Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 263421 times)

catzacker

Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #1225 on: March 05, 2015, 06:52:17 AM »
well, we're a better team without Marcus because at the end of the ISU game he wasn't in there and we won.  so marcus being gone isn't that big of a deal because of that one time.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 05, 2015, 07:06:34 AM »

well, we're a better team without Marcus because at the end of the ISU game he wasn't in there and we won.  so marcus being gone isn't that big of a deal because of that one time.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1227 on: March 05, 2015, 08:41:12 AM »
We probably win against UT, @TCU and @TTU. Even good players have bad games
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 05, 2015, 09:02:59 AM »

We're better when Foster is playing well.  period.  at the same time, he was terrible in the ISU game, and in that particular game, the team was better with him on the bench.  Benching him was the right call. 

To me, this doesn't seem very controversial.  good/great players have off nights.  to beat UT and win a few games in the tourney, we'll need him to play well and play a lot of minutes.     

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 05, 2015, 09:05:18 AM »

:D
that's great

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: March 05, 2015, 09:49:05 AM »

We're better when Foster is playing well.  period.  at the same time, he was terrible in the ISU game, and in that particular game, the team was better with him on the bench.  Benching him was the right call. 

To me, this doesn't seem very controversial.  good/great players have off nights.  to beat UT and win a few games in the tourney, we'll need him to play well and play a lot of minutes.   

The fact that the team was better with him on the bench does not mean benching him was the right call.

Sitting your best player because you think he is "off" is a lot like trying to time the stock market. You might avoid losses by pulling out your money, but you might miss out on even bigger gains.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 05, 2015, 09:51:12 AM »

The fact that the team was better with him on the bench does not mean benching him was the right call.

Sitting your best player because you think he is "off" is a lot like trying to time the stock market. You might avoid losses by pulling out your money, but you might miss out on even bigger gains.

That is a very apt analogy.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 05, 2015, 09:52:27 AM »

exactly. oscar =blind squirrle

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 05, 2015, 09:54:33 AM »
I will say tho. oscar did a really good job of managing that Iowa State game down the stretch. Hate him all you want, he out coached Hoiberg that day.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 05, 2015, 09:57:59 AM »
When a player's best trait is making threes and they go nearly a month and a half of the season and aren't even hitting 20% of those shots while shooting over 6 per game, its okay to sit him. And it reaches a point where they probably aren't your "best player" anymore. It doesn't mean they can't be again, but its pretty clear there was an attempt to let Marcus play/shoot through his issues and it simply hasn't happened. Meanwhile, he's a had a few games where did some other nice things (defense, rebounding), but by and large he simply hasn't been very good since before his suspension happened.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 05, 2015, 09:59:38 AM »
If Marcus is in a funk scoring, he can be a liability on the court at times with his atrocious defense. I think it makes sense to sit him at times.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 05, 2015, 10:05:11 AM »
Foster's frustration could be leading to some bad defensive effort and forcing shots.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 05, 2015, 10:12:58 AM »
marcus foster should play every minute of every game.  it's really fun to watch him play and he is our best player. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 05, 2015, 10:13:51 AM »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 05, 2015, 10:16:24 AM »

When a player's best trait is making threes and they go nearly a month and a half of the season and aren't even hitting 20% of those shots while shooting over 6 per game, its okay to sit him. And it reaches a point where they probably aren't your "best player" anymore. It doesn't mean they can't be again, but its pretty clear there was an attempt to let Marcus play/shoot through his issues and it simply hasn't happened. Meanwhile, he's a had a few games where did some other nice things (defense, rebounding), but by and large he simply hasn't been very good since before his suspension happened.

That's a different argument. If you think he's now a 20% shooter, you probably shouldn't play him at all.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 05, 2015, 10:18:50 AM »

That's a different argument. If you think he's now a 20% shooter, you probably shouldn't play him at all.

so, really, is there ever an appropriate time to sit your best player?  other than foul trouble or fatigue, of course. 

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 05, 2015, 10:19:43 AM »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:24:09 AM by ksupamplemousse »
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 05, 2015, 10:20:28 AM »
Over the past month, on multiple occasions,I have heard that Marcus cheering on the sideline shows his character is poor.  Never a good explanation as to why.
#tucklife

Gonna win 'em all!

Again, this is the gpc podcast, but they just said the cheering is only when there's a big moment and the cameras could be on him and the rest of the time he's checked out on the bench. Also, that he's an ass in the locker room and doesn't play hard in games in which he can't score. Not earth shattering stuff.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 05, 2015, 10:23:34 AM »
Over the past month, on multiple occasions,I have heard that Marcus cheering on the sideline shows his character is poor.  Never a good explanation as to why.

he's cheering sarcastically, like martin used to do.  it's very mean.  "nice shot, jevon.  great decision, jevon.  you really helped the team, jevon."
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 05, 2015, 10:32:15 AM »
OT but my favorite bench moment was when CK got the Nub crowd to yell right when their player was shooting a FT  :ROFL:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: March 05, 2015, 10:32:59 AM »

so, really, is there ever an appropriate time to sit your best player?  other than foul trouble or fatigue, of course. 

In theory, no. (Also excluding injury)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 05, 2015, 10:36:29 AM »
KU game: +10 with Foster on the bench, -3 with Foster in the game

SUB OUT: Foster, Marcus  10:01  16-16 +0
SUB IN : Foster, Marcus  08:13  18-20 -2
SUB OUT: Foster, Marcus  12:40  41-47 -4
SUB IN : Foster, Marcus  02:25  64-60 +10
SUB OUT: Foster, Marcus  01:09  66-61 +1
00:00 70-63 +2

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 05, 2015, 10:38:26 AM »

I imagine most coaches would disagree with you.  Particularly good coaches.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 05, 2015, 10:40:46 AM »

I imagine most coaches would disagree with you.  Particularly good coaches.

I'm sure you're right. But I wonder what their justification would be?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 05, 2015, 10:50:29 AM »

As a sophomore, I think you play him as much as possible to work through the obvious funk he is in. I think oscar has done that. I think it reaches a point where you have to put your more productive players on the floor. I think oscar has done that.

I don't think oscar handled Foster perfectly, but those issues probably started last year or even the end of the last season and oscar didn't catch them in time to correct them when they should have been corrected. He's paying the consequences for that now and it might end with him losing potentially best player that he has in the program.