Author Topic: Briles > Snyder  (Read 197520 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Briles > Snyder
« Reply #1275 on: February 08, 2017, 09:33:33 PM »
The Baylor fans are ultimately responsible...punish them.  :Carl:

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: February 08, 2017, 11:11:20 PM »
I wonder why the authorities didn't just temporarily fine BTK instead of putting him in prison. I mean, his family, church, neighbors, they were all affected by his punishment and they didn't do anything.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: February 09, 2017, 07:35:37 AM »
I wonder why the authorities didn't just temporarily fine BTK instead of putting him in prison. I mean, his family, church, neighbors, they were all affected by his punishment and they didn't do anything.

Exactly.  Just hold that money off to the side, and if he goes like 6-12 months without any new issues, and attends some counseling, give the money back to him.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: February 09, 2017, 08:23:17 AM »
kicking Baylor out of the conference only punishes innocent parties at this point.  doing it would be nothing more than a silly PR stunt.

Exactly. Baylor would also sue the crap out of the conference given that entity has no grounds for kicking them out for what is alleged here.

'clams rightly points out that the problem is a university problem but then calls for an athletic entity to deal with it, that makes no sense. Frankly the State of Texas, federal government, or some other body that governs or licenses the university should be stepping in here.

I think losing a lawsuit to Baylor would be worth it to be rid of them. I really don't like my alma mater being associated with them.

I'm going to assume that you're using hyperbole here. The conference losing money equates to the member institutions losing money. No one associates Baylor with Kansas State just as no one in the world thinks about the Big 10 or Illinois when you hear the name Jerry Sandusky.

For me, it's not about what others think or equate. I really don't want to play athletics against Baylor anymore. They are not good enough for us.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: February 09, 2017, 08:56:32 AM »
not really a good analogy either considering the punishment that was given to penn state

that issue was addressed and dealt with which is unlike the baylor situ

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: February 09, 2017, 09:26:59 AM »
kicking Baylor out of the conference only punishes innocent parties at this point.  doing it would be nothing more than a silly PR stunt.

Exactly. Baylor would also sue the crap out of the conference given that entity has no grounds for kicking them out for what is alleged here.

'clams rightly points out that the problem is a university problem but then calls for an athletic entity to deal with it, that makes no sense. Frankly the State of Texas, federal government, or some other body that governs or licenses the university should be stepping in here.

I think losing a lawsuit to Baylor would be worth it to be rid of them. I really don't like my alma mater being associated with them.

I'm going to assume that you're using hyperbole here. The conference losing money equates to the member institutions losing money. No one associates Baylor with Kansas State just as no one in the world thinks about the Big 10 or Illinois when you hear the name Jerry Sandusky.

For me, it's not about what others think or equate. I really don't want to play athletics against Baylor anymore. They are not good enough for us.

This.  And, if you sleep with dogs long enough, you will eventually get fleas.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: February 09, 2017, 09:35:54 AM »
not really a good analogy either considering the punishment that was given to penn state

You mean the punishment that was rescinded because the NCAA didn't want to get sued, that punishment? The NCAA had to walk back punishing a university that enabled a chronic child rapist who did his crimes in the football facility. There are university officials facing criminal charges over this and the NCAA couldn't adequately punish them, but you guys want the Big 12 to stick their necks out :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: February 09, 2017, 12:01:16 PM »

You mean the punishment that was rescinded because the NCAA didn't want to get sued, that punishment? The NCAA had to walk back punishing a university that enabled a chronic child rapist who did his crimes in the football facility. There are university officials facing criminal charges over this and the NCAA couldn't adequately punish them, but you guys want the Big 12 to stick their necks out :lol:

yes that punishment.  at least they acknowledged the rough ridin' problem and addressed it.  sure, much of it was rescinded but they were judged and punished which is a million times more than any entity has done to address the situation at baylor.

look- you've gone so far and i know you aren't coming off the ledge on this one but surely you aren't so myopic that you think that penn state would sue the ncaa.  because i refuse to believe that you think that, unless it's just a prank you're pulling?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: February 09, 2017, 01:29:25 PM »

You mean the punishment that was rescinded because the NCAA didn't want to get sued .... the NCAA couldn't adequately punish them, but you guys want the Big 12 to stick their necks out :lol:

yes that punishment.  at least they acknowledged the rough ridin' problem and addressed it.  sure, much of it was rescinded but they were judged and punished which is a million times more than any entity has done to address the situation at baylor.

look- you've gone so far and i know you aren't coming off the ledge on this one but surely you aren't so myopic that you think that penn state would sue the ncaa.  because i refuse to believe that you think that, unless it's just a prank you're pulling?

So, the NCAA just walked back the sanctions because they felt it was the "right thing to do?"  Not sure where you are coming from on this one.  Something had to motivate their action.

In addition, it still stands that the NCAA walked back on PSU.  If that is the case, why go bigger as a conference against Baylor.  I guess you can believe that BU will take the moral high ground (for once) and not do something utterly slimy (for once) and not sue the livin' crap out of the conference and its member institutions for over-stepping their authority concerning an issue which they have no legal standing to pursue.

I mean, I guess you can believe that about Baylor.  However, their past record would indicate rather strongly that it might not be the best route to put your trust in.  Sort of like ol' Joe Stalin trusting Hitler over the German-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact.  All indications were that Adolf had issues with living up to his word when it came to international agreements, sort of like BU has an issue when it comes to taking responsibility when it comes to the safety and well-being of its non-football playing students.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: February 09, 2017, 01:31:08 PM »
You guys act like Baylor winning a lawsuit against the Big 12 would be the end of the world. I don't really care what sort of severance package they end up with as long as they are gone.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: February 09, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »
you do realize that a judge laughed at the attemped lawsuit that penn state filed, don't you?

the sanctions weren't reduced because the ncaa was scared of a bullshit lawsuit from one of its members who essentially themselves give the ncaa full reign over

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: February 09, 2017, 11:33:59 PM »
NCAA sanctions are stupid. Real people were hurt, real people should be prosecuted.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: February 10, 2017, 09:46:52 AM »
I don't want Baylor kicked out.  Every conference needs a heel

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: February 22, 2017, 03:50:54 PM »
I guess this goes here.  Apparently, Texas is going to try and pass a ton of laws to deal with the rape problem on campuses, with specifics to deal with Baylor and its special issues.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/higher-education/2017/02/21/school-staffcould-fined-jailed-aggressive-push-fight-campus-rape-spurred-baylor-scandal

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: February 25, 2017, 06:55:34 PM »

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: February 25, 2017, 07:21:20 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: February 26, 2017, 09:27:55 AM »
She is just saying what they all think.  Joe did nothing wrong

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: February 27, 2017, 09:18:48 AM »
Knock them right in the facey!

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: February 27, 2017, 09:32:24 AM »
Everyone is mad about her "knock them in the face" comment, but her dismissive "this happens everywhere to the same degree" comment was 100 times worse. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: February 27, 2017, 09:34:38 AM »
“I work here every day. I’m in the know, and I’m tired of hearing it. This is a great institution. The problems we have at Baylor are no different than the problems at any other school in America, period. Move on. Find another story to write.

Gotta love the "well, everyone else is raping people, too!!" argument.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: February 27, 2017, 09:44:47 AM »
Everyone is mad about her "knock them in the face" comment, but her dismissive "this happens everywhere to the same degree" comment was 100 times worse.

I'm not sure about that.  All colleges use the "everyone is doing it" excuse.  Good lord every Karl in my office was saying that for the past month about their runaway basketball program.  I think her saying you should beat up people who may not want their daughters at rape U is pretty over the top.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: February 27, 2017, 10:05:04 AM »

I'm not sure about that.  All colleges use the "everyone is doing it" excuse.  Good lord every Karl in my office was saying that for the past month about their runaway basketball program.  I think her saying you should beat up people who may not want their daughters at rape U is pretty over the top.

Her "it's happening everywhere else" comment was pre-meditated and the purpose of her making comments.  I think her "knock'em in the face" comment was spur of the moment and nothing more than a "knock some sense into 'em" saying.  She didn't really mean punch them.  She really did mean and believe this type of stuff happens everywhere and we need to move on.  She's saying this when within the last month it's come out a female team coach, and colleague of hers, went up the football coach saying a player of their's reported being sexually assaulted by football players, with a list of player names, and the head FB coach responded with "what was she doing with those guys, those are some bad dudes."  It's not so much she said it, it's that she said it in a way she actually believes at most schools if someone in her position reported a sexual assault to another coach, that coach's first reaction would be to ask "why was she with my bad dudes?"

She also played the "I'm a coach here, so I know more than you" card, which also shows she's rough ridin' nuts and brainwashed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:10:17 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: February 27, 2017, 10:34:39 AM »
NCAA needs to go one way or the other. If they aren't going to drop something serious on Waco, they should just go ahead and apologize for the death penalty on SMU.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Briles > Snyder
« Reply #1298 on: February 27, 2017, 10:37:48 AM »
Yes, most all colleges are having similar issues.   

But nobody to my knowledge is having issues of the size, scope and depth of Baylor, with layers of cover up. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: February 27, 2017, 04:01:14 PM »
All of what Mulkey said was terrible.  The mic drop at the end indicated how tone deaf she is and how f'n weird Baylor people are for thinking that was awesome.