Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 54548 times)

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #325 on: October 05, 2013, 12:21:17 AM »
LSOC is on #TeamBID with me it sounds like. Sequester the crap out of everything.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 05, 2013, 08:50:47 AM »
I don't think there is a good solution, let alone on the election side.

Reform should start with term limits though.

Completely agree.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 05, 2013, 01:35:34 PM »
Serious question: what did the sequester that was such a big deal cause?  Is it still going?  I'm insanely lazy so I don't want to do any research.

probably knocked about 0.5% off gdp growth.  that's the problem with economics, though, there's never a control.  or a replicate for that matter.

the mean Republicans caused a depression

he has the same number of votes as i do.  and then people wonder why our govt acts so stupidly.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 05, 2013, 02:25:30 PM »
sequester was a problem because it cut the budget 9% across the board non negotiable AFTER the fiscal year had already been planned for. now that we are starting a new fiscal years with the sequester known it can be planned for and will not really be as damaging.

Sweet.  Let's do it.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 05, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »

sequester was a problem because it cut the budget 9% across the board non negotiable AFTER the fiscal year had already been planned for. now that we are starting a new fiscal years with the sequester known it can be planned for and will not really be as damaging.

Sweet.  Let's do it.

Done.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 06, 2013, 03:41:38 AM »

educational.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 06, 2013, 12:32:38 PM »
It's probably time to move on from this subject, much bigger fish to fry now boys, I just learned there is an NFL team that is using a offensive name.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 06, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »
As if closing open-air memorials in DC as a prop for the SHUTDOWN weren't petty, vindictive, and nakedly political enough - they're probably employing more security now to keep them closed than if they were open - the government has now attempted to SHUTDOWN Mt. Rushmore.

The problem is, while they can shut off direct access to the tourist center, Mt. Rushmore is big, and they haven't completed a tarp big enough to drape over the whole thing. So, the government has done the next best thing: closed off all the scenic overlooks. Not kidding. 'Cause, you know, we can't have people looking at Mt. Rushmore while the government is SHUTDOWN. Might give people ideas about what real presidents - not a petty little bad person - look like.

I know I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but if the media were to cover this nasty behavior with the same zeal that they pursued any of the so-called scandals during the Bush admin, Obama's presidency would be through. There is no question. Instead, it's a mild embarrassment at best. As the security would say at the monument (or along the roadside) "nothing to see here, move along."

What's next? Will Obama divert all border security to screen off the Grand Canyon?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 06, 2013, 07:34:34 PM »
That's just ridiculous. :lol:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #334 on: October 06, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »
As if closing open-air memorials in DC as a prop for the SHUTDOWN weren't petty, vindictive, and nakedly political enough - they're probably employing more security now to keep them closed than if they were open - the government has now attempted to SHUTDOWN Mt. Rushmore.

The problem is, while they can shut off direct access to the tourist center, Mt. Rushmore is big, and they haven't completed a tarp big enough to drape over the whole thing. So, the government has done the next best thing: closed off all the scenic overlooks. Not kidding. 'Cause, you know, we can't have people looking at Mt. Rushmore while the government is SHUTDOWN. Might give people ideas about what real presidents - not a petty little bad person - look like.

I know I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but if the media were to cover this nasty behavior with the same zeal that they pursued any of the so-called scandals during the Bush admin, Obama's presidency would be through. There is no question. Instead, it's a mild embarrassment at best. As the security would say at the monument (or along the roadside) "nothing to see here, move along."

What's next? Will Obama divert all border security to screen off the Grand Canyon?
No, they're closing the highways.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23595845/2013/10/02/state-highway-through-grand-canyon-to-close

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 06, 2013, 07:59:04 PM »
that president obama sure does know how to reel them in :love:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 06, 2013, 08:30:41 PM »
K-S-U, do you realize that you sound like a dumb rough ridin' moron?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 06, 2013, 10:17:01 PM »
Do people honestly think National Parks maintain themselves?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 06, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »
K-S-U, do you realize that you sound like a dumb rough ridin' moron?

Good response.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2013, 10:58:39 PM »

I don't think anyone thinks that, but good straw man. In fact, the house has, among other things, voted to continue funding the NPS, but the Senate refuses to accept any piecemeal funding because they need an all-or-nothing approach to protect the bloat.

That is all beside the point, however. The point is that the Obama admin is not only "closing" things that don't cost a dime to keep open - like a rough ridin' view - it is actually spending money to close these things, not to mention paying a bunch of extra security to keep monuments closed that could just as easily be open, and for what?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 06, 2013, 11:13:23 PM »
You seem to contradict yourself a lot.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 07, 2013, 01:00:06 AM »
It does seem like they're using more resources keeping people from enjoying the parks than just keeping them open and staffed as normal.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:19 AM »
It does seem like they're using more resources keeping people from enjoying the parks than just keeping them open and staffed as normal.

what is the rough ridin' point of a government shutdown if everything the government runs stays open.  this is the most Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) political theater i've ever seen in my life.  shut down rough ridin' everything, then people will actually see how Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) the republitards are.  it's rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that stupid rough ridin' morons like K-S-U quibble over what should and shouldn't be shut down in a rough ridin' SHUTDOWN.  shut the whole rough rider down.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #344 on: October 07, 2013, 01:38:27 AM »

what is the rough ridin' point of a government shutdown if everything the government runs stays open.  this is the most Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) political theater i've ever seen in my life.  shut down rough ridin' everything, then people will actually see how Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) the republitards are.  it's rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that stupid rough ridin' morons like K-S-U quibble over what should and shouldn't be shut down in a rough ridin' SHUTDOWN.  shut the whole rough rider down.

I think you are missing the main point here.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 07, 2013, 01:39:31 AM »

good lord, michigancat.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 07, 2013, 06:35:01 AM »

you should say eff more.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 07, 2013, 08:40:34 AM »

Respectfully, you're missing the point, and I'm not sure why. It's very simple. The federal government is, in many cases, spending more resources keeping parks and monuments closed than if they simply remained open. For example, there was absolutely no reason to set down cones closing off scenic overlooks to Mt. Rushmore - that view doesn't cost the government a dime, but they spent money anyway to put the cones down. It was purely punitive. They've evidently done the same thing with roads near the Grand Canyon. Similarly, with the amount of security employed to keep many monuments closed, they could just as easily remain open. The government saves no money with these actions - liberals are simply trying to punish Americans because they're not getting their way. "We own this, and you peasants don't get to see it until you feed us, with no conditions." It is a perfect illustration of the tyranny inherent in big government.

You are correct that even during the SHUTDOWN, a big chunk of the government (I've heard 87%?!) is still open. Your frustration that the SHUTDOWN isn't more painful is somewhat amusing, coming from a liberal who I presume advocates for more government. It is this very "I'll show you" attitude that is causing Obama to pointlessly close down public parks and monuments.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 07, 2013, 08:42:28 AM »

I don't think anyone thinks that, but good straw man. In fact, the house has, among other things, voted to continue funding the NPS, but the Senate refuses to accept any piecemeal funding because they need an all-or-nothing approach to protect the bloat.

That is all beside the point, however. The point is that the Obama admin is not only "closing" things that don't cost a dime to keep open - like a rough ridin' view - it is actually spending money to close these things, not to mention paying a bunch of extra security to keep monuments closed that could just as easily be open, and for what?

This whole thing is now a circus being ran by the libtards in order to pass all their "bloat"...shutting down views and highways is asinine and should not be tolerated. The monuments were payed for by the people, for the people...so if I want to drive to bumfuck SD or AZ to look at a monument, I goddamn will.

I've had enough of this crap...

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 07, 2013, 08:56:10 AM »
And now Obama is upping the stakes - taking a swipe at the kiddies. Amber Alert website now shut down. “Due to the lapse in federal funding, this Office of Justice Programs website is unavailable.”Curious why keeping a website up to protect possibly abducted children wasn't deemed part of the "essential 87%" of government still open. Almost seems like they're trying to scare people! I think it bears repeating at this point that Obama's "executive chef" is still on duty, Camp David is still open, etc.... They're essential, you see. Amber Alert, not so much. The government is SHUTDOWN, people!