Author Topic: SHOWDOWN: EL RUSHBO VS. THE HOLY SEE  (Read 8301 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
SHOWDOWN: EL RUSHBO VS. THE HOLY SEE
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:32:55 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: SHOWDOWN: EL RUSHBO VS. THE HOLY SEE
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:36:15 PM »
The pope's model is Argentina, that's really all you need to know to figure out who is right.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 01:36:34 PM »
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/02/rush-limbaugh-vs-the-pope/?hpt=hp_t2

Yeah, we've been talking about this in the gay marriage thread (for some reason). http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=27151.msg977171#msg977171 Rush is right.

ah, i saw that and forgot. i didn't know rush was capable of taking such an anti-religion stance. he truly is a powerhouse.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 01:37:57 PM »
The pope's model is Argentina, that's really all you need to know to figure out who is right.
but what do you think it has to do with the bible and stuff? he is making the whole matthew 19:24-thing kinda uncomfortable huh?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »
I think the pope is just taking the teachings of Christ in the bible a little bit too seriously for the right to handle.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 01:47:44 PM »
this could be pretty fantastic to watch unwind.

I mean, I am not Catholic, but isn't it their belief that the Pope speaks not for god, but with god's voice?  As in, what he says is what God says, etc?

"But regardless, what this is, somebody has either written this for him or gotten to him," Limbaugh added. "This is just pure Marxism coming out of the mouth of the Pope."

If I have my crazy belief understandings sorted out correctly, Rush just told roughly a Billion ppl that their God is a Marxist and obviously doesn't know what he is talking about.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 01:54:22 PM »
OH MY PROTESTANT GOD WE'VE GOT TO CLOSE THE BORDER IMMEDIATELY

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 01:55:40 PM »

I mean, I am not Catholic, but isn't it their belief that the Pope speaks not for god, but with god's voice?  As in, what he says is what God says, etc?

"But regardless, what this is, somebody has either written this for him or gotten to him," Limbaugh added. "This is just pure Marxism coming out of the mouth of the Pope."

If I have my crazy belief understandings sorted out correctly, Rush just told roughly a Billion ppl that their God is a Marxist and obviously doesn't know what he is talking about.

Is Rush catholic?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »
Pope Hussein Opama Francis

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 02:26:44 PM »

Is Rush catholic?

Article someone linked above says he isn't.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 02:42:26 PM »
but what do you think it has to do with the bible and stuff? he is making the whole matthew 19:24-thing kinda uncomfortable huh?

Well, in Jesus' day, the only rich people were money changers and tax collectors, or bad people. We are kind of moving back in that direction with more libs in charge, but there are still many very kind and generous rich people.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »

Well, in Jesus' day, the only rich people were money changers and tax collectors, or bad people. We are kind of moving back in that direction with more libs in charge, but there are still many very kind and generous rich people.

:D

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 02:48:26 PM »
What is going to be interesting here is that a whole lot of ppl have been on TeamRight and TeamReligion thinking it is the same team.  They may have to better define what team they are on.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 02:55:24 PM »
What is going to be interesting here is that a whole lot of ppl have been on TeamRight and TeamReligion thinking it is the same team.  They may have to better define what team they are on.

Team Old Testament Christian Fundamentalist vs Team Jesus

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »

I have a feeling TeamLibLeft and TeamLateTermAbortion will still be left out of TeamReligion.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 03:21:10 PM »

I have a feeling TeamLibLeft and TeamLateTermAbortion will still be left out of TeamReligion.

The latter for sure.  Has nothing to do with this thread though.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 03:27:52 PM »
I'm on Team Jesus, fwiw. This new pope is great. JTMHTD is correct that TLTA is most likely not going to want to ride on Team Jesus, but we would be glad to have them aboard, regardless of their personal feelings toward late term abortion.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 03:53:38 PM »
I'm on Team Jesus, fwiw. This new pope is great. JTMHTD is correct that TLTA is most likely not going to want to ride on Team Jesus, but we would be glad to have them aboard, regardless of their personal feelings toward late term abortion.

Everyone is welcome on TeamJesus, but it doesn't make them a good person just riding along.

I also like the new pope, but I'm not sure he knows any more about economics than I do.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 03:56:53 PM »

Everyone is welcome on TeamJesus, but it doesn't make them a good person just riding along.

I also like the new pope, but I'm not sure he knows any more about economics than I do.

Seems like maybe the church should be separate from the state.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »
I'm hardly a scholar when it comes to the Bible, so honest question: Where did Jesus teach that the government should take money from one person to give it to another, or equate that with charity?

Seems to be more of a Catholic thing, which has a long history of conflating government redistribution with charity. But it's true, this latest edict should pose a quandary for conservative Catholics. Oh well, liberal Catholics seem to be doing Ok despite the edicts concerning abortion and birth control... Seems to me like if the Catholic Church was a political party, it would have a hard time winning elections: liberal on economic issues but conservative on social issues. Yikes.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 04:14:04 PM »
I'm hardly a scholar when it comes to the Bible, so honest question: Where did Jesus teach that the government should take money from one person to give it to another, or equate that with charity?

Seems to be more of a Catholic thing, which has a long history of conflating government redistribution with charity. But it's true, this latest edict should pose a quandary for conservative Catholics. Oh well, liberal Catholics seem to be doing Ok despite the edicts concerning abortion and birth control... Seems to me like if the Catholic Church was a political party, it would have a hard time winning elections: liberal on economic issues but conservative on social issues. Yikes.

Jesus said nothing about governments redistributing money. Some governments just have kind-hearted people in charge who want to use their power to follow the teachings of Jesus to the best of their ability.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 04:23:02 PM »

Jesus said nothing about governments redistributing money. Some governments just have kind-hearted people in charge who want to use their power to follow the teachings of Jesus to the best of their ability.

:lol: :ROFL: :lol: :ROFL:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »

Ok, let's just assume for a minute that primary objective of liberal politicians in redistributing wealth is to help people, as opposed to buy votes. I don't understand the part about "use their power to follow the teachings of Jesus to the the best of their ability." Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus taught charity - not coerced "giving." So if you're using the power of government to take money from one person to give to another, how are you "following the teachings of Jesus?"

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 04:44:20 PM »

Ok, let's just assume for a minute that primary objective of liberal politicians in redistributing wealth is to help people, as opposed to buy votes. I don't understand the part about "use their power to follow the teachings of Jesus to the the best of their ability." Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus taught charity - not coerced "giving." So if you're using the power of government to take money from one person to give to another, how are you "following the teachings of Jesus?"

Well, that statement was tongue-in-cheek and not really meant to be taken literally, but eliminating starvation and giving poor people every opportunity available to better their lot in life, regardless of the effectiveness of those endeavors, seems somewhat Christ-like to me. This pope would most likely make an awful government leader, but he is still a great person and there is nothing wrong with him advocating for governments to give aid to the poor.