Author Topic: LOST Fans  (Read 84168 times)

catzacker

Re: LOST Fans
« Reply #450 on: May 26, 2010, 11:33:48 AM »
the flash sideways (purgatory) is freaking me out.

why?

not sure.  just trying to think it through.  not knowing you are dead maybe ...

also questioning whether it's Jack's purgatory or everyone's purgatory?  seems more like a POV of Jack's. but then you have whole shows where Jack isn't even involved.  thinking now that it's more everyone's purgatory but Jack being the mainest of main characters and the doubtiest of doubters gets it all 'splained to him by his dad.
[/quote]

I don't think they know they are dead (or maybe some of them do, like Eloise seemed to and Ben does but they both know that they have things to work out or be ready to let go of before they can move on).  I think it was everyone's purgatory, but Jack's story/journey (as he was the main character of the show) was featured.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 26, 2010, 11:40:52 AM »
I don't think they know they are dead (or maybe some of them do, like Eloise seemed to and Ben does but they both know that they have things to work out or be ready to let go of before they can move on).  I think it was everyone's purgatory, but Jack's story/journey (as he was the main character of the show) was featured.

Yeah.  And its timeless.  All are arriving at the same time even though they all died at different times.  I think this aspect of time that they presented can throw people off.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #452 on: May 26, 2010, 12:10:25 PM »
Yes we all know they were given a certain # of shows. That still doesn't  mean that hypothetically they couldn't have gone on doing awesome things for another season or two.

uh ...  yeah.  that's exactly what it means
Definition of hypothetical below you seem to have forgotten what that word means. In a perfect world the show would have gone on for another season or as long as I deemed necessary, jackass.
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=hypothetical&page=1&qsrc=121&dm=all&ab=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2Fhypothetical&sg=yfJI4Caitauz0TujCIckkHx%2BGQPsyohHrUPsB3oLBJM%3D&tsp=1274893687746

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 26, 2010, 12:15:34 PM »
Yes we all know they were given a certain # of shows. That still doesn't  mean that hypothetically they couldn't have gone on doing awesome things for another season or two.

Definition of hypothetical below you seem to have forgotten what that word means. In a perfect world the show would have gone on for another season or as long as I deemed necessary, jackass.
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=hypothetical&page=1&qsrc=121&dm=all&ab=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2Fhypothetical&sg=yfJI4Caitauz0TujCIckkHx%2BGQPsyohHrUPsB3oLBJM%3D&tsp=1274893687746

hypothetically you're wasting bandwidth and oxygen

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #454 on: May 26, 2010, 12:16:36 PM »
the flash sideways (purgatory) is freaking me out.

why?

not sure.  just trying to think it through.  not knowing you are dead maybe ...

also questioning whether it's Jack's purgatory or everyone's purgatory?  seems more like a POV of Jack's. but then you have whole shows where Jack isn't even involved.  thinking now that it's more everyone's purgatory but Jack being the mainest of main characters and the doubtiest of doubters gets it all 'splained to him by his dad.

[/quote]
It was everyones purgatory Christian says it word for word this was a place you all made together. And they don't know they are dead until they actually remember, which is why they all needed each other.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #455 on: May 26, 2010, 12:17:40 PM »

hypothetically you're wasting bandwidth and oxygen
maybe I'm in purgatory.  :surprised:

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 26, 2010, 03:30:58 PM »
Yes I realize that but still a cop out.  If this were the case when did they die?  Why did they need to be together to move on?  Who was Desmond and why was he the one who needed to bring them together?  What happened to Michael, Daniel Fariday (Widmore?) Didn't he die on the island (really can't remember.)  And How come Hurley isn't protecting the island how did he die and Ben just decided he wasn't dead?  I'm so confussed.

You obviously didn't pay attention to the ending.
I did pay attention and It was a lame and lazy explination and If I was Jack and my dead dad explained it that way to me I would kick him in his dead nuts.  Just plain lazy on the writers parts I'm with Daris just keep adding stuff for afew more seasons.

If you paid attention you would have your answers.

When did they die?

Christian said they all died at different times. There is no real time in the afterlife. They didn't all just suddenly die and end up at the church. This means Hurley could have died 1,000 years after Jack.

Why did they need to be together to move on?

This is a pretty minimal thing to worry about, but Christian also said it's a catalyst to remember the best times of your life before you move on.

Why Desmond?

He was the first to recall his life. I doubt it had any significance behind it.

Where's Michael?

Do you seriously think Hugo and Libby would consider Michael one of the best parts of their lives? Come on man.

Where's Daniel?

Desmond didn't want to take him because he wanted him to spend time with his mother. Eloise obviously knew what was going on and is spending time with her son before moving on.

Why isn't Hurley on the island?

Who knows? This happens so far down the road from Jack dying. It's another story completely. Time is irrelevant in the afterlife.

Not. That. Complicated.

Good god you suck at this and probably life if you think any of that was sufficient for such a great show.  Like I said it is a stupid ending and these answers are lazy!  Yes I understand what they said at ther end it's just that it was a lazy cop out.  I understand the relationships and love etc..  I just don't like the explaination that gave me so I had to ask again. 
And your Desmond reply is not a very good one so no you did not explain it very will obviously because you don't know either.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 26, 2010, 04:09:03 PM »
There's a difference between thinking that was good and being able to comprehend what is going on. You're a moron that can't figure any of this out. When you explicitly say you don't understand those things, that mean's you are too stupid to figure it out. Another hint you're an idiot? your last sentence.

And your Desmond reply is not a very good one so no you did not explain it very will obviously because you don't know either.

I mean, REALLY??? Are you a dobbie sock, or what??

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 26, 2010, 04:10:40 PM »
Yeah, the ending was very open-ended and left plenty of room for personal theories...only a complete dobbie doesn't "get it."

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 26, 2010, 04:29:43 PM »
Why Desmond? Desmond was the one that seemed to skip back and forth between the timelines. Even on island he seemed to know what was going on in the sideways flashbacks, even if he didn't fully understand how things worked.

Ben didn't want to move on yet, because he had issues to work out with Roussoue(sp?) and Alex. Daniel had issues to work out with Charlotte and perhaps his mother as well.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 26, 2010, 06:57:13 PM »
Thought it was ok, not bad, not good. I liked the mysteries so i feel a bit cheated, but not much. What the shazbot! was the deal with the Polar Bears?

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 26, 2010, 07:01:52 PM »
Thought it was ok, not bad, not good. I liked the mysteries so i feel a bit cheated, but not much. What the shazbot! was the deal with the Polar Bears?

Dharma did experiments on them.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 26, 2010, 07:26:10 PM »

:pbj:

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 28, 2010, 07:20:47 AM »
There's a difference between thinking that was good and being able to comprehend what is going on. You're a moron that can't figure any of this out. When you explicitly say you don't understand those things, that mean's you are too stupid to figure it out. Another hint you're an idiot? your last sentence.

Yeah that last sentence sucked, but speaking of morons I did not say I did not understand what they were saying.  I was saying it was a lazy way out of a great show with lots of possabilities for a great ending, which this was not one.  The questions I asked were ones were ones that I thouhgt there answers were a cop out and did not even try to address instead they got lazy and gave it a very simple and stupid eplaination and I'm not accepting that.  And obviously you are simple minded enough to let them get away and enjoy the crap they fed you.  Sorry my imagination needs more than a 3rd grade ending to an otherwise epic tale.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 28, 2010, 07:28:18 AM »
I thought it was a little lazy as well.  Basically I was duped into thinking that they had this planned out for a long time.  I don't think that's the case any more.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 28, 2010, 10:51:28 AM »

The show originally set Walt up to look like he was "special" and caused a few crazy things to happen(appearance of the polar bear). 

Later the Dharma experiments were alluded to, and this makes sense.

So was Walt just a normal kid?

The Others kept saying that he was "special".  WTF was that all about?

I know Walt was basically meaningless to the overall story, but he was one of the most intriguing characters early on.  Really the only nagging character in my mind.  Pretty happy with the rest.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 28, 2010, 11:11:52 AM »

Yeah that last sentence sucked, but speaking of morons I did not say I did not understand what they were saying.  I was saying it was a lazy way out of a great show with lots of possabilities for a great ending, which this was not one.  The questions I asked were ones were ones that I thouhgt there answers were a cop out and did not even try to address instead they got lazy and gave it a very simple and stupid eplaination and I'm not accepting that.  And obviously you are simple minded enough to let them get away and enjoy the crap they fed you.  Sorry my imagination needs more than a 3rd grade ending to an otherwise epic tale.

Quit bullshitting everyone here. You had no idea what was going on. You even said you were "so confussed". Good Lord man, proof read what you post. Takes 20 seconds. Otherwise you do seem like you're a third grader.

I thought it was a little lazy as well.  Basically I was duped into thinking that they had this planned out for a long time.  I don't think that's the case any more.

It was planned from the beginning. It was JJ Abram's original script. They even altered a few things to keep it true to their original vision. One of them being Ben staying outside of the church, since Ben's character originally had a 3 episode arch. Some guy (supposedly) from Bad Robot had a huge write up on this.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 28, 2010, 12:03:56 PM »
It was planned from the beginning. It was JJ Abram's original script. They even altered a few things to keep it true to their original vision. One of them being Ben staying outside of the church, since Ben's character originally had a 3 episode arch. Some guy (supposedly) from Bad Robot had a huge write up on this.

link/source ?

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 28, 2010, 12:07:07 PM »

link/source ?

www.google.com.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 28, 2010, 12:20:27 PM »

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 28, 2010, 12:50:17 PM »
But, from a more “behind the scenes” note: the reason Ben’s not in the church, and the reason no one is in the church but for Season 1 people is because they wrote the ending to the show after writing the pilot. And never changed it. The writers always said (and many didn’t believe them) that they knew their ending from the very first episode. I applaud them for that. It’s pretty fantastic. Originally Ben was supposed to have a 3 episode arc and be done. But he became a big part of the show. They could have easily changed their ending and put him in the church — but instead they problem solved it. Gave him a BRILLIANT moment with Locke outside the church … and then that was it. I loved that. For those that wonder — the original ending started the moment Jack walked into the church and touches the casket to Jack closing his eyes as the other plane flies away. That was always JJ’s ending. And they kept it.

http://dogcowuk.tumblr.com/post/629614414/an-anonymous-lost-writer-from-bad-robot-sums-up

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 28, 2010, 01:30:05 PM »
makes sense to me.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 28, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
I think everyone who liked the ending is a stupid idiot.

Offline jvl0417

• Fan
  • This ... is not your country.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 28, 2010, 02:03:04 PM »
I think everyone who liked the ending is a stupid idiot.

I think anyone who stuck it out for 6 seasons expecting a bigger payoff than what they got is a stupid idiot, now how bout that?