Author Topic: Kansas Governor watch (early polling)  (Read 33491 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas Governor watch (early polling)
« Reply #275 on: October 28, 2014, 02:28:21 PM »
Do you actually think brownback and roberts are good for kansas and the country?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 28, 2014, 03:26:12 PM »
Do you actually think brownback and roberts are good for kansas and the country?

I think Brownback is doing a good job so far in reducing taxes to make Kansas a more competitive job climate. Whether the current tax levels can be sustained or lowered will depend upon how quickly the economy improves and how much spending can be reduced. Brownback has also refused the Obamacare medicaid expansion, which both increases dependency on government and will cost the state more money down the road.

I don't specifically favor Roberts over any other Republican senator - the important thing is that he is a reliable vote for a Republican Senate majority, which is essential to getting any meaningful bills through the legislature in the next two years. Even if Obama has to veto 90% of it, he will at least be forced to finally exercise his veto power, setting up an important contrast in the 2016 elections. Currently, Harry Reid won't even allow a vote on any legislation that is even remotely problematic for the Dems (Keystone XL, Obamacare reforms, tax reforms, etc.) which is why Obama has only had to exercise his veto power twice in 6 years.

The folks who buy into Greg Orman's "government is broken" mantra don't seem to understand that a vote fro Greg Orman jeopardizes the best chance to finally break the stalemate in Congress.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 28, 2014, 03:59:15 PM »
So you're going to vote for people that you don't like just so (maybe) you can really stick it to obama and make him veto your stupid bills?

This is the american neocon people, jesus christ

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 28, 2014, 04:05:01 PM »
So you're going to vote for people that you don't like just so (maybe) you can really stick it to obama and make him veto your stupid bills?

No. I don't think the bills will be "stupid" and I don't necessarily know that Obama would veto all of them. But a Congress that can actually advance bills to the White House is better than a Congress that can't even do that. We can't do anything about the occupant of the White House for another two years, but we can at least get Congress up and running again.

As a libtard, I don't expect you to agree. For you, if you can't have an all Dem controlled Congress like back in 2008 - and the House is lost for the foreseeble future - you would prefer the gridlock. As a conservative, I see a real opportunity for a unified Republican Congress to actually pass legislation.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:08:32 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 28, 2014, 04:12:09 PM »
JFC KSUW you are the exact reason why this country is broken.  Guess what, having Reps in charge in the Senate will do JACKSHIT to fix Washington and will in fact only make it worse.  Congrats I guess if your idea of fixing things is to send more crap to Obama only to be vetoed. The reason why bills aren't being advanced is because you vote for eff faces like Huelskamp who have no interest in passing laws, only in slowing down the legislative process and making Kansas look like a collective bunch of mouth breathers. 

As far as Brownback doing a good job  :sdeek:
wrecking education while you pass if off as liberal activist judges messing 'round with my tax money! while failing to realize it is hurting our future.
NO LEGITIMATE economist projects Kansas as being on a sound debt footing nearly entirely because of Brownback's policies.  And you can't even blame this on the economy improving.  Look at the facts, Kansas is lagging behind while neo-con utopia is faltering and moving backwards.  Nothing will improve with people like you running the show because time and time again we've tried this experiment and it always fails.  Laffer was a rough ridin' idiot and his curve doesn't work.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 28, 2014, 04:42:28 PM »
I am a Republican and consider myself somewhat conservative.  Did not vote for Brownback.  All I heard from his campaign was about "tax cuts".  While my income has remained essentially the same, our taxes have risen year over year.  I have also witnessed nothing from his tenure that shows me he is moving the state in a better direction.  Time to give someone else a shot.  FWIW, that's also my attitude regarding the Roberts/Orman race.
@mikec2w

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 28, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »
I am a Republican and consider myself somewhat conservative.  Did not vote for Brownback.  All I heard from his campaign was about "tax cuts".  While my income has remained essentially the same, our taxes have risen year over year.  I have also witnessed nothing from his tenure that shows me he is moving the state in a better direction.  Time to give someone else a shot.  FWIW, that's also my attitude regarding the Roberts/Orman race.

total libtard

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #282 on: October 28, 2014, 07:40:05 PM »
Heard some pundit talk about runoffs in states where a candidate doesn't get a majority of the votes (eg, wins 49% to 48% for the retards). We dont have that in kansas do we? Because that's the road we're going down.

Also, lol at Edna and libs last couple retorts. Such anger and delusion
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 28, 2014, 07:43:03 PM »
Heard a radio thing on wisconsin today.  No matter who wins, at least we aren't wisconsin.  Good grief.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 28, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »
I like how electing Davis creates the exact same scenario in Kansas edna is furiously advocating against at the Fed level.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 28, 2014, 08:38:22 PM »

Well I am a registered independent and consider myself somewhat liberal, but after careful deliberation and much soul searching, determined that reelecting Brownback and Roberts is what's best for KS and the country, for all the reasons stated above. See? Two can play that game !

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 28, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »
you guys both telling the truth?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 28, 2014, 09:02:15 PM »

Well I am a registered independent and consider myself somewhat liberal, but after careful deliberation and much soul searching, determined that reelecting Brownback and Roberts is what's best for KS and the country, for all the reasons stated above. See? Two can play that game !
You're wrong. ... Go Royals.
@mikec2w

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 28, 2014, 09:16:27 PM »
One thing that's certain,  X chocolate, Brownback had nothing to do with your taxes going up.

Fun fact I learned the other day: democrats have been governor of kansas 30 of the last 50 years. Time to give someone else a shot.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 28, 2014, 09:49:02 PM »

No you're wrong. But also Go Royals!

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2014, 10:01:48 PM »

No you're wrong. But also Go Royals!
:cheers:
@mikec2w

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 11, 2014, 02:57:18 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/news/government-politics/article3729756.html

TOPEKA

Kansas will collect $1 billion less in revenue in 2015 and 2016 than its projected expenses following massive income tax cuts signed into law by Republican Gov. Sam Brownback.

The new revenue estimates released Monday revealed that Kansas would burn through about $380 million in reserves and still need to cut $280 million to balance its current budget for fiscal year 2015, which ends next June 30.

The problem continues in 2016 when revenues are projected to run $436 million short of expenditures, the estimates show.

The revenue estimates were developed by a panel of fiscal experts that includes university economists, a legislative policy analyst, a representative from the governor’s budget office and the state revenue department.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 11, 2014, 02:59:57 PM »
 :lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 11, 2014, 09:40:40 PM »
Sounds like we may need to cut spending.  :runaway:

But I'd also be on board with a regressive tax like maybe a sales tax.

Just as long as my income taxes are lower, and it's a real PItA to kill babies in this state, Sam's my man.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 11, 2014, 09:52:11 PM »
I mean, good lord, people in this state are so rough ridin' stupid.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2014, 09:58:38 PM »
Going to be a lot of cheap unskilled labor in KS in like 18 yrs, or so.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2014, 08:23:57 AM »
$720 million less of a shortfall than libtard think tanks projected when the tax cuts were enacted, so something must be going right.  Also state employees got their first raise in 8 years thanks to Sam.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 12, 2014, 08:29:16 AM »
And we can thank god the tooth fairy stuck 380 million cash behind sams pillow after the huge budget shortfall we ran last year.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 12, 2014, 09:07:27 AM »
I had heard $1.3B.   :dunno:

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 12, 2014, 10:28:10 AM »
$720 million less of a shortfall than libtard think tanks projected when the tax cuts were enacted, so something must be going right.  Also state employees got their first raise in 8 years thanks to Sam.

:sdeek: