Author Topic: Another One For Our Guy Daniel  (Read 162890 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Another One For Our Guy Daniel
« Reply #675 on: May 13, 2014, 09:47:09 AM »
he never even got to give WR a shot being fully healthy  :frown:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 13, 2014, 09:48:55 AM »
Why should the dumbass who comes in at 6am and leaves at 8pm be praised when I can do just as much from 8-5?

:facepalm:

No, that is legitimate

Note: I think this site is breaking down because it keeps messing up my posts.

What you're suggesting might apply if Daniel had been outworking or even matching Jake's intensity during the proverbial "8 to 5." However, Jake was not only outworking Daniel during those regular hours but also putting in tremendous effort outside of those hours. Your argument might apply to the call center you work at but a division 1 athlete needs to be striving to GET BETTER EVERY DAY.

I hate that you guys mock snyder's 16 goals.

Real life experience says that this is a really dumb post.  Optimizing a guy's productivity doesn't make him better than a guy that hasn't optimized his but has a higher ceiling and more talent. 

The hard work only bullshit is exactly that.   If coached by a maniacal control freak, that others believe has mystical powers to pull off what no one else can fathom, then we just barely have a shot to eek up and compete at the high conference level every decade.  Lil Bro is right about what happens to us post Bill if our dumbasses don't figure out what is going to happen if we get stuck with Sean and still try to force a team of the Cimmaron, KS kids over actual rated talent/recruits because they work hard and for a super long time.

CNS just dropped a haymaker.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 13, 2014, 09:49:54 AM »
Why should the dumbass who comes in at 6am and leaves at 8pm be praised when I can do just as much from 8-5?

:facepalm:

No, that is legitimate

Note: I think this site is breaking down because it keeps messing up my posts.

What you're suggesting might apply if Daniel had been outworking or even matching Jake's intensity during the proverbial "8 to 5." However, Jake was not only outworking Daniel during those regular hours but also putting in tremendous effort outside of those hours. Your argument might apply to the call center you work at but a division 1 athlete needs to be striving to GET BETTER EVERY DAY.

I hate that you guys mock snyder's 16 goals.

Real life experience says that this is a really dumb post.  Optimizing a guy's productivity doesn't make him better than a guy that hasn't optimized his but has a higher ceiling and more talent. 

The hard work only bullshit is exactly that.   If coached by a maniacal control freak, that others believe has mystical powers to pull off what no one else can fathom, then we just barely have a shot to eek up and compete at the high conference level every decade.  Lil Bro is right about what happens to us post Bill if our dumbasses don't figure out what is going to happen if we get stuck with Sean and still try to force a team of the Cimmaron, KS kids over actual rated talent/recruits because they work hard and for a super long time.

It does matter a little if someone with a high ceiling doesn't put in the effort to reach that ceiling.  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 13, 2014, 09:56:36 AM »
It all depends. 

Saying Sams was lazy and didn't put in much effort is pretty dumb.  If nothing else, a good coach should find a way to take a kid that has more effort to give and yet is still really good and motivate/manipulate him into additional effort. 

A great coach would have taken prime talent and made it work, especially if the kid was constantly wanting it to work. 

Offline ShocksNPlow216

• Fan
  • Rule by Obeying Nature's Laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 13, 2014, 09:58:07 AM »
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=11.6150

Fun little re-read.

How many ages hence
Shall this our lofty scene be acted o'er,
In states unborn, and accents yet unknown

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 13, 2014, 09:59:39 AM »
the lazy talk needs to stop. he isn't lazy, and that's not the reason he wasn't the #1 quarterback. as for WR, he was never healthy this spring and was unable to work his way into being a starter, which probably added to his frustration.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 13, 2014, 10:00:24 AM »
sometimes you just have 2 players that are both good, this isn't a k-state thing or a LHC Bill Snyder thing

players transfer

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 13, 2014, 10:04:50 AM »
It all depends. 

Saying Sams was lazy and didn't put in much effort is pretty dumb.  If nothing else, a good coach should find a way to take a kid that has more effort to give and yet is still really good and motivate/manipulate him into additional effort. 

A great coach would have taken prime talent and made it work, especially if the kid was constantly wanting it to work.

Prime talent? The kid runs a 4.6 and has awkward strides. He's fun and passionate but we're not losing a JFF type impact player. I love daniel for what he is but why is it so hard for you guys to grasp that he just didn't put forth the effort to get the nod over another quality player that happens to work a bit harder. If two players have similar skill levels but one busts his butt and the other doesn't rise to that effort level, the guy who works harder will get the nod.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 13, 2014, 10:08:19 AM »
It all depends. 

Prime talent? The kid runs a 4.6 and has awkward strides. He's fun and passionate but we're not losing a JFF type impact player. I love daniel for what he is but why is it so hard for you guys to grasp that he just didn't put forth the effort to get the nod over another quality player that happens to work a bit harder. If two players have similar skill levels but one busts his butt and the other doesn't rise to that effort level, the guy who works harder will get the nod.

Herein lies the flaw of your thinking.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 13, 2014, 10:11:18 AM »
So OK_Cat's buddy destroying Penn State football got us here?  Am I remembering that right?

:eek:  holy crap, you're right.  child molesters killed kstate football. 

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 13, 2014, 10:16:24 AM »
So a future NFL stud/boss leaves our program and we are expected to be happy with someone who MIGHT make the CFL?! GMAFB.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 13, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »
It all depends. 

I remember seeing a QB subbed in at such a rate that there was rarely an opportunity for any flow to be gained, yet he scored TD's on something like 50% of his carries early on and ran completely bananas over many defenses.    Same QB would be put in, gain good drives, then mysteriously be subbed out for a 3 and out superstar never to see the field again in games.

I don't know what his 40 time is or what Jake's is.  I just know that most of last year was extra frustrating and basically everyone except the blind Bill followers saw it.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 13, 2014, 10:18:52 AM »
So a future NFL stud/boss leaves our program and we are expected to be happy with someone who MIGHT make the CFL?! GMAFB.

This is where the NFL to CFB comparison is flawed.  Great college players don't always translate well into the NFL (Tim Tebow comes to mind).

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 13, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »

This is where the NFL to CFB comparison is flawed.  Great college players don't always translate well into the NFL (Tim Tebow comes to mind).

Well, I can tell you that NFL players always reverse translate into having been great college players.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 13, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »

Yet all NFL players would make excellent CFB players.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 13, 2014, 10:20:25 AM »

If you don't fully trust Snyder with all of your heart and soul to not make mistakes like every other human being does you should be shot. After all, it's not like he has a track record of failing in the past that was based partially on a lack of talent at the quarterback position. Go put on your crimson and blue, you multiple brain cell-having ingrate.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 13, 2014, 10:20:49 AM »
It all depends. 

I remember seeing a QB subbed in at such a rate that there was rarely an opportunity for any flow to be gained, yet he scored TD's on something like 50% of his carries early on and ran completely bananas over many defenses.    Same QB would be put in, gain good drives, then mysteriously be subbed out for a 3 and out superstar never to see the field again in games.

I don't know what his 40 time is or what Jake's is.  I just know that most of last year was extra frustrating and basically everyone except the blind Bill followers saw it.

I'll never feel comfortable with the two quarterback thing.  So I agree that it was frustrating.  What people seem to be ignoring was Sams interceptions. Are you postulating that had he had more playing time the costly interceptions would have gone away? That defenses wouldn't have capitalized on his preference to use his legs and not his arm?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 13, 2014, 10:21:41 AM »
I hope only the best for Daniel and his future. 

The biggest downfall of him leaving is not necessarily his playing time but the time other teams have to put in to prepare for two completely different styles of QB's that could see the field.  Fans on other boards are already excited about not having to play DSams.  Sams won us TCU, would have given us a W for NDSU, and almost helped us upset the Big 12 Champions.  We are a one-dimensional team now that is at best a 6-win team if Waters goes down.  Sams was our one returning running threat.   
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 13, 2014, 10:23:29 AM »
It all depends. 

I'll never feel comfortable with the two quarterback thing.  So I agree that it was frustrating.  What people seem to be ignoring was Sams interceptions. Are you postulating that had he had more playing time the costly interceptions would have gone away? That defenses wouldn't have capitalized on his preference to use his legs and not his arm?

All of those interceptions came at the end of the game when Sams was making ill-advised throws because he knew we had to get points that drive. He didn't manage those situations very well, but no first year quarterback ever does.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 13, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »
Bunch of his interceptions came at times during games where we were playing on the road, from behind, and without locket.  He was pressing.  Using this as the measuring stick for him not being the QB all year is dumb.

Blasting a guy that was asked to pull out productivity at a time where the other guy couldn't yet was given no time to develop or gain meaningful experience prior to that point is insane.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 13, 2014, 10:26:31 AM »
It all depends. 

yeah, it's hard to believe that a guy with that much talent would improve given more playing time.  super easy to come into a game when the "starting" qb has already put us at a disadvantage and your only hope is to chunk some long bombs in hope for a miracle.  rough ridin' dumbass.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 13, 2014, 10:27:04 AM »
I remember being frustrated as eff by young Beasley's and Roberson's.  Sams was easily better than both as a young player.  Sams was, at one point, on a trajectory to be the best QB this university has ever seen. 

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 13, 2014, 10:27:33 AM »
Bunch of his interceptions came at times during games where we were playing on the road, from behind, and without locket.  He was pressing.  Using this as the measuring stick for him not being the QB all year is dumb.

Blasting a guy that was asked to pull out productivity at a time where the other guy couldn't yet was given no time to develop or gain meaningful experience prior to that point is insane.

wow. wow. what a squawkarooni. fire up the tag n' bag machine, addressed straight to phog.net. YOU ARE NOT ONE OF US :shakesfist:

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #698 on: May 13, 2014, 10:30:37 AM »
I remember being frustrated as eff by young Beasley's and Roberson's.  Sams was easily better than both as a young player.  Sams was, at one point, on a trajectory to be the best QB this university has ever seen.

GMAFB with this nonsense.  He couldn't even win the position outright.  Just like he didn't in high school. 

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 13, 2014, 10:31:31 AM »
This whole episode has me thinking that not even Freeman would have been able to stand in Bill's war path.