. 

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Shouldnt @AST have something great to make?

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
Mind blowing side dishes (not appetizers) are difficult. Everyone is so loaded up on the essentials; mashed potatoes, stuffing and green bean casserole it's hard to find room on the plate for something out of the ordinary. I have also been tasked with providing a side dish (along with a dessert and a stout cocktail for the group), but not one of the ones mentioned above...I've done a cold green bean, tomato, mozzarella and fresh basil salad in the past, usually goes over well.  This year I'm thinking a "Parmesan vegetable spiral" or an onion au gratin dish. The vegy spiral looks easy, but feeding 30, you'd have to make several...check pintrest, it is a very shared pin.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
phyllo

PHYLLO

PHYLLO

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
get a long flat dish
spread like 3/4" of cream cheese on it
then slather with a layer of chili sauce
then spread a layer of lump crabmeat on top of that

scoop with triscuits or ritz or any other good cracker

!

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/corn-casserole-recipe/index.html

Corn casserole. Ridiculously good. Goes with a Thanksgiving meal. The only way you can mess it up is by eating too much of it. (It's not even a little bit healthy.)

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
CF3, I won our office dip-off and a $15.00 gift card to Starbucks with the following recipe.  It will blow your mind.

Angies Corn Dip recipe

Two blocks softened cream cheese, one chopped red pepper, 1/2 to 1 chopped jalapeno depending on your preference, two small cans finely chopped black olives, four cans sweet corn, drained, two of the dry packages of hidden valley salad and seasoning mix (don't get the ranch)  Mix all together and let sit overnight in the refrigerator before eating.  I like to eat with tortilla chips but this dip is so good that sometimes when I serve it, people just eat it with a spoon. 
@lopakman

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Mind blowing side dishes (not appetizers) are difficult. Everyone is so loaded up on the essentials; mashed potatoes, stuffing and green bean casserole it's hard to find room on the plate for something out of the ordinary. I have also been tasked with providing a side dish (along with a dessert and a stout cocktail for the group), but not one of the ones mentioned above...I've done a cold green bean, tomato, mozzarella and fresh basil salad in the past, usually goes over well.  This year I'm thinking a "Parmesan vegetable spiral" or an onion au gratin dish. The vegy spiral looks easy, but feeding 30, you'd have to make several...check pintrest, it is a very shared pin.

Post the recipe. That's the instructions I clearly gave in the thread title.

CF3, I won our office dip-off and a $15.00 gift card to Starbucks with the following recipe.  It will blow your mind.

Angies Corn Dip recipe

Two blocks softened cream cheese, one chopped red pepper, 1/2 to 1 chopped jalapeno depending on your preference, two small cans finely chopped black olives, four cans sweet corn, drained, two of the dry packages of hidden valley salad and seasoning mix (don't get the ranch)  Mix all together and let sit overnight in the refrigerator before eating.  I like to eat with tortilla chips but this dip is so good that sometimes when I serve it, people just eat it with a spoon. 

This is good, done this one before. I'm going for a hot dish though, but I like the zeal.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
phyllo

PHYLLO

PHYLLO

interchangeable. also, who else is not surprised that mikeyis4dcats popped in halfway through this thread to mikeis4dcats it up? not me.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
crab rangoons

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
bww boner wings with your most mind blowing sauce

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile

Angies Corn Dip recipe

This is good, done this one before. I'm going for a hot dish though, but I like the zeal.

Do work son, look it up yo'self.
I'm at work and can't access things with "blog" in them or pintrest...

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile

Angies Corn Dip recipe

Very well.  This dish won second place in our office dip-off. 

Hot Reuben Dip Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes

Ingredients:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
4 ounces deli sliced corned beef, chopped
½ cup Thousand Island dressing
½ cup drained sauerkraut

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of the Swiss cheese, the dressing and corned beef. Spread in a pie plate or other shallow serving dish. Top with the sauerkraut and the remaining ½ cup of Swiss cheese.

3. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Serve hot with pretzel crisps or cocktail-size rye bread squares.

@lopakman

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pitted medjool dates
Stuff with chorrizo
Wrap with bacon
Grill
Drizzle with maple syrup (optional)
You are now superchef and successful

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Brown sage sausage in skillet and strain grease
In a mixer, soften cream cheese and mix in parmesian, finely chopped chives, garlic chowder, splash of worcestershire
Add sausage to mixture
Place mixture in piping bag and set aside
Clean and destem baby bella or large button mushrooms
Put 1/2 teaspoon of chardonnay in each mushroom cavity and rub it around with your finger
Coat glass baking dish or stainless sheet with olive oil
Fill mushrooms with mixture from piping bag and put in diah or on sheet
Sprinkle with parmesian
Bake until done
You are now successful and superchef

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
1 pkg bacon
pecans
brown sugar

mix pecans and brown sugar in a food processor until uniform

Add strips of bacon and scoops of mixture one at a time to a paper bag.

Shake

Lay out bacon on a wire rack/cookie sheet, sprinkle with whatever mixture is left in the bag, bake for desired chewy/crispy-ness.

Congrats, you now have praline bacon and admiration.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Went with stuffed mushroom caps and mac and cheese bake. I used the GE M&C thread as a template. Thanks guys. Was a huge hit.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I did not find this recipe in time for Thanksgiving, but it's not too early to start planning for Christmas dinner.

Behold, the turducken of cheese balls:

http://www.chow.com/food-news/97848/how-we-made-the-turducken-of-cheese-balls/