Author Topic: ISU Stadium Renovations  (Read 11812 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ISU Stadium Renovations
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2013, 01:17:31 PM »
I would love it very much if we lowered ticket prices and got 10k more people in BSFS.

1. devaluing your ticket price lowers your ticket revenue. Selling $20 tickets to a conference game is dumb, our fans have showed that they are willing to pay $75, charge them $75

2. Jack Trice Stadium is located 20 minutes from large Des Moines suburbs and 30 minutes from downtown. BSFS is 2 hours from a similar population center. We are very close to being maxed out. When you have cheap tickets and 20 minutes from half a million people, you can get a few thousand casual fans and close alumni traveling with children
A Kstate game is kind of tough with a young family for KC and Wichita folks, the only ones I know that have season tickets have family/friends in MHK that give them a "home base" to help make it work.  I find myself browsing rvtrader.com for this very reason.

it's not that tough.  we had season tickets for a family of 4 from ICT from like 91 until my sister and I went to college, and we rarely stayed in mhk.  it isn't that bad.  you get up early sometimes and come home late sometimes but it's w/e.

I think by "tough" he meant the time, energy, and resources required. It was easy for you as a kid, I'm sure you had a blast. It is in no way easy for the parents. The only reason I still do it is because my four year old absolutely loves it.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »
Its brutally obvious ISU was waiting for the one "lead donor" to get this going. Here are blueprints. Look at the date.

http://caterclan.webs.com/5_ES01.pdf

http://caterclan.webs.com/5_ES02.pdf

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2013, 03:17:05 PM »
I would love it very much if we lowered ticket prices and got 10k more people in BSFS.

1. devaluing your ticket price lowers your ticket revenue. Selling $20 tickets to a conference game is dumb, our fans have showed that they are willing to pay $75, charge them $75

2. Jack Trice Stadium is located 20 minutes from large Des Moines suburbs and 30 minutes from downtown. BSFS is 2 hours from a similar population center. We are very close to being maxed out. When you have cheap tickets and 20 minutes from half a million people, you can get a few thousand casual fans and close alumni traveling with children
I never said it was feasible. I've always supported adding few or zero seats. But if we could get away with it for a net zero change for total ticket dollars, I would want it. As a fan, I wouldn't care if they had to spend a few more million adding seats to the NEZ if they could figure a way to fill it without out actually losing money.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kickedinthenuts

• Fan
  • ISU
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2013, 04:24:22 PM »
how does being terrible at football factor into the likelihood of this ever happening?  serious answers only.  tia.

They still sell out every game, but I suspect that being terrible at football is having a huge impact on ticket prices.

they don't sell out every game and their ticket revenue is atrocious, as it is for basketball. The price points are very low.

Best seats at BSFS cost $1,655 ($355 ticket plus $1,300 priority contribution)
http://issuu.com/k-statesports/docs/footballticketcatalog-2013?e=1198840/2939158

Best seats at JTS cost at least $1,575 ($375 ticket plus a MINIMUM $5,000 donation for up to 4 tickets, but the highest priority level is actually $12,500 for up to 8 seats)
http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=897730
http://www.cyclones.com/fls/10700/ticket_pages/assets/seating_diagrams/Trice_seating_large.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=10700

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2013, 04:25:22 PM »
how does being terrible at football factor into the likelihood of this ever happening?  serious answers only.  tia.

They still sell out every game, but I suspect that being terrible at football is having a huge impact on ticket prices.

they don't sell out every game and their ticket revenue is atrocious, as it is for basketball. The price points are very low.

http://issuu.com/k-statesports/docs/footballticketcatalog-2013?e=1198840/2939158

Best seats at JTS cost at least $1,575 ($375 ticket plus a MINIMUM $5,000 donation for up to 4 tickets, but the highest priority level is actually $12,500 for up to 8 seats)
http://www.cyclones.com/fls/10700/ticket_pages/assets/seating_diagrams/Trice_seating_large.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=10700

link?

Offline kickedinthenuts

• Fan
  • ISU
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »

link?

How many do you want? I posted 3...

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2013, 04:30:42 PM »
hmmm, interesting if true. need proof, tho

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2013, 04:37:16 PM »
As I was saying, there are often promotions to sell the last percentage of tickets that are cheaper than K-State (because both venues are larger at ISU) but season ticket packages are still on par.

Offline kickedinthenuts

• Fan
  • ISU
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2013, 04:39:15 PM »
hmmm, interesting if true. need proof, tho

I'm not used to this much sarcasm on message boards.

Offline kickedinthenuts

• Fan
  • ISU
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »
As I was saying, there are often promotions to sell the last percentage of tickets that are cheaper than K-State (because both venues are larger at ISU) but season ticket packages are still on par.

And these promotions have almost disappeared the past two seasons. A 2-win season and record lows for KU softened the secondary market, but optimism springs eternal in Ames. Demand in 2014 will be even stronger.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2013, 04:57:05 PM »

And these promotions have almost disappeared the past two seasons. A 2-win season and record lows for KU softened the secondary market, but optimism springs eternal in Ames. Demand in 2014 will be even stronger.

Any danger of flooding from these springs?

:ohno:
bears are fast...

Offline kickedinthenuts

• Fan
  • ISU
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2013, 04:58:30 PM »

Any danger of flooding from these springs?

:ohno:

It's not a flood, it's a water feature.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »
kicknutter, do you think paul rhodes should be fired?

Offline kickedinthenuts

• Fan
  • ISU
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2013, 05:09:07 PM »

No chance, but his program clearly regressed this year in all aspects. A great recruiting class coming in and some impact players taking off redshirts will help next year, but they are still going to be mediocre in 2014. 6 or 7 wins next year is probably the ceiling. A new offensive coordinator (what a thankless job, but Courtney Messingham has been mostly awful) would help.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2013, 05:10:01 PM »

No chance, but his program clearly regressed this year in all aspects. A great recruiting class coming in and some impact players taking off redshirts will help next year, but they are still going to be mediocre in 2014. 6 or 7 wins next year is probably the ceiling. A new offensive coordinator (what a thankless job, but Courtney Messingham has been mostly awful) would help.

beak'em, clones!

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2013, 06:15:24 PM »
Will they release more details at their bowl game pep rally??   :dunno:

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2013, 07:06:18 PM »
Why are you dorks being mean to Iowa State about this? This is cool for them.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2013, 08:56:18 PM »

They can't change? Even if they tried? Even if they wanted to?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2013, 10:16:27 PM »

That is really good research, well done. It doesn't say anything about ISU's football revenue though. According to the equity in athletics report, ISU had $29 million in football revenue for 2012. K-State had $31 million.  On its face the $2 million doesn't seem like very much, but when you factor in that K-States number doesn't include the West Stadium Center and that Jack Trice is 12% bigger than BSFS that two million looks much bigger, the 2013 number will certainly be much wider.  I'd venture to guess that $29 million in revenue is low end for a BCS program with a 55,000+ stadium.

Also that isn't close to our best seat.  The donor levels for the premium seating is as high as $50,000

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2013, 10:22:03 PM »

I bet ISU fans say this every year.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2013, 10:25:43 PM »
any plan that doesn't involve them exploding that absurd press box of theirs is crazy

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »
Guys, ISU has a great recruiting class coming in and it isn't even signing day i.e. there is more to come.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2013, 10:44:13 PM »
Guys, ISU has a great recruiting class coming in and it isn't even signing day i.e. there is more to come.

BTW outs only a "great" recruiting class because they got the #5 receiver, in the country.  The dude is from Des Moines.  Unfortunately they don't have a QB to throw to him because they didn't offer Waters. Also recently Rhodes made a big deal about how he isn't recruiting a QB in this class because they have enough of them.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2013, 07:44:32 AM »

BTW outs only a "great" recruiting class because they got the #5 receiver, in the country.  The dude is from Des Moines.  Unfortunately they don't have a QB to throw to him because they didn't offer Waters. Also recently Rhodes made a big deal about how he isn't recruiting a QB in this class because they have enough of them.

Its a good recruiting class, especially for a team that will finish 2-10 or 3-9. I won't be throwing a Signing Day Party or anything tho.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2013, 09:24:37 AM »
any plan that doesn't involve them exploding that absurd press box of theirs is crazy

I honestly can't believe we don't just clown on that thing nonstop here on goEMAW.com.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12