Author Topic: Work versus Welfare  (Read 4823 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Work versus Welfare
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 06:49:42 PM »

did anyone watch this?
I feel like you guys would lol at it

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 07:04:22 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 07:29:03 PM »
It's always a democratic libtard problem to them because they fail to account for wage stagnation, trade laws, and outsourcing.

You know real tangible issues besides finger pointing nonsense.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 07:52:53 PM »
Headinjun bringing the heat! Zealtown, pop. Headinjun!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »
It's always a democratic libtard problem to them because they fail to account for wage stagnation, trade laws, and outsourcing.

You know real tangible issues besides finger pointing nonsense.

Everyone understands that the libtards are to blame for these things, they are juat skipping straight to finger pointing.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 09:27:19 PM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 09:57:38 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2013, 10:55:17 PM »
Maybe our robust 1.5% GDP growth will get us out of this mess.  :whistle1:

our anemic growth, and the need to redistribute wealth in order to stimulate demand is a good reason to support some form of wealth transfer, even if these individual programs may do pretty poor jobs of it.

i think the trend towards underemployment and negative real wage growth of less educated/less skilled labor is a systemic problem that is only going to get worse in coming years.  figuring out a way to ameliorate that issue is going to be a huge problem (i don't actually think we are likely to solve it).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2013, 12:17:53 AM »
 :goodbyecruelworld:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2013, 12:48:22 AM »

our anemic growth, and the need to redistribute wealth in order to stimulate demand is a good reason to support some form of wealth transfer, even if these individual programs may do pretty poor jobs of it.

i think the trend towards underemployment and negative real wage growth of less educated/less skilled labor is a systemic problem that is only going to get worse in coming years.  figuring out a way to ameliorate that issue is going to be a huge problem (i don't actually think we are likely to solve it).

Handing out unearned money will never be the answer to GDP growth. People must work in a productive job and a friendly business environment is the only way it will ever happen.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2013, 12:58:12 AM »

Handing out unearned money will never be the answer to GDP growth. People must work in a productive job and a friendly business environment is the only way it will ever happen.

a productive business environment doesn't solve the problem of an oversupply of labor.  we're entering the technological equivalent of a slave economy, where free labor cannot earn a living wage, because their labor isn't actually worth a living wage.  the only way to keep the economy moving is to find a way to pay/give them more than they're worth.

i mean, it's possible i'm wrong, and i dunno, boutique handmade pickles are going to provide a way for millions of people to earn a living.  that'd be great, but i don't think it's going to happen.

expanding the earned income tax credit was the best thing reagan ever did.  updating it would go a long way to solving the problem - for now.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2013, 03:24:25 AM »

a productive business environment doesn't solve the problem of an oversupply of labor.  we're entering the technological equivalent of a slave economy, where free labor cannot earn a living wage, because their labor isn't actually worth a living wage.  the only way to keep the economy moving is to find a way to pay/give them more than they're worth.

i mean, it's possible i'm wrong, and i dunno, boutique handmade pickles are going to provide a way for millions of people to earn a living.  that'd be great, but i don't think it's going to happen.

expanding the earned income tax credit was the best thing reagan ever did.  updating it would go a long way to solving the problem - for now.

John Dougie's idea is much better.  Much more efficient and better long term to move the demand curve right, than constantly fighting to move the supply curve up.

You're basically proposing the solution to a gun shot wound is to change shirts.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2013, 08:59:20 AM »
What is hilarious is there are people in this thread who believe 82 million Americans are on Medicaid because they can't see the fun with numbers being had here.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2013, 10:00:15 AM »
What is hilarious is there are people in this thread who believe 82 million Americans are on Medicaid because they can't see the fun with numbers being had here.

I don't think anybody said that or believes it. The article is pretty straightforward.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »

First, your Keynesian theory is just that- a theory, and one that hasn't really panned out.

Second, please don't pretend the unsustainable expansion of our welfare state has anything to do with Keynesian economics or "stimulating" the economy. It is about buying votes, plain and simple. This is the Democratic power model that harkens all the way back to the first days of the party machine.

Third, you are completing ignoring the severe harm our massive welfare state has wrought. It is a cancer on the soul of America - our individualism, self sufficiency, and work ethos. Millions of able bodied Americans choose to live a marginal existence for "free" rather than work. More and more people drop out of the workforce and we celebrate that the unemployment rate is "dropping."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2013, 01:44:24 PM »
That's the most daxy dax post in awhile.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2013, 02:12:06 PM »
Oh man, who can forget the Democrats being swept into Congress in 2006 riding the coat tails of Fiscal Responsibility.   

7 years later with Democrats controlling at least one branch of our legislative body the entire time as well as the executive office.  The National Debt has increased at a record pace, Federal Budget Deficits range from $800 billion to $1.3 trillion a year.  5 years into the Obama Administration the unemployment rate is still over 7% and only there because the labor force is at an all time record low.   More people on food stamps than ever, and an average of $700 to $800 billion a year being spent on government social welfare programs, while there are more people on the gov't dole than are actually in the work force.    Meanwhile this year, those that actually work will flood the gov't cofers with record Tax Revenues and still the gov't will fall $800 billion dollars short of paying its bills.   Not to mention the administrations hallmark legislation has limped into action with a catastrophic whimper. 

The Democrat response:  Don't question us.

Check and Balances:  Only if a Republican is President.

And the GOP's response is to make sure gay people can't get married and abortions should be illegal. 

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2013, 02:42:04 PM »
Welfare is a beautiful thing! It completely disconnects you from reality, and your loyalty/dependance belongs to the state... http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/10/22/memphis-house-fire-leaves-3yo-dead-aunt-just-wants-food-stamps/

Go ahead left-tards, knock the "gopdailydose" and pay no attention to the words that come out of her mouth.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2013, 07:22:56 PM »
Welfare is a beautiful thing! It completely disconnects you from reality, and your loyalty/dependance belongs to the state... http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/10/22/memphis-house-fire-leaves-3yo-dead-aunt-just-wants-food-stamps/

Go ahead left-tards, knock the "gopdailydose" and pay no attention to the words that come out of her mouth.

its comical watching the libtards/obamabots defend this.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2013, 11:30:52 PM »
Oh man, who can forget the Democrats being swept into Congress in 2006 riding the coat tails of Fiscal Responsibility.   

7 years later with Democrats controlling at least one branch of our legislative body the entire time as well as the executive office.  The National Debt has increased at a record pace, Federal Budget Deficits range from $800 billion to $1.3 trillion a year.  5 years into the Obama Administration the unemployment rate is still over 7% and only there because the labor force is at an all time record low.   More people on food stamps than ever, and an average of $700 to $800 billion a year being spent on government social welfare programs, while there are more people on the gov't dole than are actually in the work force.    Meanwhile this year, those that actually work will flood the gov't cofers with record Tax Revenues and still the gov't will fall $800 billion dollars short of paying its bills.   Not to mention the administrations hallmark legislation has limped into action with a catastrophic whimper. 

The Democrat response:  Don't question us.

Check and Balances:  Only if a Republican is President.

Let's not forget that since 2006  and before we've had the republican policies of :

-Occupying two foreign nations with no revenue to pay for it
- a new homeland security dept with no revenue to pay for it.
-  Medicare part d with no revenue to pay for it
- a more than doubling of the DOD budget with no revenue to pay for it. 

These things are still with us and the elected right has never proposed or allowed these things to have a revenue source. 

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2013, 11:44:55 PM »
Democrats would not agree to make cuts to balance these expenses, and pubs would not raise taxes to pay for them.  They both agreed they were necessary.  Would you support a balanced budget amendment?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2013, 09:12:44 AM »
I've got no problem with those facts Dax. 

I do think that both sides get swept up into the MIC.

what I do have a problem with is the conservatives thinking they can just completely wash their hands of the costs of the things they spearheaded for.

We see all this bitching about the projected costs of "Obamacare" but see no bitching about the historical bills come due for the republican policies of yesteryear.  Policies that would be fought for by the right if the left decided to end them.   

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2013, 09:58:44 AM »
I've got no problem with those facts Dax. 

I do think that both sides get swept up into the MIC.

what I do have a problem with is the conservatives thinking they can just completely wash their hands of the costs of the things they spearheaded for.

We see all this bitching about the projected costs of "Obamacare" but see no bitching about the historical bills come due for the republican policies of yesteryear.  Policies that would be fought for by the right if the left decided to end them.

That's not the subject of this thread. Regardless, the fact that republicans joined in bipartisan profligacy in the past is hardly an excuse for the present unipartisan profligacy. Again though, not the subject of this thread.