Author Topic: Woof (now various ticket promotions related thread)  (Read 12050 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Woof (now various ticket promotions related thread)
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2013, 10:14:26 AM »
ok, so this is real?  bacon giveaway?  does this mean they'll be throwin bacon around at the men's game too? ya know with Title IX and whatnot.

Nope.  Classic November Fools' joke.  ESPN got in on it, too.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2013, 10:59:39 AM »
yes, the last thing we would want to do is use his overall record.  instead, it makes way more sense to use arbitrary statistics which fit the agenda of hating oscar. agree 100% go cats.

so weird. i swear to god he said he was just using his last four years at illinois. wow. go to bed daris.

either way, i'd say it's pretty dumb to just use numbers and not allow some kind of human interpretation of those numbers. oh well time will tell. go ksuuuuu.

ok so he said he expects oscar to repeat his last four illinois seasons over and over again at ksu cats and that he's ok w/ it. why didn't he say five? hell i don't know. maybe because it's because oscar went 5-13 in conference that year.

also, he just went .500 in conference in those last four and missed the tourney twice. oh well gosp doesn't care that much about bball i guess. that's his deal though not mine.

Look I think you realized in your second post that I used his all-time winning percentage, not just any four years, to calculate my prediction for this season.  Then I looked at our schedule and thought it was doable.

Longer term, I didn't include the 07-08 season results in my career prediction because it was an outlier.  (The only overall losing season in Weber's 15-year career.)  But likewise, I'm not predicting Weber wins the Big 12 every year and maintains the new all-time winning percentage record at KSU, even though his most recent season -- and only season at his current school -- statistically indicates he might.  Again, last year was a bit of an outlier.  So I went with the four seasons right before that as fitting into his mean.

Maybe oscar will go 16-19 (5-13) every year from now on at KSU and suck taints and dongs and all those other things steve dave usually lists.  But if so, it would be a major downward deviation from his pattern.  (And I wouldn't be okay with that, which is why I didn't say I would be okay with that.)

Am I okay with this career at KSU?  Yeah, I guess I said I would be.  Maybe that makes me a crappy fan.   :dunno:

27-8 (14-4), conference title, NCAA
24-11 (11-7), NCAA
21–15 (10–8), NIT Quarterfinals
20–14 (9–9), NCAA Round of 32
17–15 (6–12)
24–10 (11–7), NCAA
21–15 (10–8), NIT Quarterfinals
20–14 (9–9), NCAA Round of 32
17–15 (6–12)

I think he might actually do better than that, and that's based on big breakout years he's had (28-8, 27-8, 26-7, 24-7, 37-2).  But that's more along the lines of wishful thinking.  Anyway, go cats.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:07:02 AM by Ghost of Stan Parrish »
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2013, 11:38:50 AM »

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2013, 11:58:53 AM »
hey dum-dums: this isn't a "let's argue about oscar for the 16576th time" thread. this is a "let's observe how a terrible sequence of events has now led to plummeting attendance" thread. so keep your pro and anti oscar agitprop out of here

but while we're on the topic, i heard yesterday on NPR that "the plural of anecdotes isn't data." so it's clear here that a bunch of you are using anecdotes (previous season records, wins and losses) to try to predict how oscar is going to do. while in fact, the real actual data is simply that oscar is terrible. ergo, ipso facto, ksu is going to lose more than real cat fans should want them to lose. looks like a lot of not real cat fans in this thread. sad.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2013, 12:30:46 PM »
Wait, so the bacon thing is real? 

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »
Fellas don't be a bunch of humorless psycho/sociopaths like the tucks over in phogville. 

Enjoy the bacon.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2013, 12:52:07 PM »
I'm not saying that everyone in Manhattan is fat, but everyone in Manhattan is either mildly or morbidly obese.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2013, 12:57:41 PM »
I'm not saying that everyone in Manhattan is fat, but everyone in Manhattan is either mildly or morbidly obese.

Do I need to start posting pictures of the crowds waiting on the KU basketball team again (provided the LJWorld website hasn't taken them down out of shear embarassment)?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2013, 12:59:38 PM »

What can blue do for you?

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2013, 01:26:31 PM »
Yes, the bacon thing is real, and it's brilliant.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9935691/kansas-state-wildcats-offers-free-bacon-women-basketball-opener

uh, yeah, brilliant.

Umm...yeah, it is brilliant.  This worthless game that no one would otherwise know about has now been talked about on several national media outlets.  Probably the best k-stateo ever.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2013, 01:28:54 PM »
Deb's thighs are going to explode.

Ts and Ps.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2013, 01:31:45 PM »
i don't know why anyone could or would hate this.

brilliant.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »
This might be the greatest WBB promotion of all time.

Matt Norlander ?@MattNorlander 7m
Bacon basketball just damn changed the game http://cbsprt.co/HK1MzU

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2013, 01:47:13 PM »
Even the AD has accepted this whole fOOD premise :dunno:

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2013, 12:11:53 AM »
Well, folks...after tonight it looks like our dear leaders may need some more ideas to increase attendance at the fOOD. Please contribute any ideas you have to get people out to watch oscar's undersized warriors to this thread, and we'll pass it along.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:26:23 AM by slimz »

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2013, 12:23:50 AM »
Well, folks...after tonight it looks like our dear leaders may need some more ideas to increase attendance at the fOOD. Please contribute any ideas you have to get poeple out to watch oscar's undersized warriors to this thread, and we'll pass it along.

Free beer / liquor.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2013, 12:31:29 AM »
soooo.....how was the attendance for this abortion?

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2014, 04:04:22 PM »
K-State Sports
At next Tuesday's ?#?KStateMBB? vs TexasTech the 1st 1,000 students get a FREE chicken quesadilla from Fuzzy's Taco Shop - Manhattan, KS!

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2014, 04:11:44 PM »
Hey guys, I still happen to think oscar is going to coach this year's squad to a pretty good season!  (Not a parody post.)

:Purple Koolaid:

why?  not a parody post either.

I hope you're ready to have your mind blown by the inanity of my rationale!  Three words: Past As Precedent.  I tend to believe coaches -- with a significantly large enough track record --tend to continue to perform as they have in the past.  That's why I thought Kruger would win quickly at OU.  Of course, there comes a time when "the game passes a coach by" and winners start to fade, but Weber is too young IMO to fall into that category.

Especially with Chris Lowery on the bench, Weber has been successful.  Overall, his lifetime winning percentage is .676 (.637 in conference).  Assuming we play 32 games before the NIT/NCAA tournament (that number is not set) the math works out to a record of 22-10 (11-7).  That's my prediction.  And I'll take that record for my Khatz.

Weber won bigger than that with others' recruits, and he won bigger than that while at SIU.  And we know he has lost bigger than that, too.  But this seems to be his sweet spot.  I look at his last four seasons at Illinois to be our future, repeated over and over, until he leaves.  And I'm okay with that.  He already coached us to our first title since 1980, so that adds to my level of contentment...

Great bump!   :Woot:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2014, 04:18:13 PM »
Wow, 3 tuesdays in a row?

Head to head with a shockers game. :flush: