Author Topic: Sams Exactly Half-Way Through His KSU Career  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Sams Exactly Half-Way Through His KSU Career
« on: October 14, 2013, 10:15:56 AM »
This is his third season; we are half-way through this season.

I like where we are at with him.  What I saw on Saturday, for the very first time, was that he was learning to be patient with our pulling guard QB run scheme.  Instead of trying to score every play, his was waiting for his blocks so that he could pick up 5 or 6.  It was very Klein-esque.  I would venture to say that Klein has been working with him.  (Klein future KSU coach?)

I have been thinking about comparisons to Sams, and I don't think he is ever going to be as effective of passer as Klein, Roberson, or Bishop.  (That said, Snyder trusted Klein to throw as a soph about as much as he trusts Sams, and that still turned out pretty good.)  But, another name came to mind:  Tommie Frazier.  You know, that QB that couldn't throw to save his life.  That guy who was maybe one of the best college QB's of all-time.  That guy at the center of Nebraska's dynasty (puke).

I was pretty hot about the loss on Saturday but, upon reflection, I have come to the conclusion that the next two years are going to be really fun.  So could the last half of this season.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Sams Exactly Half-Way Through His KSU Career
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 10:21:16 AM »
No one gives a crap about your opinion or what you have to say. Soo..

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 10:27:24 AM »
Sams throws ten times better than Klein, his deep ball is weak, but his short passes have a zip and accuracy behind them that Klein never had.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »
I hope Klein recruits better than Bill.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 10:29:16 AM »
wait did steffy get banned, or is this a sock?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »
It's way too early (good or bad) to judge Sams' throwing ability. JMHO.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 11:08:12 AM »
Sams throws ten times better than Klein, his deep ball is weak, but his short passes have a zip and accuracy behind them that Klein never had.
ya, the comparison to of soph Sams to soph Klein throwing the ball is laughable.  Isn't there a gif or a youtube of how bad a couple of Klein's throws vs UT were?

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »
ya, the comparison to of soph Sams to soph Klein throwing the ball is laughable.  Isn't there a gif or a youtube of how bad a couple of Klein's throws vs UT were?

I think the primary challenge for Sams is not his physical ability to throw the ball, but his vision and decision-making.  But, that isn't the purpose of the thread.  He can be a dominant player for us without being good in the passing game.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »

I think the primary challenge for Sams is not his physical ability to throw the ball, but his vision and decision-making.  But, that isn't the purpose of the thread.  He can be a dominant player for us without being good in the passing game.

we all know that, it was discussed in the 100 page thread titled sams vs waters

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 11:34:02 AM »
It's way too early (good or bad) to judge Sams' throwing ability. JMHO.

Agree.  Anybody who says otherwise simply has no idea yet. The comparison of Snyder trusting Sams about as much as he did Klein in his sophomore year feels accurate though.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 11:34:21 AM »

Man, how great would it of been if Sams had been able to work on his vision and decision-making in September after he and Hubes had already ran all over a the non con opponents?  I wonder what a downfield throw from him would look like when we aren't trailing in the late stages of the 4th quarter?

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »

Man, how great would it of been if Sams had been able to work on his vision and decision-making in September after he and Hubes had already ran all over a the non con opponents?  I wonder what a downfield throw from him would look like when we aren't trailing in the late stages of the 4th quarter?

Or, maybe Sams is watching on the sidelines against OSU and BU because he is all beat to hell after running against NDSU and LaLa???