Author Topic: I can't believe he said it again  (Read 7944 times)

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: I can't believe he said it again
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2013, 11:29:37 PM »
I don't really care whether Bill has given over control of the play calling or not, someone is calling the plays and making personnel decisions. Whoever is making these decisions has mumped up a fair amount this year. Today is a perfect example. Waters is not better than Sams at completing short-intermediate passes, and Sams is by far the better runner. Since we weren't going to go over the top today because of their defensive alignment, then why doesn't Sams take the majority of the snaps? That is what really chaps my ass. Play the 2 QB system, whatever. Just play to each QB's strengths, I don't think that's too much to ask, and it doesn't take a coaching legend to figure out what those strengths are for both players.

Teams haven't defended both QBs the same since the middle of the season. Sams wasn't going to get 6 in the box vs spread formations like Waters did at the same frequency. KU would've made Sams throw under pressure to win it and taken away the run.

I'm actually surprised they seemingly gave us the running game like they did. Granted, KU doesn't have the players in their front 7 like OU does, but I thought they would've been more aggressive on defense and taken their chances with pressuring Waters and making him beat them, especially given how terrible their offense is.

Is there a reason teams still play the option against Waters the way they do?  Rather than focus on shutting down the pitch man, they always stick with the fainting goat who wasn't going to get more than a couple of yards anyway.  Is it just really good blocking on the outside, or poor defense?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2013, 08:49:02 AM »
Defenses are still going to be assignment sound, because they are taught that way over and over. The defender responsible for the quarterback isn't going to give that up just be cause it's Waters. It was nice to see us run speed option really well, Waters was much better waiting to pitch and Gronk was great blocking on the edge.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2013, 09:17:21 AM »
I think him saying the sams bullshit is just a minimilistic effort he gives during post games rather than telling fans to eff off and let him do what he does.

This is entirely possible.

Was thinking this was the case while pondering the quote on the drive home.

Are we still thinking this after the additional quotes trim posted, or are we rolling with now Snyder is a pathological liar?

I missed these. Where are they posted?  Scanned back ITT and didn't see them but would like to.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »
Quote from: scout board tuck
I just don't get it...........K State is coming off consecutive 10 plus win seasons.  A number one ranking (even though short lived).  Four consecutive bowl games.  Four consecutive spankings of the squawks.  The team was competitive in all five losses and could easily be setting with just one or two losses. And the icing on the cake is a full stadium every Saturday.

For those who use Penn State coach Paterno as an example, keep in mind he won 64 games the last 7 years he coached and Penn State was 8-1 in the year he resigned.  They also won two league championships and went to a bowl game every year in his last 7 years.  The issue wasn't his age or his coaching it was the sexual scandal.

Age is relative.  Performance is what counts.  The opinion that LHC Bill Snyder should step down because he is 74 is unfair to him and his team.  The man turned around the worst college football  program in the nation.  As long as his teams are competitive and he bitch slaps UK every year, he can stay as long as he wants in my opinion.

Did you see the end of the game yesterday when the players started to run onto the field?  Coach Snyder just calmly waved them back and back they went.  Just like Moses parting the red sea.  No other coach could come into Manhattan KS and earn that kind of respect and admiration.

Mark my word.............the day LHC Bill Snyder retires, 6 win seasons will be reason for celebration and the university will be lucky to sell 20,000 season tickets.

:facepalm:

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2013, 11:12:08 AM »
I missed these. Where are they posted?  Scanned back ITT and didn't see them but would like to.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=30172.msg977896

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »
What would JMart do?
Maybe we shouldn't have burned that bridge so quickly with @jennbates12? We could have probably got her on the case. :dunno: She might not have time with all the new hockey players on this years Thunder team tho.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »
What would JMart do?
Maybe we shouldn't have burned that bridge so quickly with @jennbates12? We could have probably got her on the case. :dunno: She might not have time with all the new hockey players on this years Thunder team tho.

I don't want a reporter to sex OBz, just ask him WTF and don't let him non-answer.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2013, 09:04:56 PM »
Wacky he wasn't that good even in the 1st half. He took a bad sack on the opening drive, and the 2 TDs were not exactly tough throws.

This^^

Name one thing Waters did well today without being racist.. S4ms would've been way rough ridin' more successful with the exact same play calling/opportunities they gave Jake
That's just it.  They don't give Sams the same opportunity as Waters with the calling.  This is the biggest WTF in my mind.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2013, 09:17:51 PM »
it doesn't seem far-fetched to me to think that he's given his coordinator free-rein on play calling and personnel changes, but can't stop himself from bitching about it in the post game.
That could very well be it.  :thumbsup:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2013, 10:44:19 PM »
Mir you yell at anyone who has an opposite opinion of you. Let's not be dramatic. I wanted to see more SAMs, but we treat waters like he's spradling on here, when he's not.

Waters gets a first down on a drive just slightly more frequently than Spradling makes 3 pointers.