Author Topic: Daniel, I Love You  (Read 21244 times)

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel, I Love You
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2013, 05:24:26 PM »
I know this has been discussed in other threads throughout the year, but thinking back on the season as whole it's just so weird the coaches don't trust Sams to run the option or zone read. As a QB in our system, that's as limiting to his progression if not more so than his lack of throwing. I mean he at least had some opportunity to pass against Baylor/OSU and had success. Dunno, again, none of this is new, just crazy to reflect on Sams play this year and think how much he accomplished with so little of the playbook.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2013, 06:14:05 PM »
I know this has been discussed in other threads throughout the year, but thinking back on the season as whole it's just so weird the coaches don't trust Sams to run the option or zone read. As a QB in our system, that's as limiting to his progression if not more so than his lack of throwing. I mean he at least had some opportunity to pass against Baylor/OSU and had success. Dunno, again, none of this is new, just crazy to reflect on Sams play this year and think how much he accomplished with so little of the playbook.

Yeah. I mean, if Daniel's having trouble running it (with turnovers or w/e), give him lots of reps in practice. It shouldn't be that difficult. It almost seems like he ran it more last year. :dunno:

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »
yeah it's just like, you've got a qb you don't trust to throw or use in 2/3 of the qb run game, yet you still put him out there. almost like snyder said he had to play and dimel's like, well, if he's playing i'll just totally screw with the playcalling until we have to go w/waters.

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »
Wally seems to talk a decent amt of crap of players for being a fanboy website employee.   :dunno:

He's pretty tough...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2013, 09:19:24 AM »
Had a dream last night where Sams broke his right leg and arm. He was absent from the sidelines for a few weeks. Turns out his broken limbs where amputated so he could return to the field quicker (what a guy :love:). So there I was watching him speed hobble up the field with one arm and leg. Stole my heart.
@Trogdor_gE

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2013, 09:31:41 AM »
Had a dream last night where Sams broke his right leg and arm. He was absent from the sidelines for a few weeks. Turns out his broken limbs where amputated so he could return to the field quicker (what a guy :love:). So there I was watching him speed hobble up the field with one arm and leg. Stole my heart.
:sdeek:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2013, 09:35:24 AM »
We can give him new limbs.  We have the technology.  :gocho:

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2013, 09:36:53 AM »

:emawkid: The 6 Million Dollar Dan :emawkid:
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2013, 07:04:10 PM »

That's got me thinking (all day). I'm throwing that name into my back pocket. Let me lay down the dream scenario:

In the off-season, Sams gets hurt. Something that is broken bad but will allow him to return during the very early season, like game 2 or 3. Waters is the only QB, first two games, throws 2 times as many INT's as TD's. Cats still win though on the backs of Lockett and future stud Warmack. Sams comes back after the atrocious QB performance, fully healed, fully motivated, and full of LIFE  :drool:. Powers the cats through Auburn with 6 total td's and over 300 yards.

The next week, athletics makes a  pregame video for the next game of Willie operating on Sams doing the whole "We can rebuild him..." (like this ) while LHCBS over looks the operation and Waters with his nose against the wall. Operation ensues and then a bright white flash. Then the video cuts to real time looking at the tunnel and Sams is doing the Ray Lewis dance coming out of the locker room with sparks and fire while Slash is ripping a boss guitar riff.

Then a bunch of stuff happens, Sams wins two Heisman and takes the Cats to a Natty. (Spoiler alert: They win it too ;) ) :Woot:

Then they dub him "The Six Million Dollar Dan®"
@Trogdor_gE

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2013, 09:21:56 PM »

That's got me thinking (all day). I'm throwing that name into my back pocket. Let me lay down the dream scenario:

In the off-season, Sams gets hurt. Something that is broken bad but will allow him to return during the very early season, like game 2 or 3. Waters is the only QB, first two games, throws 2 times as many INT's as TD's. Cats still win though on the backs of Lockett and future stud Warmack. Sams comes back after the atrocious QB performance, fully healed, fully motivated, and full of LIFE  :drool:. Powers the cats through Auburn with 6 total td's and over 300 yards.

The next week, athletics makes a  pregame video for the next game of Willie operating on Sams doing the whole "We can rebuild him..." (like this ) while LHCBS over looks the operation and Waters with his nose against the wall. Operation ensues and then a bright white flash. Then the video cuts to real time looking at the tunnel and Sams is doing the Ray Lewis dance coming out of the locker room with sparks and fire while Slash is ripping a boss guitar riff.

Then a bunch of stuff happens, Sams wins two Heisman and takes the Cats to a Natty. (Spoiler alert: They win it too ;) ) :Woot:

Wonderful, just wonderful.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2013, 09:33:46 PM »

He would make the AD richer than that.  This is peanuts compared to what RGIII made Baylor.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2013, 09:34:29 PM »
But I luv your story.  :thumbsup:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.