Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 263451 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #1100 on: February 20, 2015, 10:38:00 AM »
His mom must be the "people" Heidrick was referring to

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 20, 2015, 10:41:51 AM »
hopefully he was on the phone with smu last night, larry brown would love to have marcus and he'd be closer to home

Would be great for both Marcus and Larry.

Foster ain't goin' nowhere.  We ended up in a convo with a guy at the HS gym TCU plays in that is part of the staff of the AAU team Foster played on in Texas and my bro flat out asked him if Foster was looking to get out.

The guy basically said that Marcus is a momma's boy and there ain't no way momma is having any part of that.

:buh-bye:

Mommas like seeing their baby boys play and being treated correctly.

Depends on the momma. Mommas sometimes like their boys to grow up and act like men so they would prefer their boy stuck a hard situation out. I often wonder how often that weighs into things like this. No way his mother is out of the loop on all the media covering Marcus' attitude problems. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 20, 2015, 10:46:04 AM »
Mom surely sees this as career prep.  You don't get that unless you.play.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 20, 2015, 10:49:27 AM »
There are lots of factors at play here. If Mom truly trusts oscar and his staff with her son and is even to a point even willing to be loyal to them because they signed him when no one else really wanted him, its extremely logical to assume that she will want him to stick it out at K-State. A few bad experiences here and a losing season won't change that, even if it makes many of us fans not like oscar. I'm sure the staff has probably been in pretty good contact with her (probably Brooks) while all of this has been going on because I'm sure the staff knows that a good Marcus staying around helps their careers. I think this staff is making lots of mistakes right now, but I don't think they are stupid and they will be as patient with Marcus as possible.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 20, 2015, 10:53:24 AM »
There are lots of factors at play here. If Mom truly trusts oscar and his staff with her son and is even to a point even willing to be loyal to them because they signed him when no one else really wanted him, its extremely logical to assume that she will want him to stick it out at K-State. A few bad experiences here and a losing season won't change that, even if it makes many of us fans not like oscar. I'm sure the staff has probably been in pretty good contact with her (probably Brooks) while all of this has been going on because I'm sure the staff knows that a good Marcus staying around helps their careers. I think this staff is making lots of mistakes right now, but I don't think they are stupid and they will be as patient with Marcus as possible.

I agree w/ everything except I think they're kinda stupid

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 20, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »

I agree w/ everything except I think they're kinda stupid

I meant that I don't think they are stupid behind the scenes with Marcus. oscar is saying dumb stuff, but I'm pretty sure they will do everything they can to keep him. They've got to know they aren't winning a lot next year without him and therefore will be well on the road to be fired.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 20, 2015, 11:21:01 AM »
They've got to know they aren't winning a lot next year without him and therefore will be well on the road to be fired.

just to devil's advocate - if weber keeps foster, he owns him.  if he cuts him (and maybe one other soph/fr), he's got a reasonable case to take to currie and say "either fire me now or i get two years, minimum, because the only way to fix this is to get worse (maybe not actually worse, because that'd be hard, but figuratively) next year."
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 20, 2015, 11:22:07 AM »
They've got to know they aren't winning a lot next year without him and therefore will be well on the road to be fired.

just to devil's advocate - if weber keeps foster, he owns him.  if he cuts him (and maybe one other soph/fr), he's got a reasonable case to take to currie and say "either fire me now or i get two years, minimum, because the only way to fix this is to get worse (maybe not actually worse, because that'd be hard, but figuratively) next year."

Reasonable.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 20, 2015, 11:24:04 AM »

I'll add that I didn't think there was any way oscar would get fired but the way he's acting kinda makes me wonder.

(I'd still put the odds pretty low, but whatever)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1109 on: February 20, 2015, 11:28:32 AM »
oscar has this on cruise control

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: February 20, 2015, 11:30:45 AM »

I'll add that I didn't think there was any way oscar would get fired but the way he's acting kinda makes me wonder.

(I'd still put the odds pretty low, but whatever)

He's definitely acting desperate. His substitution patterns were beyond weird against TCU. Seemed like he spent the entire second half punishing Wes and foster, but then turned to them to try and save the game at the end. Then his remarks after the game were just totally nuts. Pretty sure I've never heard a coach question whether multiple members of his basketball team need to transfer in a post-game press conference.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

catzacker

« Reply #1111 on: February 20, 2015, 11:31:40 AM »

I tend to agree with this. However I don't underestimate oscar's ability to play the victim.  Keep Foster...it doesn't "work" next year and oscar can say "I gave him a chance..." and use Foster as a scapegoat again.  If there is an available cross, oscar will climb up on it.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 20, 2015, 11:59:48 AM »
This board is a thing with unified opinions

there is The Board, and then there is The Board^(-1) [wackydax]

tobias, i appreciated this

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 20, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »
Hopefully the staff guy keeping in touch is not corn.  I mean, how much of his wife's skin product pyramid scheme stuff does he push on player families?   I can just see the Facebook invites after big wins. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 20, 2015, 01:57:20 PM »
Besides some player defections, how many coaches are trying to leave?    Being on this Weber staff can't be a real resume builder

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1115 on: February 20, 2015, 02:03:23 PM »
Why? They've already seen that failing can get you a pretty sweet gig.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 20, 2015, 02:07:37 PM »
Lowery was just fired and this is chester's first job and Brooks was at something like Sam Houston State? They should all be tickled pink to have their jobs.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 20, 2015, 02:14:42 PM »
Lowery was just fired and this is chester's first job and Brooks was at something like Sam Houston State? They should all be tickled pink to have their jobs.

true.  Assembling an all star cast of losers ensures they will stay content

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 20, 2015, 02:28:38 PM »

you're not discussing your own mother, michigancat.  the correct term for a black athlete's mother is "momma".
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 20, 2015, 02:29:46 PM »

if i were brooks, i'd be trying to leave.  and i think he'd have opportunities.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 20, 2015, 02:35:42 PM »

you're not discussing your own mother, michigancat.  the correct term for a black athlete's mother is "momma".

Thank you for pointing that out, it drives me rough ridin' crazy but I didn't want to derail the conversation.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 20, 2015, 02:41:30 PM »

Thank you for pointing that out, it drives me rough ridin' crazy but I didn't want to derail the conversation.
Tupac's was "Mama" :ck:
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 20, 2015, 02:48:25 PM »

if i were brooks, i'd be trying to leave.  and i think he'd have opportunities.
Agreed

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 20, 2015, 02:50:33 PM »
My mom is mum.

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 20, 2015, 02:50:52 PM »

Tupac's was "Mama" :ck:
Dear Mama was such a good jam.

#TheWesIsTheFuture