Author Topic: Briles > Snyder  (Read 194911 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Briles > Snyder
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2014, 12:38:59 PM »
Oh yeah how many trophies does briles have?

the same amount.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2014, 07:16:41 PM »
I feel like briles big moment was when he hired bennett as the dc.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2014, 07:22:57 PM »
In response to IP I'd say currently but not all time yet

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2014, 07:23:55 PM »
I feel like briles big moment was when he hired bennett as the dc.
Interview with Bennett said he never once turned on his computer while coaching at smu, even snyder would chuckle at that (i think).

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2014, 07:34:23 PM »
Did YOUR gym teacher use a computer? Mine sure didn't.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2014, 07:43:51 PM »
Did YOUR gym teacher use a computer? Mine sure didn't.
Yes, he did

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2014, 12:27:44 AM »
moving forward, who would I take?  Briles.  But that doesn't diminish what Bill has done.  Bill's accomplishments (to this point) are remarkably better than Briles. 

This is the right answer.  We should usher Bill into retirement and name a stadium after him or something, and hire Briles.

Let's revisit this in 10 years.  Then, it will be:  LHC Bill Snyder, Hall of Famer, five-time conference coach of the year, three-time national coach of the year, four-time conference champion; national championship in 2014 (first year of playoffs) and playoff semifinalists in 2015.

Briles:  Best BU coach since Graft Taft; got BU share of conference in 2013.  Then, team underperformed in 2014, finishing 6-3 (and tied for second to champ KSU), and then lack of player discipline and recruiting scandals led to his eventual departure.  Produced the best run of BU football since the 1970's, but no Hall of Famer.

:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2014, 01:54:41 PM »
moving forward, who would I take?  Briles.  But that doesn't diminish what Bill has done.  Bill's accomplishments (to this point) are remarkably better than Briles. 

This is the right answer.  We should usher Bill into retirement and name a stadium after him or something, and hire Briles.

Let's revisit this in 10 years.  Then, it will be:  LHC Bill Snyder, Hall of Famer, five-time conference coach of the year, three-time national coach of the year, four-time conference champion; national championship in 2014 (first year of playoffs) and playoff semifinalists in 2015.

Briles:  Best BU coach since Graft Taft; got BU share of conference in 2013.  Then, team underperformed in 2014, finishing 6-3 (and tied for second to champ KSU), and then lack of player discipline and recruiting scandals led to his eventual departure.  Produced the best run of BU football since the 1970's, but no Hall of Famer.

Oops. Like the zeal though.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2014, 02:12:15 PM »
Oh yeah how many trophies does briles have?

the same amount.

Negative.  Briles has an outright Conference USA champy too. :surprised:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2014, 12:54:41 AM »
Briles now 4-1 vs Snyder, with 1 outright Dr. Pepper and 1 shared Dr. Pepper.

Yeah, Briles ownership of Snyder has surpassed Leach and Stoops. I take some small measure of solace in the fact that at least Baylor is now winning the conference and has become a legit elite contender the last 2 seasons. Also, Snyder has won at Norman 2 straight times.
Also, in 2012, when we played Baylor, they were playing as good as anyone at the conference at that point.  At some point during that 2012 season for them, things just clicked into place.  They've been playing at a super high level ever since.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2014, 01:25:37 AM »
Would like to see how Briles does once his staff starts moving on and up. That is the one thing that makes Bill 1.0 so amazing.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2014, 01:27:37 AM »
Would like to see how Briles does once his staff starts moving on and up. That is the one thing that makes Bill 1.0 so amazing.
until we were left with a bunch of idiot coaches

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2014, 01:30:37 AM »
until we were left with a bunch of idiot coaches
It took 15 years.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2014, 10:49:12 AM »

Let's revisit this in 10 years.  Then, it will be:  LHC LHC Bill Snyder, Hall of Famer, five-time conference coach of the year, three-time national coach of the year, four-time conference champion; national championship in 2014 (first year of playoffs) and playoff semifinalists in 2015.

Oops. Like the zeal though.

Let's revisit in ten years.  Snyder will be hall of famer; maybe have a national championship.  Regardless of what Briles manages to achieve before the crap hits the fan, we know it will have hit the fan in ten years.  When it does, even Dave Bliss will be appalled.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2014, 11:16:13 AM »
a simple "i was wrong" would have worked

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2014, 11:28:01 AM »
Bennett is a loser head coach who probably won't go anywhere, have any of his offensive assistants left?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »
Bennett is a loser head coach who probably won't go anywhere, have any of his offensive assistants left?
   All have been there for all 7 years at Baylor, assume most where also at Houston. Defensive staff was rebuilt by Bennett.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2014, 11:34:54 AM »
   All have been there for all 7 years at Baylor, assume most where also at Houston. Defensive staff was rebuilt by Bennett.

Man, sounds like Briles caught lightning in a bottle with his staff...

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2014, 11:42:19 AM »

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2014, 12:56:22 PM »
The turnover on the defensive staff was the biggest problem for Bill 1.0, especially when you add in the fact those were some of the best recruiters. 

It is unlikely Briles loses anyone from his defensive staff and I doubt losing many offensive assistants will be much of a problem.  In fact, Briles would likely replace any losses with an up and coming Texas HS coach that further adds to his recruiting base in Texas. 

With Strong not embracing the Texas HS HUNH style and OU stuck in a rut it is not hard to imagine Briles on run of double digit win seasons not unlike DoD 1.0.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2014, 01:03:54 PM »
@TravHaneyESPN: POST: Big 12 talks, assesses after its bad weekend. (Members aren't pleased with Briles.) Who's next at Houston? (In) http://es.pn/163jbAq

What do they say about briles? I hate that guy.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2014, 01:51:24 PM »

@mikec2w

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »
it's pretty sick what some people can make jokes about

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2014, 02:16:20 PM »
I remember the days when Baylor was an automatic "W" for Kstate.  It didn't matter if we played at home or away, Baylor just rolled over.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2014, 02:19:33 PM »
it's pretty sick what some people can make jokes about

That really put a charge into you, eh?