Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 263617 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #475 on: January 03, 2015, 05:25:03 PM »
It is a team game, and if acting like a little bitch is your shtick, playing time seems unlikely. Not giving 100 percent and acting up is childish and not only hurts the team, but the perception others have of you as well.

What do you do when the coach is acting like a "little bitch"?

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 03, 2015, 05:32:58 PM »
It is a team game, and if acting like a little bitch is your shtick, playing time seems unlikely. Not giving 100 percent and acting up is childish and not only hurts the team, but the perception others have of you as well.

What do you do when the coach is acting like a "little bitch"?

THIS. Benching Foster bc his poor effort has fractured team chemistry is fine. Benching him 6 wks too late and then throwing him under the bus is a BruceWeberIsAnUnconfidentLoserWhoCantRecruit move. Weber has recruited and developed a team that doesn't have talent and doesn't play hard. And his reaction is to take zero personal responsibility and blame them. Definition of a bitch move. It's why he got fired at Illinois and why he'll get fired here.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 03, 2015, 06:13:41 PM »
Hold on a minute.  HOLD ON!  I think I've seen all this before.....Its almost like this exact same thing happened with Shane Southwell!

And that one tall guy with a hyphenated last name the year before!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 03, 2015, 07:41:05 PM »
I am not saying anything about weber...however if you can't listen to your coaches and exhibit poor effort,lack of leadership, and body language even those outside of the Ksu fanbase/media acknowledge, then maybe some of it is on you.  If you hate the situation and want to transfer, which would be the downfall of oscar, imo. You'd think he'd get his crap together so he doesn't look like a tc, fp to other teams and coaches.

As far as how oscar is handling it, i don't think I've made any point on it.

You guys are so wishy washy. One second you hate a player, with various insults and say they steal scollies and its ok for coaches to say they are going to burn down their houses.  The next, it's he's an 18yo kid. ..

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 03, 2015, 07:50:06 PM »

I am not saying anything about weber...however if you can't listen to your coaches and exhibit poor effort,lack of leadership, and body language even those outside of the Ksu fanbase/media acknowledge, then maybe some of it is on you.  If you hate the situation and want to transfer, which would be the downfall of oscar, imo. You'd think he'd get his crap together so he doesn't look like a tc, fp to other teams and coaches.

You guys are so wishy washy. One second you hate a player, with various insults and say they steal scollies and its ok for coaches to say they are going to burn down their houses.  The next, it's he's an 18yo kid. ..

Pregnant ladies, am I right guys? 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: January 03, 2015, 07:53:24 PM »

I don't think anyone disagreeing with you falls into what you are talking about with your last point, as a matter of fact I'm sure of it.

As for your first point, why is it so hard for to see that most people who exceptional something won't handle it well when it's taken from them? The fact that he is a sophomore in college absolutely matters, foolish suggest otherwise. Neither of these concepts are hard to grasp and are pretty close common sense. That's why I called you hard headed, because it's clear you just want to call Marcus names despite what a reasonable should be telling you.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 03, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »
Ya, they pretty much wrote the book on "being a little bitch"

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 04, 2015, 12:14:02 AM »
I don't think it's fair to say we don't have talent. Obviously Hurt has been a bust, but our roster has talent. oscar has just failed to develop any of our sophomores past where they were last year and he has no idea how to coach them. Javon is shooting far better than last year but has become a much worse player. Wes is worthless offensively. He's alienated Foster. Nigel looked like he was improving  late last year and instead has regressed. Besides not motivating his team at all he can't coach them to do simple things like not making dumb turnovers. If another coach came in next year he could still develop the entire sophomore class into good big 12 players.

The Big Train

« Reply #483 on: January 04, 2015, 12:20:08 AM »
I don't think it's fair to say we don't have talent. Obviously Hurt has been a bust, but our roster has talent. oscar has just failed to develop any of our sophomores past where they were last year and he has no idea how to coach them. Javon is shooting far better than last year but has become a much worse player. Wes is worthless offensively. He's alienated Foster. Nigel looked like he was improving  late last year and instead has regressed. Besides not motivating his team at all he can't coach them to do simple things like not making dumb turnovers. If another coach came in next year he could still develop the entire sophomore class into good big 12 players.

quit reading here after already knowing this was going to be a crap post, wait to post until you actually know how to spell our players names

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 04, 2015, 12:22:02 AM »
If the team is really fractured and Foster is losing his teammates then why did all the young guys seem to be supporting him on the bench today? I think that report is bullshit. I don't see any leadership from Gip, Nino, or Foster for teammates to be taking a side. Based on what I see on the court the team looks to be #TeamFoster vs #TeamBruce

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 04, 2015, 12:22:53 AM »

quit reading here after already knowing this was going to be a crap post, wait to post until you actually know how to spell our players names

It was a typo. I hope we can still be friends

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 04, 2015, 06:54:39 AM »
a coach has to be willing and able to limit playing time.  it's really the only weapon they have.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 04, 2015, 10:44:24 AM »
a coach has to be willing and able to limit playing time.  it's really the only weapon they have.
The ideal weapon is never letting it get to that point.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 04, 2015, 03:32:38 PM »

i agree.  it's ridiculous that a coach is benching his quote/unquote best player (twice!) for not playing hard in the middle of the season.  on the other hand, given that they are where they are, it looks to me like that's exactly what he should be doing.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 04, 2015, 04:13:50 PM »

i agree.  it's ridiculous that a coach is benching his quote/unquote best player (twice!) for not playing hard in the middle of the season.  on the other hand, given that they are where they are, it looks to me like that's exactly what he should be doing.
You could maybe let Foster run the point some. Inmates running the asylum or whatever

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 04, 2015, 04:42:49 PM »
You could maybe let Foster run the point some.

i'd be more inclined to move him to the 3.  his handles are crap.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 04, 2015, 04:45:01 PM »

At the one he'd probably be happier and play harder

Offline BWebbs0

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 04, 2015, 04:47:00 PM »
It's one thing to bench him in the non-con. But to do so during league play?

Eff oscar!
oscar Weber has the personality of a dead moth.

Will Spradling is an awful human being.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 04, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »

He can't play the point, he isn't capable.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 04, 2015, 04:58:07 PM »
It's one thing to bench him in the non-con. But to do so during league play?

Eff oscar!

:flush:

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 04, 2015, 05:03:43 PM »
Obviously both parties suck in this situation. oscar is a dumb eff goof, but Foster acting like a bitch while your team is up and you acting like drama is a bad look. Looks like you're in it for yourself.

Jesus Christ Wacky, of course he's selfish, all high achievers are. I don't think anyone is better at my job than me. If my board of directors decided that I have to sit and watch someone else do my job I'd be pissed too. I have always felt that people who insist that athletes be humble are low achieving losers, or are liars that lack self-awareness, or think athletes are chattel who should not be allowed to play by the rules set forth by our society.
Except when that high-achiever thinks s/he is so much better than everyone else. Then they just stop getting better and are average real quick. That's humility, to some degree, fosters excellence...must always get better.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 04, 2015, 06:21:09 PM »
I literally hate this team. I'm a student and I'll be watching the rest of these games from home.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 04, 2015, 09:12:48 PM »

At the one he'd probably be happier and play harder
I mean why not at this point, it's not like this team is doing anything or going anywhere

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 05, 2015, 12:44:48 AM »

A better coach (Frank) would have just benched him during the Ft. Hays State game and gotten all of this Mickey Mouse crap out of the way before the losing started.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 05, 2015, 12:50:19 PM »
I'm hearing "buy in" wasn't chosen.