Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 54013 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #225 on: October 03, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »
Yeah when you causes a problem you don't get to do an end run around the impacts of the issue.  This is a Tea Party mess 100% and they should face all the negative PR that comes with it. Maybe they should have thought of this before trying to cripple a law which they have failed to destroy at every turn, in every office, and at every level of government.

:lol: So your argument boils down to "well they started it! :bawl:" They're only "impacts" because the Dems insist on the "all or nothing" approach, because if they start passing individual spending resolutions, it sets a very bad precedent for protecting The Bloat (same reason they won't propose a budget that cuts spending). So I guess the question is: do you really hate kids with cancer, or are you just trying to protect Big Government?

Dear idiot,
If you allow a piecemeal approach to refunding the government it is NO DIFFERENT than passing a CR with the defunding clause. 
You are the ones who passed by the kids with cancer and the kids who rely on SNAP for your partisan ideologue terrorism.
People with logic,
ednksu

Of course it is NO DIFFERENT for Dems - because they insist on an all or nothing approach. Why is this so hard for a "person of logic" to understand? So because of the Dems' "partisan ideologue terrorism," kids with cancer and who rely on SNAP suffer. Sad, really.
look when the Dems tried to do a conference on the budget FOURTEEN TIMES the tea party blocked it.  You don't get a do over when your party of ideological terrorists runs the gauntlet and makes America suffer.  That portion of the issue is ENTIRELY due to the work of the Tea Party and no one else is to blame. You don't get to sneak your way back into the budget discussion while completing your goal when you are the ones who caused the conflict to begin with.  The ACA was pasted, tested, and allowed.  Get the eff over it.  We've already seen Federal spending levels below what the Ryan budget wanted.  The only thing your side wants right now is the old paradigm where insurance companies can rape honest Americans in the healthcare industry.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2013, 11:55:47 AM »
Look when the Dems tried to do a conference on the budget FOURTEEN TIMES the tea party blocked it.  You don't get a do over when your party of ideological terrorists runs the gauntlet and makes America suffer.  That portion of the issue is ENTIRELY due to the work of the Tea Party and no one else is to blame. You don't get to sneak your way back into the budget discussion while completing your goal when you are the ones who caused the conflict to begin with.  The ACA was pasted, tested, and allowed.  Get the eff over it.  We've already seen Federal spending levels below what the Ryan budget wanted.  The only thing your side wants right now is the old paradigm where insurance companies can rape honest Americans in the healthcare industry.

:sdeek: Yeah, it's the Tea Party's fault we don't have a budget that reduces spending. :lol:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2013, 12:05:03 PM »
hey dumbasses,

you two are demonstrating what's wrong with our government.  shut up and stop being dumbasses.

sincerely,

everybody else.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2013, 12:20:42 PM »
I'm starting to believe this government shutdown thing isn't so bad. The last one led to 4 consecutive years of a balanced budget, which libs love to hail as a great lib achievement. The only problem is we had a much more pragmatic president in '96.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2013, 12:49:02 PM »
he just read an Ayn Rand book or something and wants to come on here and pretend to be smart.  I know some people like him.

Well, you outed me...

Seriously though: All of you who are supporting this, I need some medical work done pretty soon...who wants to open their pocketbook and donate to me? Not a damn one of you...That's what I thought.

I take care of myself and you take care of yourself. I'm not going to ask you for help and I sure am not going to give help if you're not working and I am. The days of government handouts should be over as people are abusing the system...which is another topic for another thread

I'm not claiming to be a "self made titan" or whatever I was called...I just want to be accountable for me and nobody else. I'm tired of premiums going up and such because there are too many uninsured people demanding treatment without payment. It's ass backwards and we're smarter and better than that in the USofA.
eff you and yourself self interested ideologue bullshit that has no place in America.  Move to rough ridin' Somalia if you want that life. The US was founded on many principles which are diametrically opposed to your way of life.

JFC...  :facepalm:

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 03, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »
We're seeing the beginning of a new era folks! Hopefully everyone can open their eyes and treat healthcare like the good/service it really is. If you can't afford it, i'm sorry but you can't get treated. It's the same principle that runs everything else in the world. If you don't have money to buy a nice car, you don't get to.

This may get me blasted, but it's how things have worked for hundreds of years. Everything has been going downhill since we've been giving a crap about not hurting everyones feelings.

not having a nice car isnt a matter of living or dying. apples and oranges you heartless prick.

It's really not though...

Why do you feel the need for everyone that works hard for a living to pay for people that don't even want to find jobs? I work my ass off in order to do what I want and i'm tired of people freeloading off successful people. This country was built off of hard work and opportunity. Everyone has the opportunity to achieve more and have more success, but they have to work for it. Whether it's a minimum wage job that provides small healthcare or one where you have all the money in the world. The problem with Americans now is that we're lazy and feel like we're entitled to everything and that's just not how it works.

SS,

Just so you know the ACA was put into effect to help middle class families protect their assets and savings too. 

If you're not aware of that then I'm not sure you really pick up a newspaper or have a clue about what has or is going on.

It's not the middle class families that i'm worried about. Most of the middle class families aren't even involved in whats going on as many have healthcare plans already. The ACA does not address the underlying issues which cause health care costs to soar, it just papers over those high costs with taxpayer dollars and government imposed mandates on employers. The costs are still there and still going up. All the ACA did was point a gun to everyone's head and force them to buy insurance. Sort of like trying to fix homelessness and high home prices by forcing everyone to buy a home and mortgage.

If you believe everything the paper says all the time, you're just a herded sheep.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 03, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 03, 2013, 01:40:36 PM »

I don't get it. How do you run out of imaginary money?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2013, 01:43:16 PM »

It's a Federal Reserve Bank joke, CFOD.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2013, 01:49:39 PM »

Stop taking the square root of negative numbers? :dunno:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 03, 2013, 01:59:46 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 03, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »
Also, apparently the administration has now announced that all monuments are open only "for First Amendment activities." So.... if you're there to protest against the government using the closure of monuments as props for the SHUTDOWN, that's ok, but if you're just a tourist, you're trespassing? Where does "honoring the fallen" line up?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 03, 2013, 02:11:10 PM »
they should take down all barriers on the Mall, but also not pick up any trash or mow the grass or clean up graffiti or stuff like that.

National Parks should probably stay blocked off, though. people could start fires.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 03, 2013, 02:21:08 PM »
National Parks should probably stay blocked off, though. people could start fires.

they can't start fires in national forests?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 03, 2013, 02:24:05 PM »

they can't start fires in national forests?

ok, close those gates, too.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2013, 02:30:43 PM »
Better also shut down the interstate highways, too. Will we need to make new signs, or can we somehow re-purpose these with some SHUTDOWN decals? We should probably just spend the money on making new ones. Never know when we might need them again, you know?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2013, 03:02:19 PM »
neocon: government is bad!  shut down the government!

-shutdown-

neocon: hey!  i was using that government thing!  give that back to me!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »

-shutdown-

strawman!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »
You know, if we SHUTDOWN the government for maybe two months each year, we could balance the budget....

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2013, 03:34:29 PM »
You know, if we SHUTDOWN the government for maybe two months each year, we could balance the budget....

if we gut the military we run an instant surplus and all party.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2013, 03:41:45 PM »

you hate veterans

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »

some ppl couldn't afford the gas to drive to that party.  Freedom!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2013, 03:54:40 PM »

And if we gutted welfare be could have a way bigger party. How 'bout we compromise as fellow moderates and gut them both half-way? :cheers:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2013, 03:56:28 PM »

-shutdown-

now that's funny

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2013, 06:53:25 PM »
Better also shut down the interstate highways, too. Will we need to make new signs, or can we somehow re-purpose these with some SHUTDOWN decals? We should probably just spend the money on making new ones. Never know when we might need them again, you know?

yeah if you wanted to travel on a roadway you should have thought about that before hand.  Pull your bootstraps up and pave your own way instead of waiting for big government to provide you with basic services!

And if we gutted welfare be could have a way bigger party. How 'bout we compromise as fellow moderates and gut them both half-way? :cheers:
Not sure you know what welfare is.fry.jpg
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting