Author Topic: It's time for T1BW to go to a bowl game....  (Read 4159 times)

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
It's time for T1BW to go to a bowl game....
« on: November 22, 2013, 09:08:58 AM »
Where would you all guess we are going?  What should I start doing now to prepare?  I already have the time off and I already have the $$. Will be T1BW and T1BWGF.

:billdance:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: It's time for T1BW to go to a bowl game....
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »
Hey T1BW! Its your bud and co-worker ben ji!

We were just talking about this but I figured I'd post it in here so all our other friends can see!

I really hope we go to the holiday bowl in San Diego. My Gf's sister lives there AND the chefs play like 1 day before!

I would also settle for a BWW bowl matchup against Nub!

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:12:32 AM »
Holiday would be fun. One last hurrah for the B12 (also it feels like a more elite bowl than it is because it used to be high on the list).

anyway, book rooms now at all of the plausible bowl sites. you can cancel them whenever you need to (in most cases) and prices are going to go way up once the teams are announced. also, be ready to book flights as soon as the announcement is made. see above re. price and availability will be slim after the initial rush. if SW flys to any of the destinations you could probably go ahead and book those now on a fully cancelable fare if that makes sense to you. other carriers won't let you cancel without a big penalty unless you have elite status.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 09:13:55 AM »
Hi Ben Ji!!! I LOVE BOWL TALK!! This cold weather really has me jonesin' for some sunshine and bingeing... AMIRIGHT?

So Phoenix, San Diego... and??? Are those basically our only two options?  Wouldn't mind a TX road trip either if we ended up there. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 09:14:48 AM »
hold out for tix until after the initial price surge unless you get them ahead of time. I'm pretty sure I've paid peak price every time.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 09:15:44 AM »
So Phoenix, San Diego... and??? Are those basically our only two options?  Wouldn't mind a TX road trip either if we ended up there.

I think they are all in play from the cotton down (maybe alamo down).

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »
Holiday would be fun. One last hurrah for the B12 (also it feels like a more elite bowl than it is because it used to be high on the list).

anyway, book rooms now at all of the plausible bowl sites. you can cancel them whenever you need to (in most cases) and prices are going to go way up once the teams are announced. also, be ready to book flights as soon as the announcement is made. see above re. price and availability will be slim after the initial rush. if SW flys to any of the destinations you could probably go ahead and book those now on a fully cancelable fare if that makes sense to you. other carriers won't let you cancel without a big penalty unless you have elite status.

Thanks SD!!  I have a friend in SD (San Diego LOL) who I can crash with.  Airfare, car, and tix would be all I needed.  PHX would be a different story. What would the other plausible bowl sites be?

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »
hold out for tix until after the initial price surge unless you get them ahead of time. I'm pretty sure I've paid peak price every time.

Great idea.  StubHub FTMFW?   :Woohoo:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 09:18:39 AM »
I'm putting my money on the Holiday.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 09:22:28 AM »

Thanks SD!!  I have a friend in SD (San Diego LOL) who I can crash with.  Airfare, car, and tix would be all I needed.  PHX would be a different story. What would the other plausible bowl sites be?

Cotton (longshot, not really feasible) - Dallas (arlington, gross) 1/3
Alamo - San Antonio 12/30
Buffalo Wild Wings - Tempe 12/28
Holiday - San Diego - 12/30
Pinstripe - NYC - 12/28
Texas - Houston 12/27

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 09:23:48 AM »
If we win out I'd guess Alamo or BWW. If we go 1-1 it could be anywhere from BWW to Texas.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 09:24:23 AM »
Alamo is where I have had the most fun.  Golf, river walk, it's nice.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 09:24:35 AM »

Cotton (longshot, not really feasible) - Dallas (arlington, gross) 1/3
Alamo - San Antonio 12/30
Buffalo Wild Wings - Tempe 12/28
Holiday - San Diego - 12/30
Pinstripe - NYC - 12/28
Texas - Houston 12/27

Only 6 big12 teams will be eligible so the Pinstripe bowl is out.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 09:26:46 AM »
LHC Bill Snyder owns Holiday Bowls. Its a guaranteed win.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 09:27:22 AM »
Fiesta-Baylor
Cotton-OSU
Alamo, BWW, Holiday in a pile with KSU, OU, TX depending on how the rest of the season goes

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 09:28:29 AM »
If its BWW Rick Daris should start a snack off on the other team's board. An olive branch of snack

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 09:29:09 AM »
I am hoping for Alamo Bowl.  Never been to San Antonio... have been to SD and PHX.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 09:29:51 AM »
Fiesta-Baylor
Cotton-OSU
Alamo, BWW, Holiday in a pile with KSU, OU, TX depending on how the rest of the season goes

Man, playing a Big Ten team would be boring, but winning a bowl game would be nice, so I hope BWW.

Also, t-shirts with two of my favorite things on it: Buffalo Wild Wings and KSU.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 09:30:12 AM »
my dad's cousin has a beach house an hour south of san diego. there might be newyearsmexicopak for DUs and gE elites if we go to the holiday, so i'm really pulling for that.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 09:30:35 AM »
Also, t-shirts with two of my favorite things on it: Buffalo Wild Wings and KSU.

:love:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »
my dad's cousin has a beach house an hour south of san diego. there might be newyearsmexicopak for DUs and gE elites if we go to the holiday, so i'm really pulling for that.

:eek:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »
How great would it be to prevent Nebraska from playing Oklahoma again?

Offline UCHADBRO

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 11:11:25 AM »
I want the Alamo so bad. Would also take the Holiday but wouldn't fly my golf clubs with me  :Crybaby:. So the order of my favorites are:
1) Alamo
2) BWW
3) Holiday

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 03:56:55 PM »
I agree with SD.  Go ahead and book the flights(on SW assuming you are from KC) to SD and PHX now since they will be the ones that go up the most as we get closer.  Hotel rooms probably wont be too big of an issue to either SA or PHX unless you have specific places you want to stay, can probably wait a week or two.

On tickets, I would either ask the highest ranked donor you know to put you on their order, put your own order in, or wait until the day before the game and scalp.  With only 2 of you, unless you have certain people you want to sit by, you should be able to snag some for a good price.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 04:00:30 PM »
Tickets will be way cheap at any of those bowls.